What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2327 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Darling in the FranXX.

I slept on watching this for too long, and i really liked the anime. Has its problems but overall was pretty good. Also now i get why all the memes around Zero Two, she's one of the best characters in anime these days.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
What is the worst part about isolation cell? No anime to watch

Part 6 of 6th Jojo series, which took drastic direction unlike other parts. Instead of releasing slowly every week, it released one batch at a time. I vaguely remember the first cour, but i know i enjoyed the whole 12 episodes.

This 2nd cour focused more on aftermath after what happened in the 1st cour. After losing disc containing his father memory, our protagonist need to go isolation cell to get more information related to the disc. Problem is, there are even more dangerous inmates with dangerous stand. Majority of this 2nd cour focused on battles, with promising climax toward the end.

I will be honest that I kinda disappointed abit with this series. Many of stand are convoluted & weird, which made it harder to understand the whole battle process. The amount of body horrors, which showing body being disfigured / dismembers are shown alot which kinda made some part just grossed & trauma inducing. I was told that production team for this cour also delegated to less talented team.

At this point, if you a jojo fan, you will already watch all parts by now. My only suggestion is that this whole part can be newbie friendly, but i highly recommend for last batch to come out on december 2022.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Get back into the horny jail! *BONK*

When people see the word harem or ecchi, people would immediately deem the anime as low quality fan service. While they arent wrong, there are many factor to people enjoyment when watching anime.

As usual, I set super low expectation when watching this kind of anime. I would be honest to say I hooked at beginning of the series. While it can be generic, something about the protagonist trying to learn about the world. He took like 3 episodes to finally able to buy him dream slave. In this world, is not even wrong to use the slave for lewd purpose. Story then revolved around both of them trying to go deeper dungeon to earn money, while improving their living condition.

For me, the story dropped in quality in the middle. Since it focused on repetitive dungeon diving, the plot halt to a simple of going dungeon, buying new stuff, sex scenes and repeat for several episodes. Those combat / skill mechanic exploration used at beginning arent being focused much afterward and more toward their romantic interation. But biggest issue for me is despite showing many girls in the poster, the plot moved way too slow and they only added 2nd girl at episode 11.

Uhm, even for harem / ecchi standard i think this is really missed opportunity. It is almost the story can only become better in 2nd season with more girls. I suggest skip this unless you really horny, there are many better fan service anime out there.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2327 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Summertime Rendering.

Man. What an amazing anime. I need new animes in the same psychological thriller vein as this one.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Ah yes, you. You will be perfect as my new tool!

Actually I already forget most of 1st season. Usually I watched some recap, but this time I just straight to the story. I vaguely remember that this anime is about series of classes competing against each other to be best class.

From the get go, story pick up immediately after island adventure which used as finale in 1st season. Going back on large cruise ship, there are now have exam where need to get into a group with other classes for some challenges. Story go as usual, full of hidden betrayal as well as chess moves to outsmart their opponent. The character relationship between students also pretty complex from standard friendship, rivalry as well as grudge holder trying to get other expelled from the school.

Hard to say what is weak this time around. I personally think all the problem solving while seem like calculative from MC part, because the way he behave like silent protagonist made him look like OP character that wont lose. Same goes for story plots, it feel like it just a series of test without a growing of character development aside from couple of last episodes. While it slightly better than 1st season, feel like there series just failed to capitalized any of the part aside from drama.

This is above average story and can only recommend if you binge 1st season to 2nd season back to back. For each of genre, there are much better series out there and Im just finishing this series just for obligation. Also, maybe you can wait for already announced 3rd season as well.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Come join me dancing , night is still young afterall.

I have seen the main girl gif being spamming everywhere in discord server. I also heard that she can be one of the best girl of the year. I wasnt expect much from the story, although i know it is quite high score.

This anime is a bit slow at beginning. With a story of a boy trying to fall in love with a vampire, this became a social awkward as inexperienced with his daily life. He hang out with her even more while learning what is love as well as what is definition of living? As the story move forward, it will introduce even more characters with various background. One of the best part of anime is definitely the OP & ED song as well as jazzy BGM that lift the night & chill mood. This story is akin to a slice of life to be honest.

As interesting the story goes, i think it lose its interesting part as the story goes on. Personally I enjoyed the romantic interaction between 2 main characters. As it become awkward, the story then introduce new character which I feel getting in the way of the story of those 2. There are big story development that recontextualized whole story, but i feel like it making the anime lose its charm. While story remaining consistent about our protagonist motivation, im abit dissapointed.

To enjoy this story, you need to treat it a slice of life / romance anime. It will feel like there are any direction of plot, aside from characters meeting new characters. Interaction & anime production alone sold me on the anime though.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2327 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Talentless Nana

Interesting premise, terrible execution. Though i have to say, the first ep and how it ended almost got me.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2327 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Dorohedoro.

What the hell did i just watch.

Recommend.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Made in Abyss S2

Not outright bad but definitely a disappointment compared to S1. Basically turns the show into a character driven furry relationship drama. This was not the 6th layer that was promised that's for sure, feels a lot more japanese mainstream oriented. Still worth watching, just better reserve expectations accordingly. Made me rewatch season one at least.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2327 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Gungrave.

On a Trigun rewatch i went back to rewatch Gungrave afterwards. What a great series, every character is flawed in a good way and they sound more like human beings with their imperfections. Surpringly i liked the past timeskips before the guy became a zombie with guns more than the actual action on "present day".