What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Finally, after several weeks I just completed updated all scores on my list.
It wasnt perfect (the curve abit weird) but the idea is that generally short special / ova arent worth your time.
The graph for time vs rating look pretty ok though.

My updated anime list

To celebrate this occasion, i will share some random OP / ED from some top anime
(Probably old non mainstream one)

► Show Spoiler
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Prime_Evil wrote:Kentaro Miura , the creator of the Berserk manga, died today. Fuck. Now we'll never ever gonna get more Berserk unless it's watered down.

Watching Berserk Golden Age arc now.

Fuck. One of the few series that kept me reading Manga gone...

R.I.P.

PS: Looks like he already died 2 weeks ago.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2327 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
ParticuLarry wrote:
Prime_Evil wrote:Kentaro Miura , the creator of the Berserk manga, died today. Fuck. Now we'll never ever gonna get more Berserk unless it's watered down.

R.I.P.

Yes you're right. Yesterday was the announcement of his death. I guess i misread it.

Keep on struggling, Struggler.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Live is short, grab the opportunity!

I have decided that I want to go through winter 2021 list by watching from highest score to lowest now. This is one of the highly anticipated anime that people said it is a good romance anime.

Anime start with just unexpected encounter between our main character where both able to see their real awkward side. Mostly because they tried to act different while in the school, this lead to several funny encounter where they want to hide their relationship in the beginning. This anime have shoujo style throughout the series with characters acting bashful to each other. The extra side character also have their own goals in search relationship where everyone is want to love who loving someone else.

I will be hones to say that I was sold with the story in the beginning. I mean, it was just about relationship between a couple. But during the middle part where they started to introduced more characters, then it became harder for me to like. Not to mention, I personally dislike the shoujo storytelling until it went full comedy or full drama. This series felt more like shallow take on romance with some story focus "friends in the circle". The last episode seem like to put deep monologue about their relationship journey, but at the end, i just dont care.

I dunno if I can recommend this. On anime production side, it quite good. But as a romance or a comedy? It is neither here or there. Granted it is more straightforward than many cliffhanger shoujo romance, but just not my cup of tea.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Prime_Evil wrote:
ParticuLarry wrote:

R.I.P.

Yes you're right. Yesterday was the announcement of his death. I guess i misread it.

Keep on struggling, Struggler.

This is pretty sad tbh. Now I know how it must've felt like when Kurt Cobain died and people realized that they'll never hear a new song from him.

Well, life goes on. Let's hope at least Oda doesn't die before he finishes One Piece.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
The origin of truck-kun.

Another high profile anime, this one was told to be origin of all of the isekai light novel that have been flooding the market. Does it any good? I would say that it is highly depend on your personal life.

The title explain 1 thing, our protagonist is among category called NEET (not in education, employment or training), aka jobless. He have been loser for throughout his life, which finally ended when he decided to save 3 kids from being hit by a truck. Reincarnated to another world, he thought he wanted to change himself, thus the journey in this series. As typical isekai, he was gifted with ability to learn & cast powerful spell (as well as reading, math, languages etc). One thing for sure the animation production of this anime is superb.

There isnt much to say bad things about this anime aside from seeing a 30 old man in body of a child. He abused it a point doing lewd stuff & get away with it (turning point for some people would be around middle of the season). As for side characters, he got a teacher and a childhood friend that pretty much only lasted for short while until he started a journey away from home. As for the final arc, it was such a great departure from his usual small scale problems which usually revolved around person he know. Although it kinda concluded nicely in the end.

I highly recommend this series, but just be aware that ecchi is there. The moment you realized what adult grown man hiding in body of a child can do, this can turn you off. Nevertheless, I enjoyed whole series and finished it in 1 sitting (this was made 4 hours since last post).
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
MENTAL HEALTH ISSUE IS NOT A JOKE!

Continuing my marathon to watch good series from winter 2021, this time around Im watching an anime original (meaning no source material) by studio cloverworks that animate THREE anime from this season alone (other being horimiya & the promised neverland 2).

It is pretty hard to explain general ideas about this series. Best way for to say is that this series have similar concept of magical girls of saving other people with dark concept of psychology, suicide, and trauma. The girls are given with powerful ability in an alternative dimension where they are tasked with heavy burden to fight other girls from contemplating suicide. Each of the girl that need to be saved have some sort of trauma that came in front of unique monster of the week, generally have its own theme depending on what the trauma type (harassed, build, rape, obsession etc).

