What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
HechtHeftig wrote:The new one piece arc is meh so far.

how's that any different to previous arcs
one piece mastered creating mangas without story

91 Days (Anime)
-- Mafia, Booze, Revenge
Quiet decent and slow paced Anime, see tags above.

7/10
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Jaedong wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:The new one piece arc is meh so far.

how's that any different to previous arcs
one piece mastered creating mangas without story

Are we really talking about the same series? One piece is one of the Mangas that talks about nearly every matter of catastrophic extent, be it a civil war over water (Alabasta), slavery(Dressrosa), racism (Fishman island/Arlong Arc) or rather smaller matters like authorities misusing their power (When Zoro was held captive right at the start) or even smaller things like "Don't judge a book by its cover" (Lysop's hometown).
It varies so greatly, that I often wonder how Oda can throw in so many different stories into one pot to the point that it nearly becomes a masterpiece. The greatest strength of One Piece are the background stories. So saying One Piece is a manga without story is imho a false statement. Just take a look at the background story of Mr. Pink. He's a villain through and through, who easily kills people without hesitation. But for his family, for the love of his life, he easily accepts mockery and ridicule of a part of his life for the simple reason that he wants to the see that one precious smile. If that's not a good background story for a villain, moreover a freaking side character (!) I don't know what is.

As for what's different to previous arcs: The Wano Arc lacks mystery. Remember Punk Hazard, where there was a pair of legs attached to a dragon, shouting random stuff? Or Dressrosa, where there are toys who think they are human? Even Alabasta was kind of mysterious, because of the guy searching for Luffy, who was later revealed to be his brother. These kind of things are what piques the interest of the reader and brings in tension. But this completely lacks in the current Wano Kuni Arc.

Plus, I'd much rather know more about the Reverie. Like for example: Is Dragon there and is he finally starting that war against the WG? Why the heck is Jewellery bonny there? Will Kuma magically become conscious again? Will the 7 Warlords be abolished? (Most likely yes, because despite the fact that Fujitora wants to promote that idea, he isn't even attending the Reverie! Most likely because his speech at the end of Dressrosa arc and him bowing to the common people was enough to force the WG to act). There are so many mysteries concerning the Reverie, but in Wano there is none. We know it's an industrial country that gives a shit about their people. And that already sums up the whole arc so far. But there's no mystery, nothing the reader (I) really wants to know, that keeps him (me) going. That's why it's meh so far.

Also, the headliner was pretty easily destroyed with 1 shot. Time for Jack to get beaten up next.
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Master of background stories maybe, but the progression of the main story line is lacking alot, if at all
917 chapters and theres barely anything known about:
Gol D. Roger
Will/Name of the D.
Lost Century
Revolutionary Army (Dragon,...)
World Government (Celestial Dragons,...)
Ancient Weapons

Only these annoying oneshot teasers or even worse last 1-2 pages on the manga or last 10-20 secs on the anime.
What i am afraid of is that these topics will (if one piece ever ends) be rushed in their conclusion or not talked about at all.

I wonder about the future progression speed. Beating 2/3 of strongest members of big moms crew in this succession phew.
Well i guess beating cracker wasnt that suprising looking at his strength compared to mingos. But beating katakurri seems like quiet a big jump.
Though debating about strength of fictional characters is not really a topic which makes sense to talk too much about.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Only anime I've been watching recently is Steins;Gate 0. It's not bad, but it's not drawing me in like the original series did. I mean, it's interesting to see how the beta timeline plays out, but so far, it hasn't done anything new. It's basically just Steins;Gate: New Game Plus.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Kou 1 Desu ka Isekai de joushu hajimemashita:

What a stupid manga.
- the city lord agrees with everything the Mc says. Discussing or thinking about important decision? Lol no of course not
-Mc defeats a vampire by groping her breasts (wtf)
-after defeating the vampire, Mc is thrown into prison for shock value. After that the city lord dies and guess who‘s the new city lord! The Mc! who would‘ve thought that! Straight to the city lord Position from the prison.

There‘s a red line full of convenience for the MC to the point that it looks silly. I lasted until chapter 5. some soldier gave me the rest with the comment: „you‘re a great city lord“. Why?! The Mc didn‘t even do anything! In chapter 4 he was just appointed and mc didn’t have any decision since then! What is wrong with you?! How can you praise someone for doing nothing and having exactly 0 achievements?!

Dropped it. I‘m starting to feel my pulse becoming slower again. Good writing is definitely different.

-2/10

Also started „Made in abyss“. Looks decent so far and the characters are described well. But those occasional cp flashes are crazy. Those children are basically abused on a daily basis and still they are happy af. But well, I don‘t expect it to get anywhere close to Boku no piko.
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
HechtHeftig wrote:
Plus, I'd much rather know more about the Reverie. Like for example: Is Dragon there and is he finally starting that war against the WG? Why the heck is Jewellery bonny there? Will Kuma magically become conscious again? Will the 7 Warlords be abolished? (Most likely yes, because despite the fact that Fujitora wants to promote that idea, he isn't even attending the Reverie! Most likely because his speech at the end of Dressrosa arc and him bowing to the common people was enough to force the WG to act). There are so many mysteries concerning the Reverie, but in Wano there is none. We know it's an industrial country that gives a shit about their people. And that already sums up the whole arc so far. But there's no mystery, nothing the reader (I) really wants to know, that keeps him (me) going. That's why it's meh so far.

Also, the headliner was pretty easily destroyed with 1 shot. Time for Jack to get beaten up next.

chapter 919, its getting worse
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Yeah I read it today at work. I‘m really disappointed if oda really adds
► Show Spoiler
to the story. It simply wouldn‘t fit. I hope there‘s another explanation for that and that oda just teases us in the wrong way. I mean... it wouldn’t be the first time. Just think of chapter 900 where the SHC was supposedly wiped out.
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
watching Oh! My Goddess

so far its a feelgood anime, some fun and relaxing storytelling
guy calls goddes helpline, gets one wished granted, says for fun that he wants her to stay with him forever
a story which is used alot these days, the difference is the personality of the goddes, shes not the usual arrogant and annoyed character
shes happy staying with him, the one uncomfortable is the guy who got his wish granted
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Fate Stay Night

Not worth watching. The story is just horrible with cringy writing and all good scenes (whatever few there are) are all harem related (plus Rin's sexy thaumaturgy invocations), so it's no good as a serious anime it tries to be but doesn't have enough fun harem to wade through the garbage plot with yet another unbearable MC. Opening of the 2nd OP is good and that's about it.
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
Goblin Slayer :flip: