What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
PoE new league starts today, anyone hyped ? ED trickster or bane ocultist still good ?
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Anonymous: wrote:PoE new league starts today, anyone hyped ? ED trickster or bane ocultist still good ?

Yes. Also, max roll ES tabula ggggggggggggggg :

Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Well. Lost Ark's "launch" was garbage.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
What happened ?

I am currently playing PoE with bane occultist. Honestly i like this new atlas map and additional skill forest for it. I heard you like skill forests, so we put skill forest inside your skill forest meme. And this time i am not googling "the best way to use your points/build/farm bla bla" , just doing what i like and how i imagine things to be. Will see how it goes. Bane is still strong, even on 4link.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
They shutdown the servers for the good part of today, they messed up the patch deployment. Seems like its fixed now tho so theres that.

Yes, Atlas rework is pretty good, much better than the mess of before. The Atlas tree isnt really something you can mess up forever, just focus on what kind of content you want your maps to have the most of. The NPC sells respec stuff anyway for it, each costs 2 regrets iirc.

Bane is still strong, just not a powerhouse like before or without serious investment, but its not garbage at least.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Finished Dark Souls 2. Garbage game. It's nothing like DS1.

- bosses were boring and easy (I finished most of them 1st or 2nd try)
- bosses were recycled multiple times
- lots of mechanics suck
- Maps weren't interconnected as in DS1 and there were almost no shortcuts
- For whatever reason the devs thought it's a good idea to let the player fight against 5+ enemies at the same time multiple times
- everything in this game is made to make the player feel miserable unlike DS1, which was fair almost throughout the entire game
- Enemies despawn when you kill them 10 times. It's simply frustrating to be stuck at some point and have the game tell you: "Oh, you suck at this game? Here let me remove those enemies that never deemed a problem to you." Most infuriating shit I've experienced in gaming so far.

Now I'm just waiting for DS3 to be on sale.

Has anyone here tried playing via Playstation Now on PC? Did it work well for you? I'd like to try Bloodborne in the meantime, hence I'm asking.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
@ParticuLarry
Just take note base DS2 and SotFS is very DIFFERENT experience.
It was remade because they want to address couple of issues with base game.
But sadly, they added tons of mobs in weird area, as well a freaking dragon just because of progression route.

As for non-respawning monster, you can use that 1 item to increase difficulty and cost of increasing soul level.
Farming giant lord is one of it it purpose (bonfire astestic?)

DS2 have fond memory in my heart
Mostly because I dont play it with controller, so 8 direction movement lock not an issue
The boss fight in 3 DLC alone worth the experience.
I replayed both base DS2 & SotFS and I can see some difficulty issues.

As for myself, I have been replaying old games to get 100% achievement. Like recently I just clear Shadow of Mordor which is fairly tough achievement toward the end which required like 40 hours. Several other smaller games before that i cleared, which took than total 10 hours each. Also clearing several games that I have installed but struggle to keep playing them despite I already like 50% main story progress in the game.

Genshin full time atm, mostly trying to clear spiral abyss with 36 stars. Thus I skipping current PoE reworks since I have only 2 new league I will tackle (ultimatum & expedition) as scourge not going to core. Perhaps I will wait until end of cycle or another 2 more league (depending if i got bored with genshin or not).
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Prime_Evil wrote:They shutdown the servers for the good part of today, they messed up the patch deployment. Seems like its fixed now tho so theres that.

Better to have a shitty launch for a great game, than amazing launch for a shitty one.
Lost ark looks amazing even tho I would probably never play it. MMO are big time consumers and time for games is something I don't have.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I see. Well, I played the Sotfs edition. Do you mean the dragon in Heidis tower?

As for bonfire astetic, since it also increases the difficulty of the mobs I don't think I want to use it when I'm stuck somewhere already :D I can see what you mean with the usage though.

What were the issues with the base game if I may ask? Because imho there were still lots of issues, like the weapon swing not being focused on enemies if you circle them despite active target lock on, basically missing my attacks because of that issue and making circling enemies in general a bad idea in this game. Or the bug that reduces the durability of your armor and weapon twice as much just because you run the game in 60 FPS instead of 30 as the original game did on console. Or the broken instant-hits of enemies despite the animation of the attacks barely starting, which made reacting to certain enemies almost impossible.

I don't know... I love DS1 so much, and I consider it one of the best games I've ever played but DS2 compared to that is so unrefined... It just isn't for me I guess. As for the DLC bosses, I didn't challenge them because I just wanted to get it done and finally be able to deinstall the game, because I didn't enjoy the playthrough.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Yes, you could join convenant of blue earlier & fight ornst... dragonslayer with no theme / dragon around in base game.

DS2 is not perfect, there are many small issues plaguing the game. It is more noticeable if you play on controller rather than keyboard / mouse like I did. Technical wise, it run much better at least compared to horrendous dark souls prepare to edition. You will need to mods to play it properly. I remember I have to changed a lot of settings just to get resolution right.

In the initial trailer, they want to emphasize on using torch as some area are just too dark so you need to decide either to bring shield or torch out. It was not needed in the base, but required in some area SotFS (I remember in the forest giant & the gutter) just like how you need light source in tomb of the giant in DS1. There is almost issue with iframe stats, where you need to put points into adaptive just to get right iframe count.

Best part of Dark Souls 2 is that it introduced much more fun elemental & spell playstyle, which felt clunky in DS1 (DS3 improved with weapon art / mana potion), a more dynamic pvp system (or more like pvp arena actually, just go watch youtube video at its height), a powerful dual-wield weapon playstyle, and again, perhaps most fun DLC bosses (fume knight or ivory knights).

Not greatest, perhaps I would say it is was more accessible than Dark Souls. It just SotFS increased the difficulty too much that it assume you played dark souls 1 / base dark souls 2.

*Seriously, please dont skip DLC bosses. Best part of DS2 is DLC.