What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
iwansquall
Mahasattva
909 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Finished watching Space Dandy

As usual, i started by searching for specific which is SPACE. I kinda known that this series would be a ridiculous story about bounty hunter in space. As the main part of it is in comedy, it will be the main part i will solely judging my enjoyment out of it. If i want to put Space Dandy in specific bucket, I would put it under weird / wacky / absurd comedy, thus this is not for me (i prefer cute random slapstick comedy).

The premise is very simple, our MC is just bounty hunter who want to find new alien and register them to get some money. I think a proper tag for this series probably a series of mis-adventure as well, as our MC is being thrown around with series of unfortunate event. There isnt much plot to say about this series, one of the reason why i kinda dislike it a bit.

If you like this kind of comedy, you will enjoy. The series have awesome smooth animation (sakuga moment) but I just dont care pretty much about the story of this series at all. I rather watch a series with proper plot, but with minor comedy.

Alternative : This remind me much of Cowboy Bebop and TTGL although not exactly close. Alternative probably the Redline movie (awesome one) and Nichijou (which absurd comedy, but i like that style more)
Jaedong
Edyrem
806 | 54
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Finished beelzebub
60 episodes, of which about 20 are straight garbage especially 45-57
For the rest i have to say i had quiet alot fun, cringe love stories, dumb fight characters
If you skip throughout all the garbage its something u can have fun with
Jaedong
Edyrem
806 | 54
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Big Order TV
Interesting Concept of people fighting in post apocalyptical World where people have special powers they gained from having one wish
terrible and cringe execution
Prime_Evil
Rakkis Guardsman
2108 | 201
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
watching Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO. based of a VN from 1996 which is one of my favorite VNs of all time. i cant believe they greenlit the anime in 2019. what a time to be alive.
iwansquall
Mahasattva
909 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Finished High Score Girl

Are you grow in 90s playing video games and going to game arcade? If yes then this is anime for you. This anime is pretty nostalgia trip with various of video games from 80s and 90s shown in every episode. Main premise basically there is a weird girl who pretty good at games, thus all the over the top and comedy happening through out the series. The tag of this romcom, which is romance comedy, so if u dislike this type of anime, you better stay away from it. Another part that could be negative in my eyes is the usage of full 3D CGI for the whole series despite it doesnt need it at all since there are no complex action battle scene and most of the scenes can be done simply with hand drawn.

I admit i had some trouble to finish, mainly because i feel bored on both gaming and watching anime side, so this anime took me weeks to finish. I dont think im considering this romcom my type since i generally hate absurd gag and violent comedy. Bonus side, apparently the main girl never talk throughout whole season, thus heavily rely on physical force or other people give narration.

Alternative : Chuunibyou probably more cute and comedy that i liked more, this anime also remind me of Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san which i just finished recently.
Prime_Evil
Rakkis Guardsman
2108 | 201
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
waiting week after week for the next YU-NO ep to air..........................................
Jaedong
Edyrem
806 | 54
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
new season be like: