What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Usually i completed a game until a completion or a metric where i can be satisfied, but not this one

This game is a board game with 4 players where the goals is to become new king of Armello via several way. The game have several characters you can choose where their stats will be important to around win conditions in the game. Since Im mainly play only on single player, i will just say that the game probably only scratching the surface compared to playing online multiplayer with other player. Basically because you can simply dogpile on 1st place while maintaining proper lead for your win condition.

However, as single player, Armello is shallow from my perspective. Mainly because the game emphasized a lot of roll dices rather than strategy. There are simply too many times where I tried compensate for some challenges, it still failed multiple times because of low probability (with limited way to counter that). Thus there are simply too many frustrating gameplay where i know i cant get the win condition, hence why i said i didnt "complete" the game, because one of the win condition is just too hard than other.

The game is good if you love to play multiplayer or have several friends to play with. But as single player experience, i rather spend time to play proper turn based strategy or rogue-like card games

Alternative : For more challenging board games, I suggested Tharsis. But generally, i rather play something like Hand of Fate, Slay the Spire or turn based games like Civilization V / VI series.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies

It's a strategic, turn-based, randomly story driven rpg with up to 5 characters that all start with nothing. It's currently on sale on steam and I simply can't emphasize enough how well executed that game is despite the fact that it's still an early-access game. The most particular strength is the story itself. You have an overworld map with certain areas, just like in games like Risk. Each time you reach a new area there is a new chapter of a story. Sometimes you encounter a magical tome that grants one of your people a unique buff for example or curses them, followed by a fight and again some story to resolve the current side-story. That means you can possibly receive unique rewards, levels and items for nearly every area on the map. One of my characters really had it rough. First of all she was scarred (randomly chosen in an event) which decreased her charisma by a lot and increased her "loner" skill by even more. Then a decision I took made her the laughing stock of the group which decreased her possible romantic encounters and at the end of one chapter I misclicked and thus killed her son in battle. I really feel for you, Flamla.

Another huge plus are the interactions of the characters among each other. Every character has a unique personality, which makes the story really entertaining when they talk to each other. From a cowardly intellectual to a sharp-tongued idiot, everything is present.

I played it in the J.K. Rowling mode (standard difficulty) and I found it a tad too easy. Despite that, I still managed to kill 1 character and made 1 retreat while in battle. So small mistakes are not forgiven. It's also great that the maps where you fight are always random, making adapting strategies necessary.

I finished the first story so far, and a nice welcome surprise gave me a relief: All characters from your final battle can be played again when you start a new story, all skills and items preserved. And you can even upgrade 1 of them in order to let him start on level 2. And what is quite unique is the aging system. When my heroes were at age 20 at the beginning of the game, they were around 50 by the end of the third chapter. There are stories with 5 chapters, so that's probably when some will die of old age and you have to replace them with younger, unleveled characters.

Honestly, I haven't enjoyed a game that much ever since I played Pillars of Eternity, which is imho worse than wildermyth, but still a great game nevertheless even though I'm not usually into the stories in games.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
PoE new league on March 13. Same day that new season starts on diablo 3.

Big F for diablo 3 on March 13. Huge mistake starting a season just as PoE league starts.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
What will happen in new league - atlas map cleaned ? In current league i tried this Sirius boss few days ago. And i think i am done with it for the moment. Basic game idea is clear, atlas map was around 9x/154 done, currency farming is ez, GM halls tried and opened few boxes. Overall good game, might try again, maybe some caster build.

Finished Age of Mythology campaings on steam for achievements. Played a couple of games against AI. Tried 1vs1 with a person - got rekt pretty hard.

Tried Albion Online - too much gathering, done trial area and saw the idea in the beginning. Not gonna play again.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Anonymous: wrote:What will happen in new league - atlas map cleaned ? In current league i tried this Sirius boss few days ago. And i think i am done with it for the moment. Basic game idea is clear, atlas map was around 9x/154 done, currency farming is ez, GM halls tried and opened few boxes. Overall good game, might try again, maybe some caster build.

Your characters will be sent to Standard league with everything you own and unlocked, but thats pretty much like nonladder for d2. Metamorph will become core as special event that randomly spawn on maps (i think 5% or 10% chance to spawn) as all other leagues that became core.

New league characters will have to go through everything again. Business as usual. This new league gives me some serious Breach league vibes which is nice, Breach was one of the best leagues on PoE imo. So yea basically Breach 2.0 with customizable skill trees. Theorycrafting just got a whole lot more complicated and unique, and thats good.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
bump.

new league in 15 minutes from this post. HOYPE M8!
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Building shadow char at the moment. Using viper strike as melee skill for bosses or single targets mainly and cobra lash as clearing skill. Almost feels like parasite necro :)
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Feeling cute, might Vaal it later.

always break vases in Temple tilesets!

ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Finally Borderlands 3 released on steam. It has quite the difference in difficulty compared to the predecessors, but I like it since it's never unfair. What I don't like are the many many bugs (like the stats on the items in the shop not showing and showing the stats of your own items instead. You would assume they should be fixed after half a year from release) and the weird quality of life things that were included in the first 3 installments and are missing in this part (like the stats on your weapons not being compared when you look at an item in your inventory/in the shop.)

The humor also went down by a degree. For example there was one side quest where the boss you have to kill organizes a battle royal for women to give them the price of having sex with him. Not only does it not quite fit the universe of borderlands (since it's not about sex, but about explosions and more explosions), but it also shows quite a lack of charm that the previous titles had. As if hey had to fill in a lack of ideas with sex. Because everyone loves sex.

The story seems to be recycled, which is imho a bad thing. It feels like watching Star Wars the Force awakens. For example one of the bosses you fight has a huge spaceship (like Jack had) which can fire a lazer to bombard planets (like Jack did) and he's also the CEO of a weapon manufacturing company (like Jack was). And the main villains have a god-complex (Jack had a hero-complex). But to be fair it's really hard to top the Borderlands 2 and Pre-Sequel story progression since Jack was such a unique character which turned the rather mediocre story into a fantastic experience as a whole. I can see why they would recycle many things from Jack, but to be honest it just feels lazy.

Another thing I like were the additions to movement. You can climb things now, you still have the downsmash from Pre-Sequel (in a weakened state) and you can slide (which I haven't used at all actually :D) In addition to that I love that you're not limited to 1 action skill anymore. That really makes the characters feel more unique. And lastly, I really dig the map design. It's not as simple as it was in the first 3 games. It's much more diverse, it's a lot more unique. And that makes the gameplay feel more alive then ever before.

Summed up: From a gameplay perspective, it's definitely become better. But bugs and a lack of creativity in the story makes me refrain from calling it the best in the series. Well, I'm enjoying my time playing this game so far.