What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
How to get more girls without effort.

One of the guilty pleasure anime that I enjoy. While the first season was average by score, I enjoy it so much since it was finally some entertaining harem, combined with popular isekai & OP characters. Not to mention, the story is progressing well throughout the season.

So no doubt, I was happy when I saw this anime in spring line up for 2021. I watch this anime partially couple of month ago, but I just somehow forgot to finish watching it. The series start with a head priestess girl who pray for help from god. Our protagonist somehow landing on her and help her to beat the evil assassin that trying to take her life. From there onward, they go for journey together meeting couple of new girls as well as beating any trouble that cause problems to them.

Lets just say the anime was a disappointing to me. Not just the story / season have been short (10 episode for 1 season), the story progression also mean focus on more hostile situation. There are no more story focused on existing characters and even new characters barely get any focus. The spell effect or battle animation is also a downgrade greatly, at least it became much smaller than 1st season. As for lewd stuff, I do feel like 1st season is more personal while S2 only have some small fan service.

Even as fan of S1, this is average by standard. I cant imagine anyone who not fan of S1 to watch this season. The evil scheme also feel weaker than the plot twist from S1. Feel like everything is a step back.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Punch & Kicking, in high budget fluid animation.

Im on purpose try to find decent anime, this is well know one of the best anime for 2020. As usual, I know the usual trope of shounen although not all will be still interesting to me, especially as i grew older.

However, this is definitely a must watch. The anime ramped up the stake very quickly with our protagonist kinda met the final boss the moment he was forced to devour cursed object. Living with a devil inside him, he proceed forward to join the exorcist group to get rid cursed object & beings from the world. He was mentored by one of the powerful exorcist, he learnt how master the power that manifested inside him. Strength of the anime is definitely the animation quality. The character in both villain & good side also pretty interesting.

There isnt much bad thing to say about the series since I enjoyed it from beginning to end. The only issue was the one the main plots and subplots that kinda run in parallel, so its kinda abrupt interrupt when the story focus on main plot. As serious the story can get with characters, like the people who accidentally involved with cursed object, there are several goofy characters that i feel doesnt fit with the story. Overall, the whole story other than villain scheming around, the story is still feel small scaled.

I highly recommend to watch this, despite it is shounen tag, this one is easily one of the beautiful and nicely animated battle scenes. The story, background music & characters will hooked you start to end.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Witness the brutal of harsh winter, animals & people killing each other.

I heard this series for a while, as I still waiting for another week for summer anime to end. I guess it is not bad to watch good old series eh. Even 2018 anime is considered old & outdated at this point?

The series is what I considered as serious anime. The aftermath of war in the first episode, the protagonist have a nickname "the invincible" who have survived multiple war front. As his friend was dying, he was requested to find some hidden treasure with a clue tattooed on prisoners body. While he was on his journey, he met a little girl who help him survive in the environment. Being a girl who grew up in wild, she have a lot of tricks thus became a duo with our protagonist. They together went to discover the secret of the treasure.

With old anime, sometimes you have to adjust your expectation. I know it is a good anime but MAL user seem have change their score system throughout the years. As serious the series are, there are many part of the episodes that I considered goofy. While character relationship between protagonist and his partner is interesting combination, most of the support character are feel like surface level only. There are some battle / combat with intense atmosphere but it is considered just basic.

The series is good if you want some serious story. Although mostly are revolved around the premise and plots, the other weaker part are serviceable and doesnt drag every part down. I considered the anime above average. There are 2 other seasons to come.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Do you even lift bro!?

On purpose searching for any anime from past 5 years for good ecchi anime. Seem like either I already watch all of them or most of them are lower score than 7 (average on MAL) until I found this anime.

I heard something bad about the anime. Mostly because there was another infamous short anime about training. Turned out I was wrong. This anime is pretty enjoyable & funny with its quick comedic timing. While at beginning we are follow the main protagonist with her journey to lose some weight, the story then continue to focus on other side character. Most of them are wacky with its own quirk. Once a while, there will be some training video which designed for watcher.

Since this of anime is pretty much typical "moe-ish" anime about training / exercising. It fun & cute and beginning, but the moment you saw the trainer, you might get turned out with ridiculous exaggerated muscles. And there are way too much of them. The plot of protagonist pretty much forgotten afterward since she kept eating alot despite have been warned by her friends. Too bad the anime doesnt cover full scope of exercising aside from just basic one, lack nutrition tips or maintaining calorie intake is a miss to me.

