What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Dragoness
Jungle Hunter
25 | 8
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Prime_Evil wrote:Finished watching last Minami-Ke season and OVA. Its ok for a comedy anime. Yea. Not mindblowingly great tho.

Now i need some darker stuff.

I recommend trying Psycho-Pass then! :mrgreen:

Or maybe Elfen Lied...
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Watched psycho pass and elfen lied is meh to be honest. I'll just rewatch Violence Jack or Genocyber again i suppose.
rawr123
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Keijo!!!!!!!! :-]
Icegod101
Djinn
534 | 17
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Kaiji a few months ago, just read Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji, onto the 4th and 5th series
also isn't elfin lied that really edgy anime the teenagers claim to be mature after seeing?
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Icegod101 wrote:isn't elfin lied that really edgy anime the teenagers claim to be mature after seeing?

Yep, you pretty much said it. Teens watch elfen lied and automatically think its deep and the most ultra gory anime of all time.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Prime_Evil wrote:
Icegod101 wrote:isn't elfin lied that really edgy anime the teenagers claim to be mature after seeing?

Yep, you pretty much said it. Teens watch elfen lied and automatically think its deep and the most ultra gory anime of all time.

Well, I read the Manga, and I must say, the true ending is really really sad... much better than the "ending" of the anime.
Elfen Lied is not deep, it was never meant to be. It's a romance/drama... with a bit gore. And that's what fascinates teens so much about the anime. These 2 different aspects: bloody massacres and a simple love story that connect more and more the further the story goes on.

If you want something deep and gory, watch Higurashi no Naku koro ni and Higurashi ..... kai :lol:
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
HechtHeftig wrote:
Prime_Evil wrote:

Well, I read the Manga, and I must say, the true ending is really really sad... much better than the "ending" of the anime.
Elfen Lied is not deep, it was never meant to be. It's a romance/drama... with a bit gore. And that's what fascinates teens so much about the anime. These 2 different aspects: bloody massacres and a simple love story that connect more and more the further the story goes on.

If you want something deep and gory, watch Higurashi no Naku koro ni and Higurashi ..... kai :lol:

Yea. Elfen Lied is really not my cup of tea, i think that if youre going to add gore to an anime it better have either a real good mythos around it or story that just doesnt have a definite beginning, middle and end (like Genocyber) .

I've played Higurashi VN , Ryuukishi07 is a fucking genius. The anime tries its best to encompass the VNs plot, it fails but its understandable, its too much information to condense in 12 or 13 eps of a single season. Its not terrible tho, like i said , it tries to feed you the plot points , but yea obviously the VN is where you go for the whole thing.
Icegod101
Djinn
534 | 17
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I wouldn't really consider elfin lied a good story considering how 'dark' it tries to be.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Icegod101 wrote:I wouldn't really consider elfin lied a good story considering how 'dark' it tries to be.

hmm... I didn't say so, did I? :-] Just saying that the ending of the manga is much better than the ending of the anime.

I never played a VN. Is it that much better than the anime to give it a try? I mean I already liked the anime of higurashi a lot. I consider it as one of my favourites on the same level as Steins;Gate
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
HechtHeftig wrote:I never played a VN. Is it that much better than the anime to give it a try? I mean I already liked the anime of higurashi a lot. I consider it as one of my favourites on the same level as Steins;Gate

Yes it is , if you are the kind of person that doesnt mind slogging through lines of text on the slower parts of VNs such as myself. In Higurashi in particular the VN fleshes out a lot more than the anime gives you (which is normal since the anime is based on the VN, and so is Steins;Gate by the way, one of my favorite VNs of all time), so if you can stomache that for a richer experience , yes. Otherwise not really , the anime does a fair job on its own.