What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
iwansquall
Cow Ninja
1269 | 54
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Adventure of weirdos & terrible people.

I watch this before earlier, but get bored and watch other anime. It took time for me to get used to the anime since the anime first impression is pretty bad for me. Regardless, there is some reason why that the case.

Anime started very fast with story straight to action without establish our characters first. One thing for sure, he was sent by his organization to scout & annihilate any potential threat. Together with trustful android, they met the humankind in the planet they are landed, which apparently involved in wars with other races. He then joined by several other girls, each from specific races and together they went for adventure to discover more info about the planet. Despite being weird, somehow they managed to stay together as a team.

One thing you need to know is that this anime was based from writer who wrote KonoSuba, which an anime I dont enjoy mostly the style of the comedy. It is usually obnoxious & loud, but my problem is comedic timing. Thus the comedy in this anime is pretty much miss for me, as I dont even grin or laugh when watching this. My biggest problem is probably the quality of the anime production, this felt like barebone average from artstyle, animation, soundtrack, voice acting etc.

If you like konosuba, probably you like this. For me, it is just average anime with no merit. Combined with freaking annoying characters in the anime, it just huge turned off for me. Give couple of episodes a go, and see if you can enjoy the comedy or not.
iwansquall
Cow Ninja
1269 | 54
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
How to get more girls without effort.

One of the guilty pleasure anime that I enjoy. While the first season was average by score, I enjoy it so much since it was finally some entertaining harem, combined with popular isekai & OP characters. Not to mention, the story is progressing well throughout the season.

So no doubt, I was happy when I saw this anime in spring line up for 2021. I watch this anime partially couple of month ago, but I just somehow forgot to finish watching it. The series start with a head priestess girl who pray for help from god. Our protagonist somehow landing on her and help her to beat the evil assassin that trying to take her life. From there onward, they go for journey together meeting couple of new girls as well as beating any trouble that cause problems to them.

Lets just say the anime was a disappointing to me. Not just the story / season have been short (10 episode for 1 season), the story progression also mean focus on more hostile situation. There are no more story focused on existing characters and even new characters barely get any focus. The spell effect or battle animation is also a downgrade greatly, at least it became much smaller than 1st season. As for lewd stuff, I do feel like 1st season is more personal while S2 only have some small fan service.

Even as fan of S1, this is average by standard. I cant imagine anyone who not fan of S1 to watch this season. The evil scheme also feel weaker than the plot twist from S1. Feel like everything is a step back.
iwansquall
Cow Ninja
1269 | 54
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Punch & Kicking, in high budget fluid animation.

Im on purpose try to find decent anime, this is well know one of the best anime for 2020. As usual, I know the usual trope of shounen although not all will be still interesting to me, especially as i grew older.

However, this is definitely a must watch. The anime ramped up the stake very quickly with our protagonist kinda met the final boss the moment he was forced to devour cursed object. Living with a devil inside him, he proceed forward to join the exorcist group to get rid cursed object & beings from the world. He was mentored by one of the powerful exorcist, he learnt how master the power that manifested inside him. Strength of the anime is definitely the animation quality. The character in both villain & good side also pretty interesting.

There isnt much bad thing to say about the series since I enjoyed it from beginning to end. The only issue was the one the main plots and subplots that kinda run in parallel, so its kinda abrupt interrupt when the story focus on main plot. As serious the story can get with characters, like the people who accidentally involved with cursed object, there are several goofy characters that i feel doesnt fit with the story. Overall, the whole story other than villain scheming around, the story is still feel small scaled.

I highly recommend to watch this, despite it is shounen tag, this one is easily one of the beautiful and nicely animated battle scenes. The story, background music & characters will hooked you start to end.
iwansquall
Cow Ninja
1269 | 54
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Witness the brutal of harsh winter, animals & people killing each other.

I heard this series for a while, as I still waiting for another week for summer anime to end. I guess it is not bad to watch good old series eh. Even 2018 anime is considered old & outdated at this point?

The series is what I considered as serious anime. The aftermath of war in the first episode, the protagonist have a nickname "the invincible" who have survived multiple war front. As his friend was dying, he was requested to find some hidden treasure with a clue tattooed on prisoners body. While he was on his journey, he met a little girl who help him survive in the environment. Being a girl who grew up in wild, she have a lot of tricks thus became a duo with our protagonist. They together went to discover the secret of the treasure.

With old anime, sometimes you have to adjust your expectation. I know it is a good anime but MAL user seem have change their score system throughout the years. As serious the series are, there are many part of the episodes that I considered goofy. While character relationship between protagonist and his partner is interesting combination, most of the support character are feel like surface level only. There are some battle / combat with intense atmosphere but it is considered just basic.

The series is good if you want some serious story. Although mostly are revolved around the premise and plots, the other weaker part are serviceable and doesnt drag every part down. I considered the anime above average. There are 2 other seasons to come.
iwansquall
Cow Ninja
1269 | 54
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Do you even lift bro!?

On purpose searching for any anime from past 5 years for good ecchi anime. Seem like either I already watch all of them or most of them are lower score than 7 (average on MAL) until I found this anime.

I heard something bad about the anime. Mostly because there was another infamous short anime about training. Turned out I was wrong. This anime is pretty enjoyable & funny with its quick comedic timing. While at beginning we are follow the main protagonist with her journey to lose some weight, the story then continue to focus on other side character. Most of them are wacky with its own quirk. Once a while, there will be some training video which designed for watcher.

Since this of anime is pretty much typical "moe-ish" anime about training / exercising. It fun & cute and beginning, but the moment you saw the trainer, you might get turned out with ridiculous exaggerated muscles. And there are way too much of them. The plot of protagonist pretty much forgotten afterward since she kept eating alot despite have been warned by her friends. Too bad the anime doesnt cover full scope of exercising aside from just basic one, lack nutrition tips or maintaining calorie intake is a miss to me.

Fun anime no doubt, but because of the issues I mentioned maybe it is not for everyone. To me it is just slightly above average, it was fun although it didnt hook me much. Watch it, maybe it will fire you up to start exercising or something.

As a bonus, I give you a screenshot. Although I will warning that you will see more of this in the anime.
► Show Spoiler
kortt
Cog
236 | 3
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions

Sorry, this is a popular video, but I really like it.