[AM] Aftermath 3.0.3

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
so AM could be considered as a MP biased mod again? even tho it has no server :lol: and is it hard or just broken/dumb/imbalanced?
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Dmitriy Of wrote:If you have no experience with really hard/not balanced mods then forget about this mod.

Zajebys, mne uzhe nravitsa.
Dmitriy Of
Vampiress
37 | 1
mahitovec wrote: and is it hard or just broken/dumb/imbalanced?

Sorry, i have no time for playing now. It seem you can be more powerful mid/end game but starting become awful(i have start sorc and it was my mistake, about Coldcrow i simple closed game). Totally changes are good but requires testing and replies to Trevor, otherwise it may become stupidly grinding/farming gold etc.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Well, itemisation is almost the same as last time i played it. Main isue is negative resists and how to counter them with help of eq. My last experience with this mod is few years old, but i remember not reading much about it, just going and killing stuff. Now i give this documentation some research and it will be ok. Also i played few hours last night, everything went smooth enough compared to some cancer mods i came across. Bought xp with gold, so lvl 20+huish atm, done cain, can farm griswold for set parts.

p.s.: everytime i exit game - it crashes. No progress lost, just some error. I play with -ns and ddraw.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
Did you finish A1 already? Some detailed info and impressions would be demokratisch to hear
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Demokratish opinion - this mod is somewhere in between hui and cancer. But keep in mind i don't remember most of the stuff that Dimitry told in old forum about this mod. Also i am using only drop items, no crafting, rws - because no real useful knowledge so far. Last time i played dual wield frenzy barb, now i play melee paladin. I like paladin walktrough better, main reason - i read documentation and plan ahead the skill/stat combo. And as usual zeal+smite+fanatizm = profit. Act 1 is done, all wps active, all areas scouted, all bosses killed, craft items collected, but no idea what to do with them...
Kartinki iz glubinki :D

► Show Spoiler

p.s.: no ss of items, because items ... well you know +1 to max everything.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
gj! screenshots look insanely promising, but sadly I know that all this is illusion lol

how many times you died already? Monsters do alot of damage?
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
well, the font looks nice.
thought about testing this mod but download is 1gb, which is huge bullshit and for understanding the mechanics of this mod seems like you need a phd
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
phd ? More like common sense and understanding what you just read from that documentation page. Some recipes and hints are not clear, but i hope to find more about them from old forum topics and from Dmitryj (he helped a lot last time with his knowledge).

As for walktrough and dying. You start at lvl 10 with 5 skill points - just read about skills and synergies and those passive synergies from stats/skills. Also check vitality table to see what is optimal vitality number is for having max hp multiplied by specific multiplier. Other than that main stat is dex for melee and dex/energy for casters. At least is what i understood so far and it worked.
In this mod your hp is under "eagle stance" efect - healing full hp in 18s - 24s. Heal time depends on your str. With this healing factor you can run around while fighting to wait for hp to heal up. If you are poisoned or taking constant dmg - this tactic not work. Items with atacker takes X of Y dmg is very nice and work great. You kill melee targets while ranged mobs kill themselves :D
You start with -50 res and max res is very low too. This is main problem and reason of my deaths. I died about 10 times or less. Boss is fire enhanced > boss dies > big fire nova triggered > you have no source to leach from > negative fire res > dead meat. Other than that only two mobs very troublesome: underground passage has grizly bears - super fast, come in packs, surounds, stun locks, gg. Countess mob - uses caster druid fire skills - rapes fast.
Everything else was easy for melee paladin - fast atacks with hp on atack, hp after kill, replenish - just some nice synergies from skills and items.

Skills, xp, stats. You get some xp from mobs, but kinda not worth to farm it in most cases. Rather than xp you farm gold. 1gold:1xp from mercs. You buy 5k, 10k, 50k and so on xp tomes > you consume them > go out kill 1 mob > gain a level. 1 level gives you only 5 stats. No skill points. For skills you farm more gold and buy skill books. For example, act 1 mercs sell lvl 1 and lvl 2 skill tomes. So your skills are limited to lvl 2 until act 2. In act 2 i saw lvl 4 skills. Some book shelves drop random skill books in jail areas. And i think there should be recipes to craft own skill books. I tried 3x same tome - nothing happened.

When i played this last time it was major block when moving from hatred to terror. Because resists negative again and death penalty was brutal. 1 death was 1/4 of max xp gone ? In this patch it should be easier, just go back, farm loads of gold, buy xp tomes. Get more stats > increase synergies > rush to next act > buy better skill tomes > come back and finish what needs to be done.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
Well, my game crashing aswell after S&E, but thats not a huge deal. Metal, how do you feel, how is this biased, towards melee/ranged/casters?
Void, I can .zip and compress it for you, but I've never done it and have no idea if its going to break anything (i mean lowering the size) :D