Now for the problematic part. This series is very hard to digest. It take me around recap episodes (episode 9 iirc) to finally grasp most of the concept since the series start to juggle with 3 other fighter girls in the series. While each of the girls do have their own reason to fight & background story but the final 2 episodes is really undermine the whole anime concept. As for the symbolism, aside from manifesting the trauma in "physical form" it felt like the series doesnt push it much compare to another anime. And it ended in cliffhanger...

This type of anime is one that I think everyone should experience, but if you have problem digesting the whole concept then probably it is better to read some synopsis or series interpretation. That should allow you to understand whole concept more.

*Apparently, because of their anime production issue (hence the recap episode, which usually done if the studio cant keep up with the schedule), there will be 1 more final episode in june that hopefully will tied in all of whole story concept properly. Perhaps maybe you delay your watching until that one aired out first.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
This anime drive me nuts!

I went off abit to this series was an anime from 2020. I dunno much about the series aside from knowing that it have very neon like cyberpunk aesthetic. So Im pretty much blind when I start this anime without any research.

Anime started strong with its visual and over the top direction. The visual, which usually reserved in video games or western movie finally can be seen full details in this modernize Japan. From its neon sign light, modern floating shinkansen, a bike that ride over a wall, everything look modern, especially when you add some fight choreograph in early part of the series. The wacky casts also have variety from our naive caught in middle protagonist, a serial killer, a hacker & several other. One things for sure, this is awesome popcorn series.

While everything look great on the surface, there series changed their trajectory middle of the season. It went from heist + wacky team up series to a part of story where there is problem with society & political system. The beginning was started BOOM BOOM BANG BANG, it fizzled out in middle with super slow pacing & exposition dump near the end. Sure the characters are interesting since they have different personality, but when you see how each character progress near the end (cant tell, its a spoiler), you will be disappointed.

I would recommend you to watch if you dont mind some mindless fun at the beginning. Its just the quality drop is noticeable in middle and became abit boring toward the end. Despite I love the artstyle and action scenes in the beginning, it just turned bland at the end.

*Hmm, 4 short anime (13 episodes) in over 3 days, Im tired and I think I need a rest for abit. It was helpful that I have some game to play while watching all the anime, but my current real life situation is just too depressing that I just want to sleep more than 8 hours.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2327 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi - Redo of Healer.

Hmn. This is a VERY polarizing anime. There's quite a lot of reasons for it too. This isn't your normal "fantasy main character who is looked down by his peers but becomes stronger and OP by mid and end" harem ecchi anime; there's that but but it's got an a lot darker story. I don't want to spoil anything big but if that one word that rhymes with "gRAPE" puts you off then you're better off avoiding this one, and at some points it gets pretty graphic without crossing the hentai line, just barely.

As for me, i enjoyed it for what it is. Pretty creepy story, and i don't think i'll be able to play a healer in MMOs anymore without spamming "HEAL!" in chat from now on.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Please take care of your freaking body!

This is a much darker spin off for cells at work series which is about ... how cells works in your body. The original is tend to be cheerful and more informative, so this is more about story in unhealthy body.

And I love it much more! This is story what I can considered as "Disaster anime" where everything is grim and you able to see the struggle of each characters in body of despair. Additionally, it also can feel like military movie where they are trying to strategize a move against unstoppable & dying body. You able to learn more about side effect like smoking, alcohol, STD, gout, your artery getting blocked and several other more dangerous disease. I think the character growth of our protagonist is enormous, seeing how he managed to survive and struggled through out the season.

As for the negative part of this spin off, seriously there isnt much aside from that darker tones also mean there will less option for the usual educational & comedy. While main story focus on multiple characters, this one seem focus more on protagonist alone, although i would say that his interaction with other characters is more interesting. As for last part, yes the body of this series is extremely unhealthy to a point I cant imagine someone to be this unlucky / unhealthy since it is not all 100% lifestyle disease.

I highly recommend this one. The depressing & more mature story take of this concept made it is more enjoyable to watch than original one IMO. It really will made you want to start taking care of your body more.