[LRdO] Le Royaume des Ombres

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions

downloading :D
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Me too. Gonna be nice weekend !

Merci beaucoup Xaphan.
suchbalance
Team Member
1757 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
I have some free time so will try this one for the first time :) Cheers for letting us know.
kiki22vu
KOSOVAR
573 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ill try it out for the first time as well :)

downloading
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
I am playing it already. First impressions and feedback.

Technical stuff:
Play with pluggy, DDraw, no sound and window mode. Everytime i launch game via D2SE i get error - "The procedure entry point InitOnceExecuteOnce could not be located in the dinamic link library Kernel32.dll.". But i click OK and game continues to load. Maybe it's problem with windows xp, maybe with my laptop.
Characters:
As i understand its only beta and some classes are locked. This limited my choice and i started with my favourite warrior/barb.
Skills, items, drops, xp:
Obviously i am still low lvl, but can see that xp/fame gaining was a bit reduced. Fine by me, more to kill :) Also drop rate was reduced which is ok at least for now. It used to be loads of potions/crap from every elite mob, now its much better.
Skills and class items - the worse part in beta for me. I understand skill power/damage will be changed because now my warrior skills are mostly aoe with 100% weapon damage + fire/poison/magic addons. Which is too good and i one shoot everything everywhere. Also the descriptions of skills/passives are confusing and i had to guess a lot of stuff before choosing. Most of warrior skills are based on what weapon you using, some are for axes, some for maces, ect.. And some are for might weapons, which i figured is "Class" weapons. See pictures below for shockwave and orb of veangeance. "mace atack" is the only hint that you will need a mace type of weapon to use it. Now when you play it from 0 and not sure if there is class type maces or 2 hand mauls count for maces it leaves space for guessing. So deciding build is hard with this limited info.

Some pictures:
► Show Spoiler
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies

► Show Spoiler
Rediska
Cow Ninja
1254 | 19
Common Posting Badge
skills simply OP,mana is not spent kind of weird.
suchbalance
Team Member
1757 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
@Rediska: You spend mana on every skill but you get back 1(i think) per kill. So if you have slow attack speed you won't spend much mana. On my huntress atm with 75% attack speed I went out of mana hard on andariel.

Anyway so I just finished act 1 and I was writing down random thoughts as they came across my head. Think of it as feedback if you will:

feedb
- size of life & mana orbs too small compared to screen res. increase size to enable easier tracking with peripheral vision.
- stance icon: top right corner crossed swords obscures hot key.
- write down somewhere how many points in mastery are necessary to get +1 max slvl.
- monster charms & relics: the piece by piece system does not work. In titan quest it was fine because you had an auto sort inventory function that combined them for you. Here having parts just adds cube busy work and more pointless inventory tetris. I would prefer it if moster charm drop rates is reduced to 1/5 of what it is now and they drop completed charm. Same for relics - 1/3 drop rate and you get a full relic.
- monsters from challenge shrines drop too much junk loot and clutter the screen so its impossible to pick up the good stuff
- english translation is wonky, but I assume you know this already
- would be nice to have some item in which to collect crafting materials like demon essences & fiery brimstone

bugs?
- vizjun/ureh npcs keep having quest exclamation mark over their head even though you talked to them already.
- keys dont show stack size
- unhandled violation (no error code) after talking to warriv in ureh
- cursed chest rewards don't scale with area level. Cursed chest from nymyr summit gave me a really low ilvl quiver (upgrade of conqueror added 3str, 2might even tho req lvl of item is 29)

huntress
- the range at which you can fire off an observation of prey is really small. You have to be in melee to get this off on a pack. I understand if it is this way for balance(it's the best skill on the tree)/limitation reasons but as it is it doesn't thematically fit the bow tree at all.

other
- maps interesting, varied and detailed good prop usage
- performance is good: win 8.1, glide and stable framerate with sound on
- I missed quest 5 in act 1, not sure what it is exactly I should be looking for. It would be nice if quests 4 and 5 are signposted better (the book that gives you info on 4 is also easy to miss).

---
Some screenshots:
► Show Spoiler

Overall I like the mod so far, I came in with pretty low expectations so props to you Xaphan for developing a nice game.
Xaphan
Invader
8 | 6
Thanks for your feedback !

I will see how I can make things better and take note of your suggestions :)
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1443 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Im just at low lvl, but lightning surge pretty much outshines the other 2 lightning skills. It totally annihilates everything in its path, because it does its dmg multiple times to a single target, moves far, and it also stuns. Meanwhile, i need to cast multiple shocks and deadly flashes to kill things. I doubt that will change with higher lvl.

Also, having lots of cast speed at higher lvl might be a bad thing with the current mana system. You cast your spells so fast that you run out of mana and you have to wait lots of time for your mana to regen. What I'd suggest is that you make 2 types of spells, just like in Diablo III wizard. Mana generators, and mana spenders. In this case, you could make shock and deadly flash free spells that restore mana with each hit and do low dmg, and make lightning surge a mana spender, a powerful spell, just like it is now. That way there will be no downtime where you just run around waiting for your mana to regen.

Of course, im just low lvl, i had no way to experience this, but i see this as a (BIG) potential problem.

I'll play the mod at the weekend, when i'm done with my exams.

Cheers :)