What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
not watching anything because 99% of everything this season is wack. might watch older stuff to fill the void eventually.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Finished Alderamin on the Sky

Finally i managed to finish this show that i stumbled randomly. This anime is more like combination of tactician war expert with variety of colourful character and depressing world building. The only issue for me was this anime is too short with only 13 episodes, thus u only have like 1 or 2 gigantic strategic battle while other episodes more toward fleshing out the characters.

This anime is very slow as first half of the series focused more on character building while the gigantic in the end, thus some people might drop thing it is more like a normal action anime than military stuff. I would say that this more grounded and ancient (no tank, mech or super weapon) but there is some fantasy element that I feel like not fully utilized much aside from their 1 purpose.

Give this anime a try if you want more strategic battle anime that is kinda realistic without much super power. The humanity this anime is the strongest point and cliff hanger ending of the season do make me wish that this anime was a bit longer.

Similar anime : Remind me a lot of Valkyrie Chronicles anime. As for strategic battle with more fan service, i really like the Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio series (although it is 3D CGI anime with ship-girl). For last more serious battle, i think Arslan Senki anime fit nicely too.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Finally this weekend I had enough time to finish the light novel to the manga Tensei Shitara Dragon no tamogo datta.

Oh boy is the Story fun. The Mc starts as a dragon egg and everytime he can evolve he‘s forced to evolve into something that he never intended to because He would have to either die or sacrifice someone else if he chose otherwise. There are basically 2 arcs finished in those 222 currently translated chapters and I enjoyed them both.

Would read again.

Part of why I kept reading it is the question: „what‘s his next evolution? Come on show me!“

Also the fighting scenes are quite in-depth
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
NEW BERSERK CHAPTER YAY

as usual they are not actually showing what is intresting
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Seiken Tsuka
Easily top 5 garbage cringe shit of all time
budda
Rust Claw
84 | 2
Anime hm.
Amazing game for practice your reaction and this is anime.)

Touhou FDF II already available for nonsteam link https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wxrG4NB3uQT15ceeVFHbivE11DlYMz7V.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
getting tired of waiting for Tate no Yuusha to end so ill watch it from where i left it a couple of weeks ago. Other than that havent watched anything because nothing good anyway.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Finished Overlord 2

I will be honest and say that I forgot most of Overlord stuff from 1st season aside from discovering the world and the awesome final battle. Thus starting with this, i expecting to get some recap or at least something that build the story properly.

I felt jarring because this season focused so much on side characters that I was wondering if I watching Overlord series or "random side characters" series because we only managed to see MC maybe about 1/3 of whole series. The question i built up do finally resolved at the end of each arc, but it does make me wonder if they shouldve gone straight to important plot that related to main arc.

At the end, i will say Overlord 2 isnt that good compared to 1st season, at least from aspect that you didnt watch it back to back. It made me clueless way too much and only final 3 episode (and that episode resolved the 1st arc) is worthy the overlord title. But at the end, everything when back status quo and it teased next season (which im aware already fully aired)

Another suggestion : For MMORPG-ish trop, log horizon is the best. For fantasy adventure, it remind of Magi series. But if you want a bit lighter part, I guess Konosuba and Danmachi probably.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Finished:

1. Uzamaid
Imagine having a maid that is perverted and want to watch you 24/7, and.... you a small girl. That is the premise of this wacky anime that sound promising at least from the first episode. I admit, I pick this series up solely for artstyle and the premise, so i probably will be a bit biased.

The series was fun for first couple of episodes as the maid is super perverted and absurd at 100%, something like a staple in wacky type comedy anime. Our loli girl is more like a tsundere that didnt like the maid at all. However the joke is kinda repetitive throughout the season, especially that weird violin noise.

I would say I put higher expectation if it have more heart into the series, but it fall flat and repetitive for me to be enjoyable. It is lack of cutesy charm and straight rape-y feeling all series.

Alternative titles : for maid stuff Kamen Maid and Asarotte no Omocha came to my mind. But those abusive relationship, this remind me of Binbougami ga and Gugure Kokkuri-san.

2. Ajin
Opposite of comedy, then I search for more serious / mystery type anime. I know about this anime, and understand the bad part of visual. Ajin isnt something new, I seen way too many similar anime that tackle the serious issue like this.

Ajin started with our MC which suddenly realized that he cant die, which called as Ajin. Then suddenly the whole nation trying to capture him so that it can be experimented on, since this is basically give them unlimited source of lab rats. The story switching focus a lot between characters which made me question.... who is the MC? The villain of this anime so awesome and the 3rd party also quite interesting as well.

Ajin tried to be grande is the whole story plot, but there are issue with pacing and focus of the story (MC friend that so useful in first several episodes? totally ignore afterward). But I was kinda on edge of my seat that I keep going until 2nd season atm.

Alternative : This remind me a lot of Tokyo Ghoul, Kabaneri and Parasyte, but without those "shounen transform moment". But for other loosely society need a reform anime, Inuyashiki and Psycho-Pass roughly similar to this.
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
idk, ive been watching the first few episodes of ajin and it didnt really catch me
maybe i should give it another try at some point