What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
RIP & TEAR

This anime adaptation is one of the hyped from recent time, most probably because of how good manga is. I wasnt original manga reader, so i will judge this solely as anime watcher.

This anime what i considered as excellent with anime production, especially with its beautiful background & animation quality even in quiet moment. While gorgeous action scenes is kinda expected, the anime kinda push forward with its many of unique camera angles. The characters wise, it have a lot of unique personality that you would love to learn more about their background. The plot also quite interesting, make me wanted to continue watching back to back within 1 day.

This anime is not shounen IMO, more toward dark theme seinen. The story have various of different of "creatures" in the anime, but there arent much explaination aside from several main characters which deal a contract with devil for some power. While there slowburn moment is good to build moment, i think it meant you wont have much plot for this first 12 episodes. Lastly, i think there are several weird thing that i dont think can be explained without spoiling the story, let just say "it doesnt make sense yet".

Excellent anime, something that you just want watch back to back if you have time. Personally i feel like maybe should wait until 2nd season since the first season end with a something build up for bigger arc in the future.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
When a boy become a man.

Another anime that I only watched because I heard good thing about this season. Considered i already watch first 2 seasons, no reason to miss this awesome conclusion of great anime.

The series started straight from what incident happened in season 2, which was clash of espers user. This time it cause one big brocolli to spawn at center of the city. It started to cause some issues which our protagonist need take action to solve it. As usual, we kinda expected this crazy animation specifically for this anime series, so there are couple of pretty nice battle animation when clash between good & bad person happened. We also get to several of nice conclusion story to couple of side characters as well.

There arent much bad things to say about this season aside from maybe the series no longer have those crazy / wacky experimental animation like it did in first season (season 2 also lack of this). While usually the story expand with more characters, this time around it revolved around facing inner demons and thus many inner struggle (as well couple of characters from previous season cameo). Oh, aside from the main arc, all the mini filler arc are filled with typical weird comedy arc.

Definitely a must watch, especially if you can watch whole 3 season. We see whole character grow from first episode until this grand finale, especially protagonist relationship with everyone around him.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Oh crap, seem like i have big boner issue.

Actually I already watch this anime partially in the beginning, and I forgot about it for a while. So i just stream the series while i doing something else just to get back the memories watching this anime.

Powertrip in anime is nothing new, especially the abundant of overpowered MC / protagonist once they reborn into a new world (isekai). By merit itself, our protagonist is kinda like a kind gentleman who want to help any woman in problem. Then in one of the encounter, he met an elf girl which become 2nd most important character in the series. With a goal to save as many enslaved woman, both of them (with a pet) move from city to city trying to find solve the situation for happily ever after.

Oh boy, from beginning I watch this series, i remember that it feel like generic as heck. I mean, we already seen many of them in anime industry. Anime production just barebone and even the OP MC cant carry it. The heavy subject usually involved slavery or rape moment, but at end seem like just a plot device. The series contradicting in many aspect either want to be serious or goofy, want to be action or slice of life anime. At the end, mediocre aside from maybe anime having a gentleman.

Just ignore this. You have more option to watch. I dont care which era of source material this was from but in 2022 it feel like just an average anime. And I already put my expectation super low.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Mayoiga (Lost village)

How to describe this anime in one word : Paranoia. It's got that theme of paranoia very reminiscent of John Carpenter's The Thing, where everyone gets hella suspicious of each other. This is a slow burn anime, but i ended up liking it a lot, i usually like the "everything seems wholesome and all until things start to get weird and creepy" anime, and this one is no exception. Pretty decent if youre into that sort of thing. Only complaint is that there's a lot of characters that are there just as filler and the anime focuses instead on just 3 maybe 4 of them rather than the 15 or so there.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Ai wa kaze no gotoku (Hermes : Winds of Love, even though a more accurate translation would be something like "As though it were winds of love" but thats just a nitpick of mine)

This movie along with a few others is very infamous, not by how its crappy or by how it tries to take itself too serious on having the viewer have a skewed notion of greek mythology, but because it was actually one of the anime movies commissioned by a real life japanese cult called Koufuku-no-kagaku (The science of happiness) or by their most known name "Happy Science". The cult leader is a goddamn whackjob as you would expect, with a god complex, and you can see that he made sure the studio that made this movie (and all the others comissioned, including the very first KyoAni animation they ever did) self-inserts him as the savior of mankind. Seriously, this guy holds "sceances" in cult meetings where he claims to have channeled the spirits of the dead like Margaret Thatcher, Freddy Mercury, Barack Obama, Justin Trudeau and Donald Trump. Spot what's wrong with this sentence. I wont spoil it for you.

Ok so about this movie, as i stated, its very subpar, plot is all over the place (this is ACTUAL LORE of the cult by the way) , and everything seems rushed, especially the fight scenes. There's also very cringe moments of Hermes doing musical pieces here and there that break the whole pacing (whatever is left of it), its just jarring.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
The best time is always the time you spent with friends

Another popular anime that I know for its weird animation style. Trying to find something cute, so i decided to watch this today and seem i cant stop and finish binging in one day.

