What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

I just bought this game because the last time I checked, MW2 had pretty empty servers so it took lots of time to find matches and that sucked. So I researched a little bit what other current call of duty games there are because I just had some desire to play some quick team deathmatch games.

Basically it's just an updated version, which takes more time to load the maps and has a menu design that's far more confusing than the MW2 one.

Progression:
I'm currently level 19 and I really have to say, it's quite easy to level up. It's 1-0,5 levels per game atm, but I'm sure it'll change later on.

A lot of the content weapon wise is locked behind level ups, so you first need to invest quite a lot of time to really get started. Especially some of the vital upgrades are locked behind level 60 or something like that, so that will take quite some time. Weapon upgrades however are unlocked by playing. So the further you play with a single weapon, the more upgrades you have for that weapon and the more you can customize it. Unlocking said upgrades is easy as well. Usually I unlock 1-2 upgrades per game. But those upgrades are only for that single weapon, so if you really want to master it... well, good luck investing thousand of hours into the game.

At first you have several preset classes that you can choose. I really liked using the Uzi-type weapon class in the beginning because its spread was decent in close-mid range. But since it sucked so much on long range, I started using the AK47 instead once I unlocked it. It's not the perfect weapon for me yet, but I'm sure I'll find one soon once I unlock more weapons. I'm still not sure if I prefer the assault rifles or the MP's, but time will tell.

Maps:
There are lots of maps and there are still some I didn't dive into. These maps range from very small ones (for example Nuketown) to very large ones. Best score I had so far was 18/5 because I randomly got a heli from some box and it killed 6 guys on its own. But usually I suck a lot harder, barely reaching slightly over average, if at all :D

Anyway, I really love the bigger maps. That's where having a headset really shines, because you can hear other people running around next to you. In smaller maps there's usually a lot more annoying noise because of kill streaks and so on. But I also prefer the bigger maps because people can't preaim that easily, like what's done in games like Counter strike all the time. It kind of takes away from the charm of a game if everyone except you know the maps so well, that they know exactly where it's possible for you to be and shoot you while you walk around a corner. Because that way it nullifies aiming skill and only requires fast reaction + knowledge of the maps. I guess what it boils down to is that it's a lot easier for a newbie like me to get started. You also instantly respawn compared to CS, so it's easier and quicker to learn to aim and start getting better. That alone is really rewarding.

One map I've really come to hate is Nuketown. It's so small that you can almost shoot into the enemies spawn from your spawn. So yeah, I've seen spawncampers all around. Air strikes kill you right after respawning and... yeah it's not really my favourite map. Unfortunately it's picked very often. The picture at the top shows about half of the whole map of Nuketown.

Quest system:
This is something I really don't like. There are so many different game modes and the quests force you to play those game modes, which I'm really not a fan of. I just want to play team deathmatch and that's it. What's worse is that you can't even dismiss these quests even though supposedly you can do that with right click. But it doesn't work for me for some reason.

Game modes: There are so many game modes, it's just confusing to me. But if you want a game with lots of variety, yeah you'll get that here. I do plan on playing the zombie mode, but I didn't do that yet.

Controls:
This is something I've noticed is a lot better compared to other games like Overwatch or CS:GO for example. Aiming is so much easier but maybe it's just me. Anyway, it doesn't feel clunky at all. But there are a couple of things I really have to get used to. For example that CTRL makes you lie down. And that your aim will get fucked because of that. A couple of times I pressed CTRL instead of C to crouch, and yeah, I died because of that. But that's just something I need to get used to.

Crouching itself is my favourite way to play the game imho, because that way you can hear your enemies while they can't hear you. It helps a lot to get closer to your enemies undetected and can give you the advantage of surprise.

Music:
It's completely different compared to MW2. It's a lot more uplifting instead of dark or grim like it was in MW2, but it's not that bad either.

