What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Dreamhunter wrote:I've started watching Fairy Tail, only few episodes so far but it seems like a great anime.

No. It's shounen thrash that tries hard to be emotionally manipulative and only makes you cringe doing so. Lucy is the only halfway decent MC but doesn't progress anywhere.

The main plot just repeats itself in every arc and the villains are overconfident braggy retards that go out of their way to explain their powers and plans etc.. it's a shit kiddy show and you're bound to drop it after wasting your time.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Dreamhunter wrote:I've started watching Fairy Tail, only few episodes so far but it seems like a great anime. Finished Tokyo Ghoul re:, new Berserk, Gate and Castlevania all are great and lookin' forward for new seasons (: And Overlord, interesting one

Overlord is one of my most anticipated mangas atm. The first half is awesome. But sadly the manga is now stuck on focusing on the Butler for months (1 chapter every month) and this is something I really don‘t like to see. Of course new characters are introduced, but after an epic fight of the MC, he is‘t shown for several chapters which is quite lame. Luckily that mini arc seems to end soon (the next 6 months lol)
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Fairy Tail has the same issue the most shounen have these days:
- too much sex sells
- too much dogshit that should be left out, just that theres quiet alot compared to the usual suspects

I usually keep all the shows for sunday, but most seasons have ended. All i have that is left is one piece. A 20 min episodes of which 15 gets skipped.
Boku no hero ..
shokugeki..

I've been watch overlord season 1, it was quiet fun. But i stopped watch half way through season too because it became one of the most boring pieces of shit ive seen. I'm gonna give season 3 a new try. Is the manga any different, because the way HechtHeftig describes it, it sounds the same.
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
fk my life, bakemonogatari:
-terrible
-cringe
-boring
-slow

probably worst disappointment compared to online reviews ever
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
i guess you couldnt handle anime that heavy on dialogue.
bakemonogatari is not a straightforward series tbh

their whole series focused around the japanese ghost folklore (bake - ghost; monogatari - stories)
except they cute-tify every characters but turn the series to darker once required.

reason i think i like them was:
1. variety of characters
2. deep lore
3. shaft production (tile neck angle ftw)
4. MC go wack on other character

my recommendation :
try other shaft series (sayounara zetsubou sensei, ... other series is kinda too far away to be recommended)
or japanese folklore stuff (mushishi, Natsume Yuujinchou... i havent watch this one tbh)

2nd season of monogatari is pretty strong, but it is recommended to watch the whole series in their airing order
First Season
Bakemonogatari (2009)
Nisemonogatari (2012)
Nekomonogatari Black (2012)

Second Season
Monogatari Series Second Season (2013)
Hanamonogatari (2014)

Final Season
Tsukimonogatari (2014)
Owarimonogatari (2015)
Koyomimonogatari (2016)
Kizumonogatari Part 1: Tekketsu (2016)
Kizumonogatari Part 2: Nekketsu (2016)
Kizumonogatari Part 3: Reiketsu (2017)
Owarimonogatari (Part 2) (2017)
Zoku Owarimonogatari (2018)
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
It seems like Goblin Slayer will be a blast. Has anyone read manga?
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
watching Ookami to Koushinryou:
its fantasy and romance for once

story is not too impressive, but the interaction between the two main characters is quiet fun
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Jaedong wrote:
I've been watch overlord season 1, it was quiet fun. But i stopped watch half way through season too because it became one of the most boring pieces of shit ive seen. I'm gonna give season 3 a new try. Is the manga any different, because the way HechtHeftig describes it, it sounds the same.

Well I don‘t know how far the anime got. The adventurer arc wasn’t that great tbh (the first thing he does) but it was good to establish the MC. the lizard arc was great. The way those lizards were drawn, with such a human emotion... it simply shows how even lizards are more human than humans. The same goes for the vampire arc or at least that battle at the end. It was rather a small arc and imo good as well. After that comes the world-building arc that focuses around the butler and a criminal human organization. And this is the last one and imo the worst, since there is just too much talking. And the MC isn‘t shown anywhere. I want to see the MC in action, and not wait for months for something to happen (which is so obvious and bound to happen anyway).
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
Overlord III just started, first episode is not so good but at the end something interesting happened (: Little less conversation and little more action please (:
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Black Lagoon
Old-school Hollywood action movie in anime form, but never takes itself too seriously. Revy got a little annoying sometimes, and S1 had some strange parallels with Hellsing Ultimate (goofy Nazis, "vampires," Integra Balalaika, everything about Roberta). S2 changed things up, which was fun. Ending felt a little unsatisfying, but I have no regrets.

Non Non Biyori
Typical cute girls doing cute things shtick. Was mostly interested in this b/c of the setting. Nothing really special about it, except Renge. Nyanpasgofuckyourself for being so adorable.

Planetes
Basically, garbage collectors in space. It's just as interesting as it sounds. Not terrible, but it has serious flaws (annoying MCs, oversimplified socio-economic concepts, way too many convenient resolutions). Fee's never-ending quest to have a cigarette was the best sub-plot of the entire series.

Claymore
I put off watching this for a long time b/c I'm not a fan of European-style fantasy wrapped in Asian aesthetics (just as I'm not a fan of Western animation studios trying to mimic the anime style). But this show mixed the two fairly well. I also appreciated all the curve balls the show threw to subvert my expectations. That said, it did still have quite a few tired old anime tropes. I mean seriously, how many different ways can an awkward male character in an anime fall on top of a female and accidentally grab her tits? Why was that even in this show? All in all though, I still enjoyed it. As a side note, idk how Claymore's battle at Pieta corresponds with when Attack on Titan was first published, but one obviously borrowed heavily from the other.