The story began with our protagonist girl who someone timid / introvert trying to make friend. Misunderstood what she saw in TV, she went to practice playing guitar for several years without making new friends. One day, somehow the situation bring her to met with whole band members thus beginning of whole beginning journey to become popular. The series used alot of nice animation, switching from normal & funny as well as weird style. Story wise, it just interesting way to tell CGDCT (cute girls doing cute things)

As someone with social anxiety, obviously the series resonate well with me but i can imagine several negative part of it for other normal person watching this.Thus you will hear alot of monologue as well as self-loathing from beginning to end. Aside from several nice feeling watching they performing live, there arent much what considered as "music practice" nor anime being educational. As for plot convenient, kinda expected i guess or this story would be even more depressing.

Probably one of the best recent CGDCT that doing alot experiment style. If you werent fan of CGDCT in general, then it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to give this anime a try. A lot of interesting stuff that make it entertaining to watch from start to end.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I bet that nobody really read all these reviews.

Press random button on the streaming sites, and it land at this series. Im aware about it, since i already watch similar series from the same mangaka called Akagi. This supposed to be more modern / newer series.

As usual, the debt always main plot for this kind of series. Protagonist first required to play game where he either forced to do hard labor for rest of his life being in more debt or win big turn his life around. The series involved multiple games through 26 episodes where every moment can feel very intense with player trying to mindgames their opponent. The sound design is just superb bringing out the unsettling atmosphere, especially hearing each individual emotional / thoughts.

If survival game already format arent clear to you, you probably know that protagonist will always win. Hence the focus are mostly on build up & result, which sometimes can feel draggy. High usage of narrator doesnt help either, especially when it used to describe stuff that already shown on the screen. The dark artstyle fit the theme, but it can be turned off even that anime year standard. Personally, i feel like the game is basic as in it is not a logical thinking game, mostly down to luck or preseverance.

If you can handle this high intense anime, feel free to watch it. I dont think any modern survival game managed to get close to intense moment maybe aside from usual murderer & detective genre.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Please let me bully you, senpai~~

Another anime that i randomly pick to mix up the variety of what i watch. Teasing in romcom is nothing new, so I was curious what kind of this anime it would be, so i can compare with what i watched before.

The series start with our protagonist boy getting in library which then he met with group of girls that seem like bully / teasing other. One particular girl seem interested with our protagonist since he is showing awkward feeling especially when interacting with opposite sex. As they teasing each other in every episode, both of them growth toward what is called weird affection. Like the girl suddenly become much more protective to prevent her friend from bullying him.

To be honest, the series feel like getting repetitive after episode. What i meant is that aside from character growth, i dont feel like it was super fun to go through all those clingy / cringe moment. The animation production i wouldnt considered good either, since i dont feel all the emotion the series planned to give to viewer doesnt reach me. I wasnt have fun with teasing / bullying moment, i was invested in their relationship nor i was laugh at any of their funny moment.

Scoring wise, this is slightly above average anime. It wasnt enjoyable for me, at least it is not boring per say. It just doesnt have anything better than other similar teasing anime.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Spy x Family.

This one was very hit or miss for me. I enjoyed the action scenes quite a lot and the comedy isnt slapstick which is something i very much appreciate, but when it drags on with both the MC and the "wife" internal monologue coupled with the girl mind reading them every single ep, it gets a bit tiresome. One or twice or thrice was fine, there's no need to force the gag through the whole anime. Most character main traits get dragged on and on and on and on and on. There's hardly any focus on the most actiony serious parts, most of the times it cuts to random comic relief of some sort, and i didnt really like that You can also definitely see where cutting the anime in half because of covid affected its quality. The second half of the anime especially by the end eps is covered in filler, feels rather rushed out. Big shame.

Overall i'd say its a good anime though, with some very jarring flaws. Doesn't blow my mind but its k.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Would you betray your friends' trust for huge sum of money?

I ask for any recent survival game, but turned out majority of them either below average or doesnt have survival element to it. So i have been searching for some sort phychological mind game instead, and i saw this anime is recent & have good score.

The series setup very quickly in the beginning so we will able to see the game immediately. From the game progress itself, we learn more about background of each characters, to point it have been a weapon to eachother trust. As expected betrayal happen and we will soon learnt that the battle of mindgame between 2 genius. The story also told in very thrilling manner with cliffhanger at the end, making you always want to watch it back to back from start to the end.

Hard to say what bad about this anime aside from maybe the plot convenient lined up way too nicely for our MC. He kinda shown that kinda one reckless genius who played around with other people trust. At first I feel like this setup is kinda weird because the story immediately bring 5 different people all with its unique back characters, but thankfully the story changed dramatically half way point. Overall it feel like pacing of the series very off especially how fast it start and last episode is just feel rushed

If you hungry for any mind game, then it is highly recommend. Also, the series ended with super cliffhanger maybe you would need to wait until season 2 to air before watching it maybe.