What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen (Manga)

Oh boy did I have fun reading that manga. In a world where the human population has declined and somehow all kind of animals have become smart, there's this school where all of them are taught at the same time. The teachers are dinosaurs, the MC hates animals and the occasional narrator explains a lot about the different species like the discovery channel. Of course for fan service, the female animals all look human like, whereas the male animals are much closer to actually looking like an animal. For what it is (a school comedy) it's really great. Just watch out for that Koala bear. She's not as innocent as you might think.

8/10

Isekai desu ga Mamono Saibai shiteimasu (Manga)

In short: It started off great, but it quickly turned into horrible shit.
The reason for that is simple. Between the chapters there are huge gaps. For example at the end of chapter 1, MC meets a new character. At the beginning of chapter 2 they are hunting together and so familiar that they know each other by name. How did they get there? What about introducing that new character to the read? Why can this pumpkin fly? This goes on to the point that by the end of chapter 4 there are like 6 characters and you have no idea who they are. What are their personalities? What do they like? What is special about them? Nothing. Plus the gaps have another bad trait: The story is too fast which makes you unable to relate to anything at all. In chapter 4 the MC hears about some contest the first time. At the end of the chapter he's already won it. There's no tension, too many questions left unanswered and after starting chapter 5 I'm just confused AF.

1/10. The 1 point is only due to the relationship between plants and animals, which makes this one actually kind of unique. But the rest is just garbage.

Murabito Desu Ga Nani Ka? (Manga)

Again the start is great. But it looks like after the MC did his first task of killing some dragon it's going downhill. Like for example he needs like 10 gold and even though he earned hundrets of gold coins when he was 10 he all of a sudden went bankrupt because he doesn't want to lure too much attention. That's a helluva stupid excuse. It's still quite decent though with mediocre character developement. It's just that after the first big boss it's kind of stale since that boss was supposed to be the strongest in the world. So yeah... you get the idea.

6/10
Supersalmas2
Prowler
15 | 0
I have watched quite a few of good animes' during my days, Great teacher Onizuka, Samurai Shamploo, Bleach & Naruto series, all the DBZ stuff and quite a few others.

However, lately I've been more into personal immersion and less into the spectator biz, so I've started to eat anime video games, one by one, and I can quite honestly say, there are some really sweet anime games for anyone willing to visit upon that horizon.

I've been blogging a lot lately, and here are my top 5 Anime Games - the must-plays!
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Moshuko Tensei - Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu (Manga)

This is probably the best of those Reincarnation stories called Isekai I‘ve read so far. And I read many. Like. Seriously. And finally, this is not the boring ever-the-same story of OP mc beating everything with his eyes closed while being drowned in pussy, but too dense to realize anything.
No, this is the story of a shut-in who realized he wasted his previous life and has to change. He definitely has enough flaws to make the whole story interesting. I shed a tear or two in the later chapters. It‘s all so relatable despite the fact that it shouldn’t be considering this strange setting, which makes the story shine so much more. Some arks were annoying imho but it‘s fine since the outcome is still great. After all you wouldn‘t call One Piece shit just because you disliked 1 chapter.

And yes imho it‘s better than the reincarnation story about the slime, even though I read that story 3 times already. It also seems like an anime was announced for this manga, so for those who don‘t like reading everything in Black and White: good news for you.
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Legend of Zenki(1995)

Havent watched a pre 2000 anime in a while. This one is quiet some fun until the first boss goes down. After that it feels like bleach and deathnote, when the real plot is over but they still continue the story. After that it gets to repetetive and always followig the same schema. It has the old style with the repeating transform animation (sailor moon style) and after the real story ends they added more and more transformations which turns out being just more and more repetetive animations each episode stacked one after another.

Anyone watching the shield hero anime of this season?
I have to say i can understand why it is the most popular anime of this season. It doesn't have any groundbreaking new story, but the anime does a good job of making the viewer take a position and actually take a stand towards characters.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Jaedong wrote:Anyone watching the shield hero anime of this season?
I have to say i can understand why it is the most popular anime of this season. It doesn't have any groundbreaking new story, but the anime does a good job of making the viewer take a position and actually take a stand towards characters.

Well, I read the manga, so I don't know about the anime.

Imho it's the same all the time in a very specific way. Yes you get your opinion about the different characters and the start of the story is great, no question. What I personally dislike is that the MC has some serious trust issues later on whenever he meets new people. It's understandable and it's fine to not trust just anyone all the time, but at some point it becomes annoying as in: "Oh I've travelled with that girl for 10 years, we are married, have 3 kids and a ranch we call our own. But I still don't trust her." (slightly exaggerated) Also it's basically the same story all the time: Shield hero is stabbed in the back, the other heroes fuck up their job, shield hero has to save the day and a new harem character is introduced, repeat.

It's okay, and I'd recommend it, but don't expect this to be something incredibly awesome like Death Note.

For me personally though, the manga stopped being great when the Queen was introduced.
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
HechtHeftig wrote:For me personally though, the manga stopped being great when the Queen was introduced.

Round about the current state of the anime and most likely the end of season 1, now i am not sure if i should give the manga a try or not
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Jaedong wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:For me personally though, the manga stopped being great when the Queen was introduced.

Round about the current state of the anime and most likely the end of season 1, now i am not sure if i should give the manga a try or not

Well you can just go ahead. I mean the queen solves mc‘s problems and thus what made the manga special is gone. But it‘s still okay even after that. Just not special anymore.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
The anime skips over a lot from the manga but gets the fundamentals right. The anime isnt barebones per se, theres a little bit of character development but its very close. Still decent if youre looking at it from an entry level isekai anime but if you want more or a more loyal adaptation of the manga there's better ones in that genre.
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
SPOILER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE