What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
End of trilogy, with a bit of meh

Title : Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Again, as usual. I need to clarify that i only played rebooted tomb raider once, and didnt play the 2nd entry. Thus I have 0 idea of what story like and if there any over-arching narrative inbetween game. I think i know is that there is some organization who want to get in way of our protagonist and doing "evil"-ish stuff. So pretty much you started the game trying to avoid the organization while trying to obtain some loots from various hidden tombs. As for minor spoiler, there are some big world-ending catasrophe.

So the game is started with a bang as you trying to survive various events like tsunami & earthquake and it was foretold that world is ending unless our heroine go for a journey several artifacts before it fall into bad guys organization. This time around, the game focused more on jungle environment with a lot of underwater segment. There are several additional stuff like heavy emphasized on stealth while keeping other similar feature. Most of the area are quite linear with town hubs that contained a lot of stuff to do.

You know what did i said meh? A lot of system in are slightly above average to me. Combat are sparse, puzzle are too easy while exploration are too finnicky with its control. i can guarantee you that 80% of my death in this game of unintended behaviour while traversing the map. There are some crafting and skill tree, but both also are quite generic and boring. Thus my fun time with this game are solely only getting 100% completion on the map (I didnt do 100% achievement since it required another playthrough). I think i did everything in just 3 days with 20++ hours gameplay.

Alternative : Farcry / Assassin Creed series as usual. For other similar tone games with survival / crafting, then i recommend Smoke & Sacrifice. For stealth + platforming part i guess game like Splinter Cell or Styx series fit both criteria.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
bump.

2 whole fucking days of grinding. Only took 1 in synthesis league. Waifu sword meme builds, we meet again. fjgkhlj

ori
Gravedigger
191 | 40
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
rofl, oni-goroshi farm :D

meanwhile, still mapping in 2k2, 200% quantity + and 91% pack size
i must do map that has 100%+ packsize with double beyond and see if i can have more than 5000 monsters on one map xDD
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
New Entry, Utter Disappointment

It have been a while since Wolfenstein The New Order revolutionize old shooter (until Doom 2016 came out) for modern generation. It was something fresh and big bombastic alternate story of Nazi conquering the world. Probably i dont remember all the details, but i do remember I enjoy most of the aspect of the game. From the shooting gameplay encounter, the pacing, the stealth encounter, the feeling of getting new weapon and upgrades. So im kinda heard about this game being on lower score than first game. Im aware that i skipped the New Blood and Young Blood went terribly, which i can understand why that happened.

Even with my super low expectation, my gosh this game is terrible as heck. So many issues that made me struggled to even finished this game (i think i started 2 months ago). I admit i shouldve play easier difficulty, but who think that it is ok to put several almost endless amount enemy in your face is a good idea (the court room / final area). Gun are boring, at least i feel like im not being overpowered even with dual-wield (first game got dual-wield laser sniper godamnit). Stealth is so freaking terrible, i feel like i utter WTF like more than 20 times when i got detected and went rambo with it. Somehow the AI is atrocious either they can smell you from away or just simply deaf not hearing a gun shot in opposite room. Pacing feel way off (1st wheel chair level, like really?) and whole cutscene is freaking OBNOXIOUS (seriously, go watch the final scene with naked pregnant woman bath in blood)

This game is stupid, made me wonder if i remembered first game wrongly. Im not against going for political correct stuff (varied character with different personality / skin colour), but how the heck you can design those story / weird & terrible cutscenes. Seriously skip this garbage, even if it tease for next game, i dont think im excited to play it (this game among game i bought directly from store rather than getting from bundle) and im super disappointed.

*In fact i went to youtube to watch all cutscenes in first game, yeah definitely it was much better in many aspect.

Alternative : Aside after mentioned doom series (2016 and eternal), I would like to recommend Hard Reset (get redux version) which is kinda old school shooter as well. If you really want to go over-the-top stuff, i think Borderlands series did it much better (like seriously, i wonder got anyone havent play it). Lastly kinda weird to suggest this, but just go play immersive sim like Prey / Dishonored / Deus-Ex series. At least there are much fun to do over there unless you really just want linear corridor shooter.
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Since quarantine, I started playing Wow TBC on one private server with friends... but got bored really quickly, cause of many reasons...one being you have to commit and I dont want to....cause I am old and lazy....adulthood stuff, work responsibilities etc etc.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Flawed copycat of 2D Dark Souls

Title : Death's Gambit

I heard about the score, the review from the player and now i personally finished the game. Oh boy, i know Dark souls being so influenced to a point it kinda made it's own genre. Many tried to copy and changed the formula, and yet didnt understand what made the gameplay worked in the first place. So the question, can this game is called a proper dark souls? Yeah, slightly... but there are just so many issues that i feel the game didnt reach the potential. Have you wondered, why there isnt much platforming section original dark souls? Despite it look like metroidvania, this is not one of them.

Being a 2D games, this game have limited amount of movement freedom when dealing with enemy. Sure you have your dodge roll which is powerful with generous amount of invincible frame, but why the heck you required a lot of stamina for merely a jump? Each weapons already balanced around attack speed, and yet the game punished more with stamina management. There are simply too many times, i have to pause for stamina to regen. It is fine for 3d games, since you can just side step a lot of enemy attack, but how you want to sidestep A BIG SWORD swing (even a backswing can hit you). As for my problems with the games, mostly it is because limited amount of depth. Sure the ability and boss fight is fine, but who the heck think that a limited amount of weapons, a weak talent tree and limited amount of ability would be good for this kind of games? Oh, i havent even complaint on how floaty the combat and character are, it almost like you controlling string puppet that hard to move because it being blown by wind.

Ok, if you thirst for simple 2D Dark Souls game, go ahead. Sure the game have copied feature like NG ++ until 10 which scaled up as you gaining your stats, but as the depth is so shallow, i dont think i have fun even to replay for all side contents. Oh, the story is forgettable and confusing as usual. 2D graphic sprite artstyle is cool and janky (since it rotated the sprite) but that pretty much it.

Alternative : I preferred Vagrant and Blasphemous more than this game. Might as well as i suggest Valdis Story and Hollow Knight as usual.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Wotan wrote:Since quarantine, I started playing Wow TBC on one private server with friends... but got bored really quickly, cause of many reasons...one being you have to commit and I dont want to....cause I am old and lazy....adulthood stuff, work responsibilities etc etc.

Kaziol, you are 3x years old. Any kids yet ?
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Short answer- no.
Wanted to start MXL to kill time, but the builds that I was always excited about unfortunately are utter garbage.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Wotan wrote:Short answer- no.

Good.