What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Prime_Evil
Neon Fiend
2075 | 200
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Overwatch binge soon because event. Soon as in 20-24h soon.
iwansquall
Void Archon
870 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Planned to write this review after finishing the DLC, but i just couldnt and I think i should share it earlier.
I just finished the single player for Borderlands : The pre-sequel.

Main focus is probably the backstory of Handsome Jack on how he became the villain for BL2. The story are told by outer protagonist who captured by BL1 vault hunter & the gang. So instead of playing on the land of Pandora, we are playing on the moon (cant believe i forgot the name) and the Hyperion Satellite itself which have capability to fire a huge laser on any surface (moon and pandora). Think like death star from star wars.

Basically the hyperion was under attack from group of mercenaries (soldier?) that wanted to take control of the hyperion satellite. Losing all hope, we (protagonist) are sent back to the moon and trying to regroup to take back satellite. So you pretty much start the whole journey walking around, meeting new npc, beating some boss etc etc.

But the question is, how good it is? Since it is used BL2, it tread the same repetitive looter shooter gameplay of BL2, but minus all the fun and quirky NPC that we get from BL1 and BL2. This time I play as Jack's Doppelganger which is the DLC character that kinda tell a bit more backstory and different interaction with Handsome Jack. However, there arent much memorable boss fight (aside from last boss) and cutscene. Even there are missing a lot of narrative element that occupying your ear while you playing around.

If you ask me, BL TPS is best to be played first before BL2 IMO, although it teased a pretty big world at the end of it. Because it came after BL2, it felt unnecessary and way too safe. I like the new mechanic of ground slam and oxygen / vacuum, but it isnt enough.

As for alternative games : I will suggest something that isnt main stream, starting with Hard Reset which have arcade FPS with weapon customization. Tower of Guns also feel pretty similar especially the feel of low gravity and jumping. I believe Shadow Warrior 2 also should be similar, but i havent play it yet.

*I was told that BL TPS Claptrap's DLC is one of the best, so maybe it could redeem itself later.
Prime_Evil
Neon Fiend
2075 | 200
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
welp, overwatch event this year was disappointing. nice intro and outro though.
Prime_Evil
Neon Fiend
2075 | 200
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
♂ This ♂ Took ♂ Forever ♂ To ♂ Grind ♂

https://streamable.com/xcgi8