What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2327 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
"I'm standing on a million lives."

2 Seasons, only watched S1 so far, and i gotta say, it started really rough. I was very close to dropping this anime by ep3, but something told me to keep going. It gets better in the end eps, especially ep12, so it almost redeemed itself there, but overall i'd say this is a really boring and generic anime, at least season 1. Hopefully S2 will be good overall.
jojoz
Destroyer
6 | 0
My fav anime Death Note and Dragon Ball
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2327 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
"Im standing on a million lives" Season 2, is GARBAGE.

Plot is literally half canon half filler. You'd expect the main character to grow in power as the series goes on but nope, he loses value every time a new character is introduced, usually a girl, because of course. PANTSU SAABISU DESU. Dont get me started on the pacing.

I would give this anime a 0 but its got Kahabell in it so it gets a 1. I'm being very generous.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Who is the good boy~~!?

Im kinda on slump, doesnt feel on mood to watch anime for very long time. I thought I would need some happy go lucky anime, so i decided to give this anime a try. And i dont regret it.

The anime is story of a boy which once day will become a king. However, many people around feel he doesnt fit to one, thus he will began his journey to learn more and self discovery. He went through many challenging places, making many new friends & foes. There is also political situation as he wasnt the only one suceeding the throne, thus struggle of multiple factions in the kingdom. One of the nicest anime is perhaps is its simplicity artstyle which allow the studio to animate more fluidly.

However the series can get jarring especially related the concept for ranking of kings. If MC want to be no 1 on the ranking, he must be one of the strongest king in the history which is kinda challenging for our MC. Thus the disparity of power level between being strong physically and psychologically. Despite the series being adventures with multiple places, the plot kinda mixed alot with flashback to give background story making it harder to follow. This anime also feel like cartoon for kids, which could turn off some people.

I binged the whole series within 24 hours, which is kinda wild roller coaster ride. Despite it have high score on MAL, personally i think you really have to "turn off your brain, and be a kids" to enjoy this. Regardless, i still highly recommend this series.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
2DEEP4U

After hearing some recommendation from anime reviewer, i thought i will give this anime a try. Turned out that my mind is not ready for this kind of anime at current moment. Only once after i watched more analysis, i understand more to its visual metaphor.

The anime started simple where bunch of students find out that they are in weird dimension where they able to use some superpowers. The story began as they trying to assemble some sort authority while figuring out their world & why they were thrown into the dimension. As episodes goes by, we will discover each of person inner struggle as they trying to realistically potraying how normal human being will react. Visual storytelling in this anime is superb with its non traditional animation style, especially when the world warped itself inside out.

However the series is very hard to quantify objectively. First it heavy with its visual metaphor and symbolism even compared of many previous anime I have watched. While I explained that they wanted to explore the truth why they being thrown to the world, the story then evolved to episodic personal story that have little entanglement between eachother to move plot forward. In order sense, you might need to read again some synopsis or analysis to understand what happened as story is mix / match style of story telling.

Pretty hard for me to recommend this anime unless you really willing to dive deep into. While the visual is compelling experience, for me it was a bit too boring with its brooding / inner monologue like real teenager struggle. I already done that myself in the past, and i dont need horrible feeling again.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
There is no such things as too much cogs

Randomly pick this anime. I thought I have seen or heard about this anime, turned out that one of my fav artist fripside is contributing to OP of this anime. Also, I accidentally saw the score, so i set my expectation accordingly.

This anime is sourced from lightnovel who wrote No Game No Life, so it indeed have similar chemistry with interesting world building, funny banter between characters as well as duality of "double protagonist" in overall series. Both characters meet up with their similar goals to save their city. Additional characters like with automaton which powered by clockwork / cogmachine also added interesting dynamic with usual master / slave relationship. Soon they discovered in order to saved whole city, the government dont mind to destroy whole block as long as the cog keep spinning.

However, this anime adaptation feel very bad. I think there isnt much action scene despite there are many arc related to fighting. You also have suspension of disbelief since the story mentioned they have like millions of cogs, which somehow our protagonist can pinpoint the problem simply listening to the sound of machine. Aside from interesting characters banters, there isnt much character development. Even the main plot feel like afterthought, despite it have clear issue with whole clockwork city system.

I did enjoy some of lewd / funny joke moment, however this bad adaptation probably remind me of below average anime. It is not bad, but it carried by original source material being interesting. I dont recommend unless you really want to find bottom of the barrel anime.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I will just put a absurd long punchlines at the top of this review for no reason.

Im struggling with watching an anime atm, mostly because the long shounen i was watching doesnt fit the time / mood usually I am. Thus I just immediately start another cheerful anime, and I remember about this title.