Fun anime no doubt, but because of the issues I mentioned maybe it is not for everyone. To me it is just slightly above average, it was fun although it didnt hook me much. Watch it, maybe it will fire you up to start exercising or something.

As a bonus, I give you a screenshot. Although I will warning that you will see more of this in the anime.
► Show Spoiler
kortt
Core Lord
390 | 9
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions

Sorry, this is a popular video, but I really like it.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
All according to Keikaku. (Translator's note : Keikaku means plan)

This is one of the summer anime that just ended couple of days ago. I just binged final couple of episode so that I can move immediately to another anime. I didnt research much about this anime, solely stumbled on streaming website.

The simplest explanation I can give you is this anime combine the basic premise of survival games and superpower ability. The intriguing part of the anime are definitely the battles, which usually revolved around each contestant trying to figure out what is their opponent ability. The whole premise is kinda whack though, since it pretty much brought everyone into this games without knowing why (didnt explain in this 12 episodes either). Our protagonist power is super unique, that required to play alot of mindgames to fully utilized.

As for bad parts, this anime is generic as heck. Despite you have intriguing part of each combat round, few cares given about character development. You wont learnt much about characters aside from couple of flashbacks. The characters powers are interesting, but too many battles just ended in single 1 transition, making it just look cool on surface level. The biggest annoying part for me is definitely the game host, which typically menacing in many others anime, but predictably super annoying in this anime.

Score wise, I feel like this anime just slightly above average. Mostly because I was looking survival game genre for a while and this solved the itch for abit. But the quality of anime is abit on average side, so maybe give 1st episode a try to see if it intrigued you.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
What you looking at punk?! I will punch your pretty face.

Another series that I accidentally watched since spring of 2021, I didnt realized it was 2 cours that have 24 episodes. Now all of those anime are finally reach the final episode that I binged last couple of episodes.

I have to spoilt the anime abit for you to get started with basic premise of this anime. Our protagonist kinda regret with his earlier life. Feel like a loser, he saw an opportunity when he got time travelled to his younger self. He wanted to change his life, as well as trying to save his girlfriend. He know that that will be a huge task since the gang wars involved one of toughest gangs in tokyo. So the story began with several stories intertwined with revenge plots that lead several. Our protagonist learnt that journey to change the future arent as easy as he think.

Not much to say about bad things in this anime. First couple of episodes feel slow as our protagonist is just super weak and merely a cog in huge machine. He was brought around, just moving along the flow. On technical side, I personally dislike that there arent much proper technical explanation about time leap aside from our protagonist able to move from future to past, back to future to see the result. That said, there are many important story are told in flashback, pretty much an easy way to explain certain character motivation.

This anime is pretty good. Despite there arent much accurate portrayal of time travel, the whole plots & characters alone is pretty awesome. The anime is definitely not wrapped up in 24 episodes, pretty much like long running shounen.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Would you like to load earlier save file?

Im sucker for time travel, especially anything about redeem yourself. You know that real life is suck, and there always been a dream to wish what if you made several different decision if you go back in time.

The story beginning is pretty much standard "time-travel" story where our protagonist just seeing his life are torn apart. The studio that made a game that he anticipated, was from art school and was around his age. So after he got back to 10 years ago, he made a decision to art school and change the future. The story are pretty a story about high school life, living with other students & trying to solve their problems. With his knowledge as someone was 10 years older, he managed to change people around living his school life. Little he realize, the repercussion of his decisions. (telling here will be spoiling)

The story shift from one story (or to be specific problem of 1 character) to another characters. At beginning it was protagonist helping with the problem, and afterward it changed the others's personality & their relationship. So the protagonist feel like to be a perfect person who can solved all problems despite multiple setback. Just take note there are part in 1st season why our protagonist are shown
► Show Spoiler
This shift the story drastically, to a point it felt weird.

Definitely great anime to watch. I wouldnt put it as high asmany other tearjerker or anime that lift up your motivation that i have watched, but decent enough that I will anticipated the 2nd season to see the story continuation.
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
Just wanna leave this one here :cry:
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Remake our life.

It was ok. Don't expect the usual fantasy style of time travelling tropes in this anime, as the only fantasy is the time travelling itself.

It's a nice introspection on the eroge industry in Japan detailing the struggles everyday employee might go through to get one of those eroges out for you pervs. And has drama which is refreshing. The thing i can take away from this anime is that the main character is there just to be a main character, while any or most of the Platinum Generation characters could be it.

Overall, pretty decent if youre into slow burners, albeit with abrupt pacing issues now and again.