What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Once you are at the top, the only direction you can go is down.

Nothing much to say about this series. If you love it, you will continue watching it, but if you hate, you probably already stopped earlier. For this review, i will assume you already watched previous 4 seasons. And this will be first time this anime produced during pandemic.

The plot is straightforward & repetition of previous season. First the interclass training, where you will learn more about class B. This basically add 20 casts / powers that you have to watch for. Mostly are forgetable or are not developed enough, we are able to see a lot of interesting & dynamic fights. 2nd story is internship, where the main characters learnt on how to control their powers. We also learnt some background story of one of the strongest hero, what he trying to do to get back to his family.

My biggest issue with this season is that the final half of the series is boring. There was some build up about grand scheme by the enemy to gather 100k followers to start a revolution. Somehow these lead a fight between a group of revolution people and a small group of villain. Not bad per say, but it feel like it doesnt go anywhere, and only small reward stuff we able to see is the main villain backstory as well as some of their powers explained in details. Regardless, the animation quality drop are noticeably in this arc.

Im not sure if i can give recommendation for this season. First arc are pretty interesting and then the quality went downhill after 2nd half. I was eagerly want to watch episode after episodes only to felt meh near the ened.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Two sides of same promising coin, but worth nothing.

I watched this for a while, and paused somewhere in the middle. I totally forgot about the series. It is well known "genre breaker" with a spider as main protagonist, but turned out it was only half truth.

In order to explain how the story goes, I really have to spoil some basic fundamental or you wont understand my issues with it. The story told in concurrently focusing 2 main protagonist. On the spider side, it is about harsh life being a low level spider, trying to survive by beating other even more stronger enemy. On the human side, we have typical isekai story where bunch of friends trying to regroup and find all others classmates who got reincarnated. Thus begin the story of them trying to adapt & reflect on their 2nd lives.

The problem parts about this anime are plenty. On the human side, the story are generic & boring. It can be intriguing since it the only part that want to search the reason for their reincarnations, and as usual you will get the usual "same teammates, but have conflict between each others". On the spider side, the combat was interesting at beginning but the pattern began to emerge with her survived thanks to plot armor, get stronger, then fight even stronger enemy. If you dislike a story about someone narrating their situation, have fun listening to this little spiders talking nonstop.

I was expecting something fresh or new, turnout it only fun for maybe first 6 episodes. The mystery who reincarnate them plot arent answered much (i assume for later season) and story pretty much turned to usual big war in the end.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Mahou Shoujo Site.

Very polarizing anime. People will either call it edgy and hate it or they will call it campy and find it enjoyable. I personally liked it for what it tries to be. It's not Madoka levels of animes trying to break the magical girl sparkly-and-cutesy trope stereotype (i'd know if there's any Gen Urobutcher Urobutchi mindfuckery in this) but its a nice refreshing one, for me at least.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
tl;dr I got Isekai-ed and now Im their OP-leader?

I stumbled this anime accidentally while on youtube, someone brave enough to upload whole season and it stay without taken down. 4 hours later, I straight binged from start to finish.

Before I begin, one think you need to be aware. Isekai trope have been done to death and there isnt much parody that tickled my funny bone. Yet this anime managed to be hella-one fun comedy that tickle my funny bone and still managed to be interesting in plot progression wise. As usual, this anime have its protagonist to be one of the most absurd level, which somehow managed to make people follow him around. They even built their own nation while participating in generic stuff like adventure guild, merchant trading and beating monsters.

There isnt much bad things to say about the anime. As I mentioned before that comedy is subjective. It took many me many anime to finally something that I can enjoy with. The anime isnt 100% parody comedy though, there are many interesting stuffs although the pacing can be very fast. Despite the OP throwing powerful spell here and there, I wouldnt considered anime as battle anime. Most of the time are spent with normal fantasy story. Thankfully all characters are pretty interesting despite generic story.

If you sick of generic isekai, I suggest you this anime a try. It is super interesting although it wont tackle the main plot anything soon. Best part is that the S2 already announce.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
By power of slimes.. TRANSFO... ops wrong anime.

Nothing much to say about this anime except I just randomly pulled to watch average anime once a while. I watch this one long time ago, but I struggled & forgot about it for a while.

Yet another isekai, but it rarely focused much on the concept. Our protagonist suddenly died while in sleep, so he was given a chance gods to live as a boy in another fantasy world. He basically have all previous life experience, but he was given power of slime breeding & some basic magic. He have been living alone in the jungle for years until one day suddenly he stumbled upon injured man and help nursing him to recover fully. Thanking for the help, he was brought into the city and finally start to live in civilization.

