What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2327 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Rick & Morty are as anime as South Park, same as Avatar the Last Airbender or other western shows that emulate the anime look as best as they can to cater to that audience.

Anime = animation made in asia but most predominantly in japan, doesnt matter the style if bug eyed characters or more realistic looking ones. So no, it doesnt qualify as anime.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
World Trigger

...is good. Lots of different strategies are used and shown. It's quite good. Started it a week ago and finished the latest chapter today. Didn't even notice how many chapters I ready already. It's kind of a pity since the story is just about to begin. I guess those who are interested should wait another year before starting reading it.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2327 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Sora yori mo tooi basho.

4 girls. One journey, Antarctica.

Surprisingly good for a slice and life/adventure anime, i usually steer clear from that since theres almost always no good hook to it.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Darker than Black - doesn't live up to it's name. Very similar with Akame ga Kill but without the fun stuff (replaced by stalkery stuff). Very poor ending leaves you disappointed and just like akame, it's just too mediocre to be truly recommended.

From the New World - solid with some good mystery but suffers from boring main characters and wasted potential. Plot starts at episode 4 so you can't drop it before that. At least it's not a shit anime and you'll probably finish if you start watching.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Aho Girl
*Wanted to put picture here but i have no idea how to resize / scale it down*

If you ask me, what is kind of comedy I like, this anime have majority of the funny part that focused on slapstick / misdirection / fast delivery / loud not subtle that doesnt required much brain power to understand it (usually the cultural thingy). However, when you put too much of it in anime that is short and doesnt properly pacing, then you will get blasted by rapid firing comedy machine gun without break in this 12 minute anime. To be frank, I found this anime gif from 9gag for absurd pantie shot and extreme slapstick action from youtube video.

Personally, I liked couple of early episode and the last one, but the one in middle are simply meh, mediocre as it explore various other side characters. The main reason why I liked specific episodes are because the jokes / gag are focused on relationship between main girl and her childhood friend. It is not because of the romance that made it more "good" but rather the interaction between gag maker and straight man (usually japanese use fan to whack the joker). She act stupidly cunning when she was around childhood friend with minor hint of romance / affection.

Problem is, without him around to fix her, she are way too stubborn and obnoxious that remind me of various other comedy that I didnt like much. There are tons of characters, but since there are only 12 episodes and it adapted from 4koma manga style, so it wasnt that deep. Expect a lot of screaming throughout the series with couple of random gags every few seconds.

At the end, I cant recommend this anime but I highly recommend to watch at least the first episode. If you can stand her stupidness, then this anime might be funny enough for you to go through.This anime way too focus on comedy that I feel choked whenever I watch it

Other recommendation:
1. Azumanga Daioh : Old anime that I love so much, overall package is nice with a bit touch of slice of life
2. Nichijou : Same as above, except this one have more wacky character / chapter with bit of overdramatic scene sprinkled in some episodes
3. Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun : Similar shoujo style, except the role is reverse. Rather than stupid, the male counterpart is dense instead.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
This thing called Aggretsuko kept popping up, so I finally gave it a watch. Kinda meh at first, and Flash is the worst thing to happen to animation since the "Saturday Morning Cartoon," but it was so absurd and adorable that by about half-way through, I was kinda hooked. I'm ashamed...

Also just finished Serial Experiments Lain. From what I've read, it's a pretty well-regarded anime. Apparently, if I like Steins;Gate, I'm supposed to like this, too. Well... It wasn't bad, but it's really slow, and it's more focused on aesthetic and atmosphere than the characters (the characters are all pretty boring most of the time). Steins;Gate was great for me because the characters were so full of personality, which made their interactions and relationships with one another so memorable. Plus, I like the incorporation of real-world conspiracy theories. Lain tried to do that with MKUltra, but it seemed more like an afterthought that was implemented only superficially to try and lend the plot some credibility. As far as its characters, I finished Lain last night and I've already forgotten half of its cast. I'm also not a huge fan of existentialism in anime. Some can pull it off, but most of the time, it comes off as more pretentious than deep. Maybe I'm just too old now to care about the "who am I; where do I belong" stuff anymore.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
For Serial Experiment Lain

I think the anime is not for everyone, and i admit i dont think it enough just watching anime alone.
You have to search multiple interpretation about meaning of each episodes (this one of the anime i go research abit, another one was mawarum penguindrum, nausicaa and princess mononoke)
Although I admit sometimes it have slow scene showing area around with atmospheric sound (like recent bladerunner movie)

And lastly, you also have factor in that this anime was aired in 1998, era where internet is bare bone and it is kinda "predicted' how internet become dominant like our current social media.
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Been watching shokugeki no soma

It reminded me of HunterxHunter, a son with a op dad trying to beat him. Just a food/cooking version of it.
24 Episodes was too much though, if the long stretched scenes were removed and less episodes as a trade off happend, id say its a ~9/10.

Guess im gonna keep watching the following seasons with occasional skipping of boring scenes. But i have to be careful, i am now at a state where i skip alot scenes in animes in gerenal (i blame one piece anime). Anyone else having that "problem"?
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2327 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
1 Corinthians 13

The savvy anime enthusiast will probably know what i'm watching based only on that. Either that or google is your friend...
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
1:13 ?
Sounds like San Paolo club is playing with some noob team.

On topic, is Bleach worth watching ? Youtube throws bits of it in suggestions all the time, few sword fights seemed decent.