Conclusion:

Yeah, I like this game. It might have a few minor flaws, like the confusing menu design, but I'm sure I can put lots of my time into this game. Another big plus is that I won't need a heater in winter when I play this game on max settings. From 40 degree celsius GPU temperature to 75+ can be easily reached when playing.
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Been playing this for 3 weeks with a mate on a dedicated server we made. Engaging and intuitive game. You choose your own pace. This is the first new game I bought and played for the past 15 years. Best 15 euro spent ever.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2327 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
watching PoE's 3.15 league livestream right now. im not liking it so far. path of nerfs. everything is nerfed. monsters are significantly buffed in life and damage which tbh i dont care much. you now have to pay mana for triggered skills, sometimes more than you'd pay if you self casted them, which means rip cast on crit builds. big yikes.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Playing Doom - loads of fun while smashing skulls and exploring maps. And only for 5 euros.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Prime_Evil wrote:watching PoE's 3.15 league livestream right now. im not liking it so far. path of nerfs. everything is nerfed. monsters are significantly buffed in life and damage which tbh i dont care much. you now have to pay mana for triggered skills, sometimes more than you'd pay if you self casted them, which means rip cast on crit builds. big yikes.

Use health instead of mana Kappa :) Will try it for sure, but not sure for how long.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2327 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
PoE league start tomorrow. Archmage is dumpstered, as is Sigil of Power. Wtf are GGG doing. Welp. Guess i'm not rolling Elementalist this league.

And guess what : No changes to Essence Drain/Contation. Sigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... So i'm either league starting ED/Contagion...again... or i'm gonna go Consecrated Path Totem Chieftain. From the patch notes it looks sick now.

This league overall seems hot trash from the changes. Possibly will hate every single second of it. We'll see.
Taem
Necrobot
2469 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Wotan wrote:Been playing this for 3 weeks with a mate on a dedicated server we made. Engaging and intuitive game. You choose your own pace. This is the first new game I bought and played for the past 15 years. Best 15 euro spent ever.

Yeah? What game is it I wonder?
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Valheim, i know because i was on crafting survival streak as well.

As for my update (i didnt complete any new games hence no update).
On my table atm:

1. Terraria : Having blast, beaten golem. Probably will try to 100% achievement this games.
2. Bioshock Remastered : Never beaten 1 or played 2, atm playing when i have fps urge
3. Slay the spire : Ascension 5 on watcher. I beaten A20 with 3 other classes, grinding slowly
4. Raft : I cant believe i spend 100 hours to 100% this games, one of the bad tedious grind that im disappointed with
5. Orc Must Die 2 : Finally 100% it, required to play with some random online people
6. Civilization VI : Gosh i really cant enjoy this compared to Civ 5 era back then despite platinum
7. Generation Zero : Ugh, the game remind me of some terrible "hide from AI" gameplay
8. Hellpoint : Dark Souls on discount, something boring about overall design
9. Shining Resonance Refrain : Hmm, active JRPG from ps3 era.... cant even push to finish chapter 1
10. Indivisible : I have no idea what I have no push to play this game. Probably the boring gameplay
11. Minoria : Disappointment after disappointing momodora. Transition to weird low poly janky 3d artstyle

not counting game that i havent touch for 1 month or more.

Yakuza 3 and The Surge 3 will unlock end of this month (humble choice)
Diablo 3 and Genshin Inazuma is now live
Destiny 2 next season is 24 august

so many games i wanted to play, so little time.

btw who really want some games can just pm me
I will try at least giveaway game that i think i wont play for next 1 year.
offered open for only first 5 people active forumer (join date, post count, like count etc)
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Taem wrote:
Wotan wrote:Been playing this for 3 weeks with a mate on a dedicated server we made. Engaging and intuitive game. You choose your own pace. This is the first new game I bought and played for the past 15 years. Best 15 euro spent ever.

Yeah? What game is it I wonder?

Valheim.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Prime_Evil wrote:PoE league start tomorrow. Archmage is dumpstered, as is Sigil of Power. Wtf are GGG doing. Welp. Guess i'm not rolling Elementalist this league.

And guess what : No changes to Essence Drain/Contation. Sigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... So i'm either league starting ED/Contagion...again... or i'm gonna go Consecrated Path Totem Chieftain. From the patch notes it looks sick now.

This league overall seems hot trash from the changes. Possibly will hate every single second of it. We'll see.

Hehehe, was thinking about repeating last season start - might do since i have not played this build as many times as you did :)

WTF is that queue shit all over again ....