What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Playing Die Young. Pretty decent for an indie.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Too many games that took too much times
I finished short game instead.

Finished Bleed 2

This game reminded me alot of old school NES era game with simple game play and over the top boss fight. It is like contra that keep tossing super tricky bosses every level toward you. This game pretty slick and easy to user, and quite fast paced too (although controller setting is suck). The game doesnt have upgrade or progression, but it have some unlocked once you finish the game (like extra character). Game was kinda too hard, so I just finish the story mode in normal difficulty instead.

Storyline is simple, there is some alien invasion, so you as protagonist have to go forward and stop it as she really want to be a hero. You have a rival that disturb you once a while, he also help you when you having a problem the middle section of the game. Gameplay wise, you have a gun that shoot unlimited ammo, you have katana that can reflect pink bullet or stopping enemy melee charge, you can dash in any direction and lastly you slow down time. Resource for slowing time down is very generous and the checkpoint is plenty. If you like difficulty, i think you might enjoyed harder difficulty.

The only issue with game is that it is quite short. It is only 1 hour long but you have a lot of replay-ability since there is high score system (although I dont think it is that depth scoring system). Anyway it is quite hectic fast pace game and short that i enjoyed for a bit.

Alternative: Rive, Hell Yeah!, Strider, Gunvolt, No time to explain, Rise & shine probably among the game the fit the similar style
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
The Surge 2.

Unlike The Surge this is actually pretty decent.

7/10
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
After Surge 2 got done, its time for yet another Souls like, this time Code Vein.

Anime vampires.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Ugh finally some game done, im really need to get some short game.

Full Metal Furies

This is probably one of the game that should be famous, but seem like lack of marketing. I never heard about and Im surprised that this was made by developer who made Rogue Legacy. The genre is pretty much brawler / beat'em up with 4 characters that have distinct playstyle with 2 melee and 2 range. Unlike other brawler game, this is one of the hardest brawler to juggle around since it heavily emphasized on coop play. Thankfully, the system is so good that you can play solo and still fully enjoy the game as it supposed to.

Several new system added such as : colour-coded enemy that only specific team member can kill, requirement to revive your team member instead of traditional life stocks, air juggle, some permanent progression and customization, as well as awesome boss battle and mini boss. And if you play solo, you can choose 2 character which you can swap around during game play, making it using the core of the game even in single player mode. Level are vast, there are about 5 worlds with boss at end, which have its own unique enemy design in each world. Enemy design also quite plentiful and some of them are quite annoying (since you need to kill with specific colour/ teammates) making the game more tactical.

Full Metal Furies is something underrated, or at least I never heard about it. Game is fun in solo and quite challenging, with tons of secrets to unlock. In my journey for true ending, i stucked at final true boss for like 2 hours since it is bloody hard. Too bad i couldnt get 100% achievement in this game since one of it required you to complete the new game plus mode.

Alternative : No doubt this taking notes from coop brawler game like Castle Crasher. Seem like I dont play much brawler so other suggestion. But if I want to suggest some mildly similar, it would be Guacemelee. But if i want to recommend twin shooter with some upgrades, probably renegade ops, android cactus and forced (and maybe forced showdown).

EDITED

And short games i did finished!

What remains of Edith Finch

From beginning i will say, that is probably the best walking simulator games I ever played! If I wanted to write a short summary, it is about a series of short stories that happened to Finch family, which is well known for being cursed. And the short episodes isnt just walking from one location to another, but you will able to experience from first person experience. And the game is not that long either, it just 2 hours making it easy to finish everything in 1 sitting.

There isnt much gameplay to be honest, but many of the stuff are pretty contextual with the way you control 2 thumbstick in the game. Left thumbstick control your left hand while right thumbstick control your right hand. Then you have a button dedicated for interaction. But the best part of the games is what you can do with those 2 simple control. Without spoiling, one of the episodes make you control the kite while listening to narrative, other part there is a toy that you can move around in front of you and lastly there famous scene where you need to control 2 part of narrative with both thumbstick. Experience wise, it is pretty straight forward game with no replayability.

If you are turned off by many terrible walking simulator that made you walk endlessly for not good reason, I recommend you to try this game first before throwing everything out of the window. This is tight and fully narrative game that feel surreal with variety of experiences in it.

Alternative : For surreal experience for walking sim, Virginia is another good example as well as Firewatch & Vanishing of Ethan Carter. If you a bit more gameplay, i guess Painscreek Killing and A story about my uncle is perfect fit. Lastly, if you want short horror, then you should try Layer of Fear
MJA1521
Bone Archer
77 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Playing Borderlands 3 pretty much since release and haven't put it down yet. Pretty damn addicting.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Ugh finally finished long dreaded game.

Red Faction Guerilla ReMARStered

I played this game long time ago, because i heard about its superb destructible building and open world setup in Mars, but i have no idea why did i stop back then after several mission. Turned that this game have severe issue despite it is "old games". Remastered version didnt addressed any of that, so the issue pretty much the same across all version. At start of the game, i played hard difficult mode until about half way through the game. Then i searched about recommend difficulty, turned out that they even tweak the cost upgrade for your gear to be scaled by difficulty. I was wondering why its freaking hard to get new upgrade. Thus i switched to casual and having much more fun and steam rolling through the campaign.

Game is open world genre by nature where you need to go area by area liberated the people from oppression of EDF, by usual destroying enemy building and free the area. This is nothing new even back then, but building destructible definitely will save the day right? No, one of the most glaring issue is limited ammunition you have even with full upgrade, which basically you need to scavenge opponent or find ammunition box. On hard difficulty, with unfair AI reinforcement (think like when GTA having 5 stars police) together with regenerative life system (you take damage, you wont regen), it was tedious to play hard difficulty. And the worst part? if you died, you have to do a lot, i meant ALOT of back tracking, since checkpoint system is terrible. There is save system, but AFAIK it will always spawn you in town.

This game is not enjoyable to me and i struggled to finish it. Most of the gameplay archaic design are boring and gimmick of destructible building get old and arent fully utilized. However, there are some nice challenges in the game though, although story campaign is simply meh.

Alternative : Just Cause series is way better in many aspect, and i feel like you want to play a game like a wasteland, borderlands series is better many part. As for destructible chaos game, not many game offered it aside from first Cysis game.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
still on Code Vein, trying to 100% it.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
If you pissed me of with your games, you know you did something wrong.

The First Tree

Im type of gamer who dont mind playing walking simulator as long as there is destination and journey to that said is worth the time. What happen if you remove both of the element? You get a game that needlessly designed so that you walk for hours in open world without any indicator in any direction you should go. There is reason why level design is so important, so that player experience feel more tight and the message can delivered properly.

The game, feel like trying to do deep with narration about life and hardship, soothing music while you walking as cute little fox. Yes, you controlling a fox that running around, double jumping, digging treasure, collecting stars.....for only 5% of gameplay and 95% of it is walking. You have no idea how many im cursing playing this game because im keep getting lost and needing to backtrack to other side of HUGE FREAKING MAP.

Short game, only about 1 hour and i hate all the time in it. This is type of message that couldve been condensed into few minutes short video, but needlessly stretched out to points walking.

Alternative : AER and Rime have slightly more gameplay with some puzzle, which at least more fulfilling to me. Again, Story about my Uncle, Firewatch, and What Remains of Edith Finch is more tight and more rewarding experience.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Playing Rimworld again. And if you do too, can check this video series - very interesting approach and very hard challenge :