[cLOD] Unable to connect to Battle.net

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Naabaanit
Tyrannus Discordus
271 | 27
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Hey guys, I'm usually great at troubleshooting the myriad problems of running this legacy game on various operating systems, but this time I'm a bit stumped.

I bought a friend D2 from G2A and gave him the keys to use with the bnet installers directly from Battle.net and we both got updated to v1.14d rather easily, however there comes the subject issue: Unable to connect to Battle.net.

Now, sources say that this could eventually be directed to the fact that I bought my keys from G2A and not Blizzard (oops) and the keys might be invalid. This is what I am hoping isn't the case as I bought the shield for fraud prevention. The troubleshooting we have done so far consists of admin mode, compatibility settings, opening ports 6112 and 4000, running from the root folder instead of the shortcut, and open bnet. Usually somewhere along the line the game starts to work and I know there isn't, or wasn't rather, maintenance because I was able to connect just fine.

Please help, getting this friend to agree to play was hard enough :D

Edit: We are both on Windows 10.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
normal bnet reg file?
Naabaanit
Tyrannus Discordus
271 | 27
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
I don't see why he would have anything but the regular considering he downloaded from bnet...perhaps the gateway editor will help...
Revelations
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
You wouldn't get that error message if it had anything to do with the keys. You'd be informed the key was the issue. This I can confirm since I used to anni farm/clone hunt and owned 20ish keys.
As for what your problem actually is, no clue.