PlugY Access Code Violation C000005 when saving game?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
damacon
Cultist
20 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Hi all,

I'm hoping some of you can help me figure out why I can't get PlugY to work with my install (mods, if this isn't the right place for this, please feel free to move it or tell me where I should post it).

I can't play M2017 without the increased inventory that PlugY offers, but I can only get M2017 to work, and not PlugY. I've spent the better half of this day trying to make it work, and the answer eludes me. Below is a synopsis of what error message I'm getting, and what I've tried to do to fix it:
Error Message:

UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS VIOLATION C000000005

I only get this message when loading the game through PlugY. It originally only happened whenever I tried to save the game, but now it happens whenever I try to load the game at all. I can load M2017 through the launcher, and by double-clicking the LoD icon on my desktop, but PlugY eludes me.

I have tried the following:

-Gave all .exe files admin privileges and have tried compatibility mode for all of them (I've tried Win 7, XP SP3, XP SP2, and Win 8, and none work).
-Downloaded a 1.12 version of the installer through an .iso (since I understand the 1.14 version changes core game files and is not compatible). I then downloaded the 1.13 patch to make sure I was using 1.13c before attempting to run PlugY.
-Tried running the game through D2SE. When I try to run just LoD v 1.13c, it works fine. When I try to run the plugin, the screen goes black, then returns to D2SE and nothing happens
-Tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything several times, in all different orders (Median XL, THEN PlugY, vice versa, Download 1.14 then downgrade to 1.13c, etc) The best result I've gotten is to be able to get into a game in PlugY, but I still get an access code violation whenever I try to save.
-I've run D2vidtest and tried using every single option (2d, Direct 3D, and Glide)
-I've tried running the game with -w and with -ns to see if those might be messing with me.

There's got to be something I'm missing. Have any of you experienced this Access Code Violation error when trying to save your game using PlugY? If so, how did you fix it?

I've got the Median XL itch and I really would like to be able to play with PlugY. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Warren1001
Monkey King
259 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
what version of plugy u using?
Videoking24
Imp
4 | 0
I'm getting same error regardless of using the D2SE launcher or through the regular launcher, plug y is a pipe dream at this point. Tried a clean install of both and all the tricks I could remember but as soon as I click anything it just crashes back out. It's odd because it was working fine till last week and I haven't got a clue what triggered it. :?:
annoying cat
Monkey King
278 | 1
same error when saving game.

Warren1001: plugy version 11.0 (latest) for me.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
damacon wrote:...

Videoking24 wrote:...

annoying cat wrote:...

Read here
annoying cat
Monkey King
278 | 1
thanks RequiemLux.
annoying cat
Monkey King
278 | 1
annoying cat wrote:thanks RequiemLux, you have saved me the time and effort to figure this out.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
annoying cat wrote:
annoying cat wrote:thanks RequiemLux, you have saved me the time and effort to figure this out.

No need to double post, just edit ur msg if urs is last msg, and quote the person if u want someone to recive notification of the post (just how RequiemLux quoted u and others)
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
annoying cat
Monkey King
278 | 1
sorry Rishab. noted.
DUmbKids
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hi all!

The reason you get the error message Unhandled Exception Access Violation C0000005 is a FLAWED CODE!!!!

I called this DumbKids cause thats why you all ended here. you were guided by dumb kids and now all guess on everything from graphics card issues to Internet service providers....

they are ALL WRONG!

Sadly i do not play Median XL but for PlugY the issue CANNOT be fixed in D2SE, it can however be fixed in PlugY the survival kit.

The reason is a file called LocalizedStrings.ini

The flawed code is in line 150 (its in polish)

If you can find the file LocalizedStrings.ini go to Edit and then open Search.

Paste this into your search bar : POL=Następny Index : przez d% Strony (+shift: %d)

DO NOT TRANSLATE IT! JUST SEARCH FOR IT!

once you found the line you gotta correct the code.

The right code line looks like this: POL=Następny Index : przez %d Strony (+shift: %d)

once you corrected the code you save the file under the same name "LocalizedStrings.ini" dont change its placement or anything.

Now enjoy your game!

For all the dummys out there speaking out of their rear... please quit it, your guesses are worth nothing if you have no idea what you are talking about and some people might actually listen to your stupidity and go change internet providers, buy new pc, change graphics card or whatever bullshit you told them. just shhh kiddo's !

THANK YOU!