[LRdO] Le Royaume des Ombres

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Hello,
i remembered this mod from previous forum and at some point in progress it was unplayable for windows xp. But a year passed: winter changed into spring, spring changed into summer, summer changed back into winter, and winter gave spring and summer a miss and went straight on into autumn... until one day...

I found this : http://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=61161

I have recently downloaded this version and a fix to make it 5.03 and so far it works !
Edited by Metalistas 7 years.
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
You should be a weatherman.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
► Show Spoiler
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Last time (and it was my first) I played this mod was a snorefest. If you are used to high densities and rapid gameplay, this mod will disappoint you. Overall it didn't catch my attention. Although credits to Xaphan (?) who made this mod (and is still in progression) for taking the time to make something out of... well, nothing, since cLoD is very,very,very boring and didn't develop over the years.
Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Wut ? Maybe you played it very early, but since 3 acts were available the areas of this mod is swarmed with monsters. Gameplay speed depends on your gameplay, so far i am rushing through on p8 and it's a blast ! Difficulty increased, no more OP leaching, runewords, sockets, sets ... It might be easier in terms of skill vs Median but miles aways from anilla. Since it's sp - you can play at work too :twisted:
Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Almost done with act 3, small rewiev/feedback incoming. Purple barb, anus items - good old memories :mrgreen:
► Show Spoiler
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Cookie for you.

Aynway, it seems that Xaphan is "back."

After a longer time, more than month, even more I think, he updated his "What's coming next ?" topic on phrozen keep.

I'm waiting for version 6 because:

Important : Characters created on any older versions will NOT be compatible !
Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Ok, so small review as promised.

It's not a secret that this mod was around for some time and is still probably in some development stage. But for now we have access to all 5 acts of the game. As in terms of simple description to Diablo 2 players and/or Median players - it is a full hack and slash spirited game mod. Areas are wider, monsters are plenty, grab you axe, sword, wand (no actually don't grab that) and move out to knock some heads off.
Already experienced with Median i found a rather noticible decrease in difficulty at least in first few acts. After you get you first good aoe skill, type /players 8 and enjoy the rain of drops. Act 3 and beyond introduce more monsters with some on strike/death properties and just a simple gear check is not enough. Kiting is the best option so far. Act 5 increases difficulty even more, you start looking at merc with those puppy eyes, but he just laughts. Sometimes it's wise to go back a bit and refarm some items with needed properties.
Characters - 7 ones as usual, max lvl 75. Each char has two masteries which offer a bunch of active, passive skills, buffs, summons, ect. And passive tree which is closely depending on number monsters you slain. More = better, since you gain fame for that and level up passives such as regens, spell powers, ect. While looking and reading skills descriptions it's rather easy to determine to what they do. Even if you manage to screw it up, npc sells restat scrolls.
Hp, mp leaching is gone and there is now hp/mp on hit. You can get away with pots but later it becomes a problem and will require thinking to make things work again. Options are plenty - socket materials, set bonuses, artifacts, ect.
Items - lots of options here. Rares, sets, uniques, runewords. Game offers ability to craft needed set parts while using other set parts as materials. Also lots of options upgrading, socketing, rerolling, enchancing your items. Even better, since last time - unique weapons are drops now too !
Artifacts - nice feature related to Titan Quest here. Monsters drop charm parts which can be cubed into full charms, which can be made into artifacts or can be socketed into gears.
Game comes with Plugy which is a pure joy for a collector like me.

Despite all the good stuff mentioned above there are still some issues regarding mob behaviour during wide resolution, some monsters AI is not the brightest and can easily be fooled into favourable situation, some skills are still better than other.

Pictures:
► Show Spoiler
Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Update on Act 5. It is a complete different area of difficulty. Each area is started by entering teleport and each time you are debuff by different stuff like -resists, -speed, -regen. Quest maps are also changed, ancients is a fun smaller area than original. To reach Baal you need to go through 4 teleports and defeat 4 copies of act bosses with unique abilites to collect 4 mats. The challenge is - each area has single reduction of one resistance and area is filled with mobs/boss who does that type of damage.
► Show Spoiler
Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Game finished :)
► Show Spoiler