Druid rant. Traprat. Respeccing. Done with druid. Unbalanced game. Switching to necromancer. Summoner.

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
So you basically want a build that does everything easy and fast without having to invest time to farm for it? Where is the fun in that?
fkfhnis
Azure Drake
172 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Necroglycerin wrote:So you basically want a build that does everything easy and fast without having to invest time to farm for it? Where is the fun in that?

There's fun in accomplishment. Even if investing 1% of time into something and doing it compared to the average 100% effort, you still did it and can feel good that you accomplished something.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
play throwbarb
fkfhnis
Azure Drake
172 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Gekko64 wrote:play throwbarb

Yep in my first post I said barb was a close tie for best character or close second best character
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
@fkfhnis

Suggestion 1: change thread title to "Traprant." Trust me. :)

Suggestion 2: never compare any class/build to Necromancer. All it will do is piss you off. Necro is OP, I don't think anyone will argue that. But part of that is because it's a well-rounded class overall (and all the powerful gear options it has doesn't hurt either).

I understand your frustration, believe me. There were countless times I wanted to just give up on my preferred build b/c I came to the conclusion it was a joke (to use your fighting game analogy, it was Median's equivalent of Dan from Street Fighter). Turned out, I just needed to look at it a different way. I started playing other classes and other builds, learning how they did things and adapting what I learned from them to my preferred build. It didn't make the build's many, many flaws disappear, but doing things from a different pov helped me figure out how I might be able to do things with the build I really wanted to play. Maybe doing something similar can help you too.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
fkfhnis wrote:
you are allready 120 on your necro? you mean laz set?

You just showed that you didn't even read the original post well.

now i did. but my opinion still didnt change to anything. still i think you are barking the wrong three. maybe necromancer is something you wanna play and suits your playstyle :)

good you found something you like.
fkfhnis
Azure Drake
172 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Solfege wrote:@fkfhnis

Suggestion 1: change thread title to "Traprant." Trust me. :)

Suggestion 2: never compare any class/build to Necromancer. All it will do is piss you off. Necro is OP, I don't think anyone will argue that. But part of that is because it's a well-rounded class overall (and all the powerful gear options it has doesn't hurt either).

I understand your frustration, believe me. There were countless times I wanted to just give up on my preferred build b/c I came to the conclusion it was a joke (to use your fighting game analogy, it was Median's equivalent of Dan from Street Fighter). Turned out, I just needed to look at it a different way. I started playing other classes and other builds, learning how they did things and adapting what I learned from them to my preferred build. It didn't make the build's many, many flaws disappear, but doing things from a different pov helped me figure out how I might be able to do things with the build I really wanted to play. Maybe doing something similar can help you too.

I really like this post. You're the only one who has admitted that necro is OP to me. I am quite curious about what your build was and what you ended up using it for.
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Solfege wrote:Suggestion 2: never compare any class/build to Necromancer. All it will do is piss you off. Necro is OP, I don't think anyone will argue that. But part of that is because it's a well-rounded class overall (and all the powerful gear options it has doesn't hurt either).

Hi Solfege! You said Necro is OP, which build? I've never tried Necromancer (and Paladin) before.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
fkfhnis wrote:best weapon in the game for traprat. Which is
Adramelech

Trap rats are tanks. High defense/dr/life and they're ranged. Some form of life regen is useful but 10 los isn't necessary .

fkfhnis wrote:Also i'm not even going to accept help with specific ubers to understand what I may be doing completely wrong and could do differently.

You're a new player and this game requires practice and patience. There is plenty of info within the forum if a guy searches for it. Trap rats can't complete all content but can do most fairly well. As toxic as your post is, the community is still trying to help. Use this opportunity to pick the brains of the veterans who generously offer support. Keep trying.

Solfege wrote: I started playing other classes and other builds, learning how they did things and adapting what I learned from them to my preferred build. It didn't make the build's many, many flaws disappear, but doing things from a different pov helped me figure out how I might be able to do things with the build I really wanted to play. Maybe doing something similar can help you too.

This ^
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
fkfhnis wrote:You're the only one who has admitted that necro is OP to me. I am quite curious about what your build was and what you ended up using it for.

Has anyone ever denied Necro's power? :) My fav build is Melee Sorc. There was no question it sucked monkey balls last patch, but so did my playstyle. I played Bowazon to learn how to dodge and Dual-claw Sin to learn how to skill-switch. I also found the "Workshop" section of Suchbalance's Stormcaller guide enlightening. Even though it applied specifically to his Stormazon, reading about his thought process helped me look differently at how to build my Sorc.

iamq1803 wrote:Hi Solfege! You said Necro is OP, which build? I've never tried Necromancer (and Paladin) before.

All builds. Necro OP all day, erry day. :) Check out the LH's Totem, HechtHeftig's Summoner, Stealthmaster's Melee, and Nikolaipka's Xbow guides. IDK if there's one Necro build that can do it all, but what each can do, they do extremely well.