To understand the title easier, just imagine you have level 100 dungeon in MMORPG, which our protagonist came from. So he went for adventure to level 1 city, in order to improve himself. With help from his village chief, he study under new master and learn to live a normal life. To add to absurd setting, the series also introduced several of quirky characters which eventually lead to every girls to fall in love with our protagonist (dunno why no harem tag). I enjoyed this type of "clean artstyle" in modern anime, fit the cheerful.

However, the biggest turned off for me is definitely the annoying side characters. Especially the one that went fall in love with protagonist just because he did something good for her. Since is the comedy anime, obviously there are subjective parts. While I enjoy some of the character interaction, most of the joke delivery just fall flat for me. Especially when it distrupt the serious storytelling. There is overuse joke where our protagonist keep feeling that he is weak and unable to help other despite his strong will for justice.

Score on myanimelist is low, but I think the anime is mostly average at best. While I enjoy part of it, too many negative part of it just made it hard to go through. I can only recommend if you really have very weird funny bones for loud / obnoxious joke.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I didnt know there are many type of bicycles...

Another random i picked from local streaming playlist. I kinda know what the mood of the story, so this fit exactly what I wanted atm. I dont expect something grand since it is cute girl doing cute things (CGGCT) afterall.

The series start with our protagonist in school, wondering why she is not good in any sports. After seeing someone riding a bicycle in her school, with encouragement from her cycling friend, she decide to begin learn more about cycle. Story is full of relaxing and funny moment, from meeting new friends, learning about basic stuff related to bicycle to participate challenging long distant cycling event. The series focus mostly about our protagonist trying to struggle against her own weakness.

The story is pretty basic if you ask, from learning new stuff, facing some hurdle as well as accomplish reaching the goal. To make it easier to animate, the studio also relied on 3D CGI on various cycling moment, which can look jarring. While characters seem look interesting, at the end they are more like typical stereotype characters which you wont learn much about their background / growth. One of the annoying part is definitely our protagonist being too clumsy & failed in common senses.

As someone who ok with cute girls stuff, this series feel like passing barebone average score level. Score on MAL seem lower, but I assume people expecting way more. I personally learnt couple of stuff, enough wanting to buy my own bicycles (but i wont though for financial reason).
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Omae wa Mou Shindeiru... NANI?!!

I heard this series before, but I dont remember if it was a good series or not. Noticing it in the random playlist, I just start without high expectation. The series seem start ok at beginning, but...

I think in order for me to explain the title, you need to know the main plot. The story here is that the girl which our protagonist helped during 1st episode have been left in comatose state (i have to research about this). Somehow, her heart which is in another girl managed to connect to each other after 4 years since beginning. In every couple of episodes, both as detectives must save case usually revolved some girls with its own twist. Additionally, both our protagonist somehow romantic despite they are just doing their job.

This anime confuse. At first i thought it will be action with detective as a concept, then anime switched to romance / harem that doesnt bring anything. The world building also only explained barebones at beginning, just merely "there are big villains syndicate, we must stop them". The story also confusing because it also use huge flashback in the middle of season to tell what truly happened to the girl that left in coma, albeit in bit by bit mystery way. Action is laughable.

No, just no. Skip this anime. I watched many low score anime on MAL and this anime feel stupid in many aspects (characters, plots, subpar animation). Despite trying to have 2 characters talk trying to sound smart, at the end it fall flat.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Two-timing not enough? No problem, there is option for more!

I have heard about this series before, i think it reached a meme status because how ridiculous premise of the story is. So im kinda set low expectation while watching this.

Turned out this series is funny as heck. Especially if you already watch many romcom / harem anime then many of typical your expectation will be 180 swing back with ridiculous gags. If the premise where a guy with his 2 girlfriend living in a house doesnt absurd, then the stake raise even higher when they also trying to hide it from other people, especially their classmates. As typical haremm, more girls introduced as series go on, but the comedy aspect never failed the entertain especially related each characters weird quirk.

Despite all the comedy, it is kinda hit & miss. Since it revolved around their stupidty, it will make you cringe & embarassing so hard that it feel that all people not a real person. Anime quality wise, I feel like this is barebone passable level although those punchlines sometimes hit the mark. Regardless, this series it is not something that you expect a moving story foward aside weird / awkward situations in every episodes. Despite the OP / ED is kinda good, i think the BGM in the series not memorable much.

I dunno if I could recommend this. You first need to able to enjoy this type of comedy, second you must able to understand how typical harem anime are so you kinda able to enjoy kinda parody.