Back to forgotten mods

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Finishing Nezeramontias mod atm:
1) Finally defeated Hell Satan in Kagero uber - he is immune to everything but Lightning and Poison and he never drops physical and fire resists (my two main sources of damage :-x ) so I had to take an alternative way to defeat him:

- Did 50+ Hell Izual runs to get 6x souls (sadly, you can't duplicate them with Magic Mirror) and crafted a weapon with 6 sockets to get lvl60 Conviction Aura in order to lower Satan's resists
► Show Spoiler

- Crafted unique staff to get Lower Resists curse charges (Conviction Aura is not enough because he always spawn with Magic Resistant modifier)
► Show Spoiler

- Did 50+ Hell Gauntlet runs for 1) +9 skills Book of Learning and duplicated it with Magic Mirrors in order to get crapton of spare skill point and 2) Talisman of Skills which allow you to get +1 to All Skills after cubing it with class-specific item (max 31; also Hell Gauntlet drops like 0,5-1 per each run) + 3x perfect Rainbow Stones with +5 to All Skills each (yes, OP, but extremly tedious to get because flawed one costs around 4,000,000 each and it took zillion of gold to get a Perfect one (after that you can duplicate it with Magic Mirror; also monsters can't drop them).
► Show Spoiler

- After that I got another source of damage (cold) - each hard point required 7-11 skill points invested (chose Hurricane because Satan drains your mana in a matter of seconds so only passive elemental damage could help unless you stack lots of infinite mana potions:
► Show Spoiler

-Moment of glory :D
► Show Spoiler

2) After completing Hell Kagero uber, farmed it again to get Lucifer and Satan souls (low chance to drop; got Belial and Leviathan (Gauntlet bosses) souls earlier) in order to make an ultimate charm :)
► Show Spoiler

3) bonus - endgame hp (~1100% max life from sMaxed Lycanthropy and Battle Orders oskill yet you can still lose this amount of hp in 1 Hell Gauntelt run even with Demogorgon Shield on (45 'when standing still' avoid and 30 'when moving' avoid), 100% DR and crapton of flat DR and flat magic DR, so don't think you're in godmode (1 full Rejuvenation potion is needed for this kind of hp to survive in Gauntlet, I started farming it when I only had 12k hp in wolf form)
► Show Spoiler

4) The only thing what's left in this mod is a recipe to summon a secret Allmighty boss. He requires several ingredients to obtain so you can make an item to summon him. Sadly 2 of these ingridients (iirc, at least one for sure) are only obtainable through Mystery Chests from Gheed so you have to pray to RNG otherwise you will never found them :(

Dedicated to Pinball, Metalistas (anonymous:) and other Nez players who want to try or already playing this mod. Yes, the start is rough untwinked but endgame there are SO MANY different crafting ingredients and fancy items so you'll hardly find all of them (I still lack the most powerful endgame runes for the Ultimate runewords). Also, there are LOTS of different souls to obtain from monsters (consider it like EVERY monster in the mod drops a trophy like in Median) so you can morph into a Sand Maggot, pig, fallen one, Iron Golem, Hell Bovine etc etc.)
Edited by Stealthmaster 7 years.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
cant believe you waste your time on shit like this...
60 lv conv, 47 skill helm
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Mahitovec, pls nipizdi :)

Stealth, nice stuff.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
mahitovec wrote:cant believe you waste your time on shit like this...

if you mean SP that worth nothing, well, strangely it was very exciting to do so as for the 2nd D2 mod I completed, especially after 2x MXL ladders when you farm Dunc and Fauzt 90% of time. I'm not planning to make a 2nd char because of Shared Stash that kills all joy and you already know all secrets of Nez mod. Finally, it's like IRL - you learn smth for all your life, same here - there's no limit for a char (max lvl limit is 750 tho) if you have spare gold and time to farm souls (total amount of oskills to test is very big) so you can upgrade it perpetually.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
nah its not about sp. its just weird to see items with such values :D
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
You are right, the mod is broken. It's already broken when you can buy skills/stats/resists/runes with gold. This mod is challenge only in begining when you are poor. When you start farming gold - gg.

Btw Stealth, carefull with cubing souls/ingredients to that start charm. I read some players get errors when too much stats. I already had few errors on my barb. Had to make new char, start game with it, save and exit, reload barb after that just to break the error curse.
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Enter the Crypt, open any door, 1 or two, or in my initial case when I opened the VERY FIRST DOOR, four boss packs right off the bat. Managed to get to the point to where I was forced to kill two packs because of how clumped they were, this was about an hour of trying to aggro one boss pack at a time.

The difficulty spike is legendary.

Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Get fucked! Didn't finish Andarial because those Corrupt Paladins are stupidly tanky, even with golem >.>

Now for Purgatory Difficulty. First random boss immediately 2 shots me if I let him hit me .-.

And oh my FUCKING god this music right now. new music comes along when you get into the higher difficulties. Some of the music intergrated is custom made, some from other games (Doom metal music for the Izual quest, wut). The custom made music is fantastic.

Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Nice one, seg, but how can you play with such dark gamma? :) Or is it only on screenshots?
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Stealthmaster wrote:Nice one, seg, but how can you play with such dark gamma? :) Or is it only on screenshots?

It's always this dark and bleak in D1, especially with this mod and it's tweaks to color pallets in levels.