What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Just watch bleach until end of soul society. It awesome and fun.

I believe the author original plan was to wrap the story until that, but since the manga was popular so it dragged a lot and quality dropped greatly after that.
I cant remember which episode I stopped watch, either end of bounto arc, aco mundo arc, one of captain story. Gosh that was long time ago.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
"I don't want this kind of hero." - Manwha
Seriously, this must've been the worst thing I ever read. The dialoges are too short and often don't make any sense (may caused by translation errors), the art is really ugly and the interactions of the characters are always out of place, as if the author forces the characters into their roles. There's no such thing as a natural flow, and the background stories come way too late. There's not enough time to develop the characters or even the world before the reader is supposed to feel sad about the first 2 people dieing.
I dropped it after ~ 10 chapters or something like that. 1 positive aspect: It goes against any tropes and finds out-of-the-ordinary solutions for often-used cliché situations.

1/10

"Ane Log" - Manga

This is the most hilarious thing I've seen ever since I watched Seto no Hanayome and/or Fooly Cooly. It's a story about siblings. The younger brother told his older sister that he wants to marry her when they were kids (like 6/4 years old respectively). The sister can't let go of that thought and even 10 years later she still thinks her brother wants to marry her, being shocked at what young age her brother developed his perversions. She ends up making up all kind of situations in her mind, which creates hilarious situations and plot twists. There's also the female bestie of the sister, who watches all that from outside and actually figured out, what the reader figures after the first chapter: It's not the brother having a sister complex, it's the sister having a brother complex. Luckily, it's nothing like KissXSis.

It's funny and you don't get eye cancer like from the one above. 8/10 so far (haven't finished it yet)

Edit: Okay Ane log isn't worth it in the long run. There's no character developement and tbh the chapters are too short (7 pages at most per chapter) 5/10

"Dr. Stone" - Manga

This one is really worth a read. The protagonist is a student who was fascinated in all kinds of sciences and tried to re-create every human achievement by himself. One day, a huge bomb explodes and petrifies every single human being on earth. 3700 years later, the protagonist gets de-petrified and now has to survive somehow. He's basically minecrafting himself forward and wants to recreate the world as it was 3700 years ago.
9/10
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Kurokami the Animation
Boring Cringe fest, totally not worth

Kenchi - history's strongest disciple
Story of a loser training hard to become the best.
As in most animes, unncessary sex sells stuff but not too much.
Else its a quiet entertaining anime
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri.

Steampunk. Trains. Zombie apocalypse. If this premise piques your interest enough to take a gander at it i would suggest keeping your expectations mild to low.

Starts off strong, and then pulls all sort of dumb shit by the second half. A real disappointment. High point would be the animations are solid for the most part, and the main character who deviates completely from the overdone "donkan guy who is dumb af and yet manages to have a pseudo harem" trope, even if admitedly he becomes 5edgy6me as the series goes on which is overbearing, but it kicks off good part of the first half of this anime. Great right? Well it all comes crashing down into shit tier writing after that. A trainwreck, pun intended.

3/10 , can't really recommend this anime to anyone who wants meaning plot over mindless action like in my case. But if that's your thing go for it.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Jaedong wrote:Kenchi - history's strongest disciple
Story of a loser training hard to become the best.
As in most animes, unncessary sex sells stuff but not too much.
Else its a quiet entertaining anime

Spoiler - some stuff about plot.
► Show Spoiler
Overall it's funny and gives good tips/ideas about martial arts for common audience. Drunk karate master is based on Kenshiro ?

Watching Nanatsu no Taizain second season. First one was ok, predictable plot, short fights, "i must win because i have to protect my xx friends blablabla" and so on. Also occasional boobs, ass and lame pervert jokes. Upside - talking pig which is hilarious !
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Anonymous: wrote:Upside - talking pig which is hilarious !

Upside?
Its the biggest downside for me

Since im running out of idea im starting to watch more of the mainstream stuff:

Another:
The bloody scenes were terrible, but the story was decent, excluding the end.

Noragami:
Unconventional types of gods compared to what im used in animes.
Some comedy for inbetween but nothing special.

Psycho Pass:
Fell asleep and skipped on final episodes, my definition of boring

Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
Bunch of overpowered kids in strange world, dont expect a story
Just entertainment as okish level

Prime_Evil wrote:Koutetsujou no Kabaneri.

Steampunk. Trains. Zombie apocalypse. If this premise piques your interest enough to take a gander at it i would suggest keeping your expectations mild to low.

Starts off strong, and then pulls all sort of dumb shit by the second half. A real disappointment. High point would be the animations are solid for the most part, and the main character who deviates completely from the overdone "donkan guy who is dumb af and yet manages to have a pseudo harem" trope, even if admitedly he becomes 5edgy6me as the series goes on which is overbearing, but it kicks off good part of the first half of this anime. Great right? Well it all comes crashing down into shit tier writing after that. A trainwreck, pun intended.

3/10 , can't really recommend this anime to anyone who wants meaning plot over mindless action like in my case. But if that's your thing go for it.

this, its kinda like attack on titans (same creators)
aot is not as terrible as kok but compared to how overrated it is, its terrible
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Jaedong wrote:
Anonymous: wrote:Upside - talking pig which is hilarious !

Upside?
Its the biggest downside for me

The biggest downside in this one and in Kenishi - lack of pre-history explaining. An episode for each sin/master and how/why he became what he is now would be great. Now you have to figure the sin powers during combat and he usually gets powers suited for current fight very convienently. Sin died, oh no he is immortal; sin severely damaged, oh no he has this super healing bubble. And so on. And pig is just for lolz, which gives certain twist for me.
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
in the anime yes, but i cant judge the manga, did not bother to go through 600 chapters

edit:
usually 2nd seasons are way worse but holy shit
2nd reason of noragami ia turning out to be a fking amazing
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Finally got around to watching Evangelion. Overall, not bad. Last 2 episodes were terrible though. They either blew the rest of their budget on heroin and hookers, or they were trying way too hard to be "artsy." At least End of Evangelion made up for it.

Also watched Batman Ninja, but it was hard to see b/c I was facepalming through the whole movie. The Japanese VO's Joker was that animated abortion's only redeeming quality.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Macross Frontier - space mecha where every time there's a fight some k-pop love song/concert is playing in the background... gets real tiring real fast. Dropped when I realized this is turning into some k-pop love triangle instead of a dark space mecha against aliens.

GATE - I actually enjoyed this, mostly because the supporting characters are good (cough yao), despite the lame MC and lack of a decent plot.

A Certain Magical Index - contains truly the most banal shit lame MC I have come across yet, dropped by the 5th something episode when I realized there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

God Eater - if you like akame ga kill, darker than black, kabaneri of the iron fortress, attack on titan... or any other similar mediocre anime then you will probably like this as well. The weapons and aliens look dumb as fuck though.