What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
finished all 3 seasons of hajime no ippo
kinda sad its over, the story and the characters were fun and entertaining, the sports and fighting part was typically anime over top i guess a boxer would facepalm constantly but the point of the anime is to entertain not to teach you boxing, i might continue reading the manga, guess theres alot to do with 1000+ chapters
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Aldnoah Zero

Also known as code geass lite. Maybe watch if you liked code geass and don't hate mecha. Just don't expect this to be as good as code geass.

Beginning is completely trope with stupid arrogant villains and a ridiculous prodigy MC, but I liked how he doesn't really feel like the MC since his character is so underdeveloped. The show gets better around ep 8-12 (which is the best part of the show), beginning portion of season 2 has a few decent scenes but it's all downhill from there and the ending is just awful. Overall I'd recommend watching only up to ep. 12 if you do, and quit. It even works as an ending of sorts.

Overall very mediocre.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Finished Sora Yori Mou Tooi Basho (A place further than the universe)

I was searching about adventure then i recall about the hype with this story. Basic premise of this anime series is basically bunch of school girls are going to Antarctica. Rather than comedy and adventure, i believe slice of life and heart warming / good feeling is the best description of this series. Just take note that majority of the series are not on Antarctica itself, but rather the journey on how the girls planned to go there.

If i want to put main theme of this series, probably friendship and dream. Since it is not a simple task for a normal school girls to go for a distant trip, meeting new person, becoming friends as well as hardship throughout the journey. A lot of feelings throughout this series from happiness from having close friends, sadness of person unfortunate circumstances and heart warming feeling for looking forward to the journey and the future. However dont expect too much technical stuff that will informed you will knowledge to go Antarctica.

Just take note that this is CGDCT (cute girl doing cute thing), so if you dislike fluffy stuff you might not liking this series. However, I personally think that this series come in complete package that suitable for everyone. Although sometimes it do feel a bit overdramatic and made you cry alot.

Alternative : This story remind of K-On specifically the movie where they went to oversea (i forgot was it europe or US), another story that is journey related is Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou. But if want more relaxing girls story in nice environment, i guess Aria series should fit well.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
High Score Girl.

As someone who is really into fighting games, an anime about the 90s arcade stick fighting game scene is right up my alley.
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Started beelzebub

Its ok-good but kinda repetetive especially in the first 6 episodes
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Probably might be short review as im writing from my phone.
I just finished watching Hisone to Masotan

As usual i search anime to watch by searching specific tag, this one i choose Military. One of the thing that made me curious to pick this is the artstyle on the poster and the title "Dragon Pilot". Just take note that this anime have unconventional animation that might turn off some people. But judging from light hearted feeling of whole series, i think it quite fit nicely.

As for story, this is mainly about a girl relationship with pet dragon which can transform into fighter jet. It started with a simple gag and the series ended with quite heavy tones. As usual, something about pilot and dragon coexist together to save the world plot. New characters are being introduced in every episodes and they felt quite charming with each personality. There are new dragons too. Btw the tag Military here is because the dragon is under Japanese Airforce care.

Again, if u cant handle light hearted comedy, u might dislike this. I think overall package is nice although some might question the writing issues, mainly plot of last several episodes. Im quite glad to watch this as this is kinda hidden gems in anime community.

As for alternative, probably Eureka Seven. As for light heart part, this remind me alot of Kobayashiki Dragon Maid.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Finished watching Space Dandy

As usual, i started by searching for specific which is SPACE. I kinda known that this series would be a ridiculous story about bounty hunter in space. As the main part of it is in comedy, it will be the main part i will solely judging my enjoyment out of it. If i want to put Space Dandy in specific bucket, I would put it under weird / wacky / absurd comedy, thus this is not for me (i prefer cute random slapstick comedy).

The premise is very simple, our MC is just bounty hunter who want to find new alien and register them to get some money. I think a proper tag for this series probably a series of mis-adventure as well, as our MC is being thrown around with series of unfortunate event. There isnt much plot to say about this series, one of the reason why i kinda dislike it a bit.

If you like this kind of comedy, you will enjoy. The series have awesome smooth animation (sakuga moment) but I just dont care pretty much about the story of this series at all. I rather watch a series with proper plot, but with minor comedy.

Alternative : This remind me much of Cowboy Bebop and TTGL although not exactly close. Alternative probably the Redline movie (awesome one) and Nichijou (which absurd comedy, but i like that style more)
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Finished beelzebub
60 episodes, of which about 20 are straight garbage especially 45-57
For the rest i have to say i had quiet alot fun, cringe love stories, dumb fight characters
If you skip throughout all the garbage its something u can have fun with
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Big Order TV
Interesting Concept of people fighting in post apocalyptical World where people have special powers they gained from having one wish
terrible and cringe execution