What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Finished Amanchu:

Finally I found the term of slice of life sub-genre, it is called iyashikei (healing / soothing) type of anime. Basically It is very slow relaxing pace anime that rarely focus on plot or character development. At least majority of this type anime I watched are solely focus on CGDCT (cute girl during cute thing).

Sadly amanchu, is more realistic type anime with bizarre character face animation thrown in randomly that made this made this one felt jumbled up. I not really fan of this (same goes to aria series) because it feel so slow. A good alternative probably non non biyori or hidamari sketch series, but again I doubt that both count as iyashikei. Amanchu tried to go serious abit with technical knowledge of scuba diving, but abit too little.

Not a bad series, but I dont remember that I was entirely entertained by the series. It is just... happen.
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Prime_Evil wrote:I'll just leave this here.

Last Chapters so far were absolute garbage though, except the 2nd last release
so its even worse
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Grand Blue (Manga)

First off: I'm only 2 chapters in and I already laughed my ass off. It says a lot, because me laughing out loud by simply reading something is really hard for an author to manage. I think the last time something managed that much was Gintama.
Anyway to the story: A guy who comes from an all-guys school graduated and joins a college in a town at the ocean. His uncle runs a scuba diving shop, so he's living there. There are some customers there who basically always drink and play games to strip and get drunk. Being easily convinced to drink as well, the mc worries about the next day, when there's a preperation class at 9 in the morning. He woke up the next day in front of the college wearing only his underwear, forced to spend the whole day that way at college.

So what this is mainly about: Drinking, FKK, managing his cousins, romance, bromance and I guess scuba diving.

The art is also really nice. It has more of a realistic touch, which underlines the drawn expressions at emotional peaks of the "straight man" whom the MC is. It's a bit like the contrast of Higurashi no naku koro ni's art vs plot , except it's vice versa. Kind of like Spongebob with their ultra-realistic drawings for humourous scenes.

Oh yeah and the MC's rival is a Prince Perfect otaku.

Ofc I can't give a rating yet, but so far it left a good impression for a comedy.
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
► Show Spoiler

worst outra sentence ever, not like slaying goblins doesnt change anything
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
New Goblin Slayer chapter... GS giving love advice lol.

Either way....

Iron Ladies (Manhua - Chinese):
At first I thought this one is meant as a joke. Pacing issues aside, the story doesn't make sense at first however, the one big plus is the art. Seriously, it's partly too crazy. But it's still kind of amazing and detailed. Not Berserk-level, but still okay. The MC is OP though and the antagonists are all the same: Some rich, annoying spoiled brats. So yeah, the author really hates those kind of people.

6/10

A returner's magic should be special (Manwha - Korean):
Kind of like Tales of Demons and Gods, but not as good as far as I can tell. It's still entertaining.

7/10
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

seems like the most used shonen topics ever, guy comes into other game like world
story developing not as usaul, so lets see what happens in future episodes
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Finished "Seishun buta yarou wa bunny girl senpai no yume wo minai"

Its sort of hit-or-miss with the slow pace at the beginning and seemingly bland story, not for everyone, but it grew on me later on like facial hair.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Zannen Jokanbu Black General San (Manga)

A mediocre gag manga with a bowsette look-alike villain who's stalking a Batman look-alike hero. The first few chapters relied on boob jokes, but it became better later on.

6/10
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
So pissed and sad about Tokyo Ghoul anime. They ruined it, first and second season were great. Later on story is so paced and confusing, you must read manga if you wanna understand everything. Should've been much better, disappoitment :(