There are many bad things to say about this anime. First is, despite being adult and isekaied to another world, our protagonist felt like fairly basic and didnt use his past experience to full potential. Even with power of slime & magic, it rarely been use and mostly just inventing new stuff that havent been seen by anyone in that world. That said, my issue is probably I get bored watching this. Things & event happened but there isnt anything much to keep me interested aside from maybe his session with the gods.

Too average for my taste. There isnt nothing new much from this anime except for maybe slime breeding + utilize them to do all kind of different work. Not bad per say, but just too many more interesting isekai anime out there.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Tsukimichi - Moonlight fantasy.

Comedy on point, if sometimes overbearing but it got a few laughs out of me. The pacing is all over the place though, and i would like to see some more dark mood scenes like a certain one from the second-to-last ep, but this isnt RE:Zero so thats asking for a lot.

Last ep was a clear bait into a season 2, but imo was just rushed af, this anime suffers a lot from being rushed out the door and overusing the comedy aspect of it quite a lot.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Is this a copy of Fairy Tail in space?
People in my country discord cant stop talking about this anime. Once I know it was from creator of Fairy Tail, I kinda know what to expect from it. However 1 thing change is that instead of ongoing hundred of episodes, this anime decide to adapt 2 cours instead (half year)

Best way to explain this anime is that it is used scifi space adventure which ripe for current era since it have been awhile for me to see anything similar. Combined with wacky characters, wacky story, and wacky planets, you get high overdose absurd anime. Despite it being comedy primary, it still have the typical battle & heartstrung moment like typical shounen. I personally like the concept & resolution for some story, which basically kinda predict "v-tuber" craze (actually more like youtuber)

The negative part of this anime is probably it never take itself seriously. You know the protagonist gonna win in every fight, there isnt much struggle that characters face even vs big bad guy. And many of serious moment just ended with mistiming comedy gag. There are also tones of sexiness that the "AWW~~" moment, albeit randomly. The story about power of friendship also will be repetitive as resolution for several arcs. Despite anime production is kinda ok, i kinda disappointed with its battle that used too much basic animation.

The series is fun no doubt, it is something interesting concept that I havent seen in anime for a while (aside from in 90s child anime that i watch when i was small). It is still a slightly above average that I think waste its potential in anime adaptation.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Why is this world is so freaking cruel?
I didnt research anything when start to watch this series, I only saw that this was an anime 2021 and have pretty high score. After some research, seem like this was from creator of Koe no Katachi (silent voice movie), so expect some drama / tearjerker.

In order for me to explain this anime, I have to explain major concept + plots of the anime or else there will be nothing I can say. The anime started with a mystery figure creating an orb that have grand task in the future. The orb can turned into any form it touch, it became a white snow wolves. Thus the beginning of first arc where it bond with a single person that have been searching for another human. As the person struggled with cold winter & perished, the orb take shape of the person and begin the journey meeting other people.

The series is very niche, to a point I dont think everyone can enjoy the series. Mostly because it was such a slow pace / slow burner that spend long time on every episodes. As I mentioned in the tagline, the world they lived in such a cruel & have unforgiving nature. The protagonist bound to meet several challenge along the way, as well as trying to be a human. In beginning, the journey felt have no goal aside from one companion to another, but despite watching until end of season 1, I still have no idea what is the goal of the story / protagonist.

I enjoyed the series to some point that I can appreciate the quality, but definitely the series isnt for everyone. You can see big gap in scoring on MAL from people listing it as 1 or 2 and 9 or 10 on other spectrum.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies

Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru

or

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat

It sounds like a really generic shitty isekai but it's actually good, definitely one of the better ones. The plot is exactly as it sounds and doesn't take itself too seriously, all the ecchi harem stuff is fun and non-abrasive, for once we have a likeable MC that's not a complete cuck, all the side characters are good etc... it does so many things right it's just fun to watch and you'll end up binging it. Reminds me of Gate or War on Geminar without downsides (well, it does lack a good villain). Worth watching.

edit: ofc it starts going downhill right after
edit2: nvm this recommendation MC's turned into a fucking kirito
Edited by cowking 2 years.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Grancrest Senki (Record of Grancrest War)

War, politics, revenge, some romance as filler. By the same guy that wrote Record of Lodoss War (hence the title i suppose)

It's fine for what it's trying to be, but definitely isn't for anyone who expects more tropey romance bullshit anime.