What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Still Sekiro on my third playthrough.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
so I got myself Xcom 2 since it's listed often as one of the best games in existance. Plus I usually like turn-based strategy games. But oh boy, this is just completely horrible.

First of all: The camera is locked for way too long. It artificially makes the game longer just because you have to wait 3-4 seconds before each action. Even among turn based strategy games, it's aweful. This just feels like I'm commanding snails. Also bots take a considerable amount of time, too, so there's really a lot of wasted time. That makes re-playing an area even worse, because it already takes you at least 1-2 minutes to encounter some enemies, just because your minions take so much time to move.

Next: RNG is a dick. Like seriously. I have 80% hit chance and miss. 5 times in a row. It's just horrible especially when coupled with the next part:

Of course your enemies can resurrect each other and even control your strongest units. I mean we all know how much something like stun sucks in any game because the worst part is not being able to do anything at all. But this is even worse. You get zoned by the mobs, the zone gets even bigger and bigger while your minions miss their 99% hit chance attacks and can't get even close to the guy who suddenly mind-controls your only ninja unit, who's also the only one of your units who could potentially deal at least some damage to that mind-controlling enemy.

This "game" is not fun. It's just meant to frustrate the player.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
HechtHeftig wrote:so I got myself Xcom 2 since it's listed often as one of the best games in existance.

wut? its complete garbage compared to xcom 1. poorly optimized af too, i was impressed at how much firaxis managed to screw up a lot of the stuff that made xcom 1 pretty good. AI behaves weird af, sometimes it took nosedives, others it would hit targets miles away with critical on plasma guns as if it was a sniper rifle, collision detection is wonky af, its almost like it wasnt made by the same devs even.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Yeah I read like 5 different lists on the lookout for new games to play, and on one list it was on place 18 of hundret. But Diablo 3 was on place 36, so I should've been more critical.

Either way, I just send a message to the Steam support to give me back my money. That game is bad trash.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
not finishing anything atm, expect playing:
1. command and conquer rivals on mobile
2. yakuza 0
3. moero chronicle
4. immortal redneck
5. the division 1
6. hearthstone

i dont feel entertained lately, either i need to switch back to open world + watching anime or playing hyper action games like DMC
not feel rewarding to complete a difficult games anymore.
feel bored of all grinding.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Installed Age of Mythology extended version (new campain i believe) and continue TQ.

Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Currently alternating between Monster Hunter World, Dark Souls 3, Path of Exile and MXL.

MHW is pretty awesome, recently hit high rank and there are still monsters I have not yet encountered so got stuff to do. Played melee for a while, longsword to be exact, but after trying the bow I don't think I'm ever going back. Grindy but fun.

DS3 is probably my favourite in the series. I still think Bloodborne is From's best game but as far as Dark Souls go, DS3 might just be the top one for me. It plays faster and smoother than the previous 2 games(especially compared to DS2, which was cancer except for some dlc bosses), similar to how Bloodborne plays, and the level/enemy design is alright for the most part as well. Most bosses were good too. It does have a lot of fanservice and references to the previous games, especially DS1, but it doesn't annoy me that much, I never got too deep into the story anyway. An occassional eyeroll is about as much of a reaction as the fanservice can get out of me.

Path of Exile - the synthesis league is meh, essentially worse abyss/breach imo, not really using the mechanic as it feels like a waste of time. It's still PoE though and there are new abilities to try so...I've played some Soulrend/Bane and I liked it a lot but I kinda fuck up my main weapon so I rolled a new char, Divine Ire this time. Not as fast but being able to kamehameha is cool.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
CI occultist bane witch, but i use soulrend for single target, mainly just a boss killer but a real good one at that.

Machaveli
Jungle Hunter
26 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Any black ops 4 players on Xbox 1?
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Finished:
1. Immortal Redneck
After several rerun on easier pyramid and getting like 50 upgrades, I finally managed to beat the final boss. Not to mention that my bonus stats all are stacked up and i didnt receive any debuff. It is pretty much of the game that I wish the grind a bit lesser than current one. Because if u didnt get far and farming gold properly, u will go back with maybe 1 upgrade.

The only roguelite FPS that i liked, especially on how fast you move around the game. I was in the zone when i doing the final run and feel like I was in Matrix with everything slowed down. I prefer my roguelite to have some sort of permanent upgrade rather than the one only give you new guns or ability. Took much longer than I liked because all of those gold grinding required

2. Yakuza 0
If you want to inner working of yakuza with fine details and political, this game is pretty much the best I played so far. It have 2 different protagonist with different storyline that intertwined at the end (i never play any yakuza series, so everything is new to me). It is a game that I feel like im watching a super long drama with intense and emotional scene in each episodes

Gameplay however, a bit tweak to be desire. People might dont like simple battle arkham style because it is more about timing rather than positional / tactic, but when your control is randomly move around and the game feel like are not in your control, then i have issue with it. From combo drop, character unable to rotate properly, dodge doesnt follow your analogue, bullshit bossfight and several conflict concept between the battle system made me so hate the combat in this game. You have to try it to understand what i meant.

Thankfully though, the game are superb on other part. The small + tight open world with tons of variety side content you can play, the cutscene, the intense of the plot made the game more enjoyable to me. If you like to play open world sandbox stuff with a lot of minigames, this is games for you. But since i prefer easier activity like going from a marker to another marker, i dont exactly complete 100% of them.

Get it if you dont mind spending huge chunk of house on watching cutscenes or doing side content. Dont expect precise combat like dark souls or arkham style, it is more small scale of Dynasty Warrior. That is the only negative of the game i had. Oh, also be ready for quirky side stories if you like that kind of things, because.. japanese humor.