[HU] Hell Unleashed 1.8

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
nice metalistas. tbh i still dunno where to get starting gear and its too slow pace, not rly motivated to try again. also i notice the big resolution is kinda annoying if you have bad eyes. fuck hui for now, pls rush and phr33 items on reset
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I am suprised no one is posting updates from this mod. No one is playing or no one is brave enough to admit the failing in act 1 ?

There are hard games/mods, then there are fun + hard ones. If it's not fun I'm not gonna bother playing it till the end, beating a hard game means nothing.

Also... uhhh... nice "Mage"fists.

Progressing in levels will feel a lot less exciting if I'm only going to get 1% damage per 2 levels and even more of my character strength will be tied to gear alone.
Also it seems super strange that they have this alternating patch cycle every year where you get something completely different. Would make much more sense if all the modders got together and took the best of their personal ideas into a team project.

Taking the words right out of my mouth.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Skatina pls. If you look for negative things - you will find them in any mod, even mxl. But #thinkpositive and try to find nice thing in every situation. You will live longer.
As for "get 1% damage per 2 level" it's not completely true. It might be for certain skills. But number differ depending on skills, plus there are multiple synergies that boost up your build. Some stuff is really unexpected, for example paladin zeal and lightning shock combo where zeal reduces resistances :)
As for starting gear and tips: go out there and kill stuff. It's really that simple. Sets drop a lot. They have nice number of sockets. Also gamble cycles and jewels. Rest is up to you.
kiki22vu
KOSOVAR
573 | 45
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I played a bit sp but got bored quickly, cant force myself to play sp anymore lol

Will join ofc when they reset but so far i played its not hard more like annoying, for example the insane mana cost of spells/attacks wich force u to drink mana after u cast one spell, its ridic.

Also i play regular res 800*600 the highres thing is nice but somehow i like the reguar one more on d2 :)
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
I wouldn't mind playing realm until the 13th if they had reset their servers, but as it is I'll prolly try it in February if we get the old communism team together.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Karl Marx + Friedriech Engels = foreva ?

Anyways, some update with pictures. Some legendary features of HUI starting to show up. No teleports spawning at random, big maps with boss entrance ... at the very end of course. Runewords not working for me, tried regular ones from xuy database, old ones from vanila. No luck. Maybe i am doing something wrong. Gameplay is ez pz, lack of time is real issue. But everytime i play i do things no problem. No need to go back and refarm for better stuff or xp. However in act2 i already started to get lvl 40 items while being lvl 35. Maybe game is telling me to slow down, but you cannot stop red communism train on the fast track to destroy dirty capitalism wall.
Btw, mercs suck real hard. Act 1 stupid AI trying to position herself all the time during the fight and does nothing besides walking around. Act 2 merc can still use shield and spears, but good spear is hard to find. And when you find one, that stupid merc has not enough stats to wear it.... Also they die like flies no matter what.
► Show Spoiler
GoDlikeWarrior
Fallen
1 | 0
@anonymous to your pic with the not working portal orb, if you kill it with the pulse (periodic AoE) damage of your lightning (or any other I suppose) aura they don't spawn a portal.
Same happens if you kill a boss that should spawn a portal. Kill them with the pulse damage and the portal does not spawn.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
holy shocker > all confirmed, btw metal dont forget about lvl challenge
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Why you give advice in the things you don't understand ? If you want cheap attention - go to shoutbox and spam your stuff there. Keep this thread clean and simple.

Holy shocker > all - not true, because
a. it adds 1-xxx damage and at lvl 20 it is about 1-505 lightning damage which is ok for act2 only.
b. the frequency is meh unless you invest heavily into cold absorb which is another 20 points dump
c. you cannot run around a boss and expect that damage to work, i tried it, boss starts to heal
d. it messes up the portal spawns after portal mob/shrine kill and it happens often since you busy fighting around mobs
e. it adds damage to melee hits and is nice combo with zeal since zeal lowers resits, BUT you need zeal + shocker + absorb for passive + holy shield + defiancy to have an average tank char, and that many skill points you will only get end game
f. increased damage is not affecting hp/mp leaching and you end up a potaholic
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!