What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Done with far cry new dawn. Calling this a standalone game and not a massive DLC to Far Cry 5 is retarded. Game's hella short in comparison to 5. Its like what Blood and Wine is to Witcher 3 in size, maybe even shorter because at least Blood and Wine has the side quests.

Now i wait until DMC5 and PoE new league i suppose.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Just finished Star Wars Battlefront 2 with its story DLC

I will try to see from 2 perspective: the story and gameplay. As lore wise, the only most promising stuff is the girl that asked by leia to go to outer rim at the end of the dlc. All missions are pretty much a bit jumbled up, from immediate time after end of star wars episode 6 until time jump toward starting of star wars 8. Obviously we got to play a female main character this time around, so we able to see from a badass elite empire squad until she saw the bad side the empire, so become traitor. Because the game is short and we havent got attached to her, this turning point weird from gameplay wise. Just like normal star wars moving, this is more about close group of friend / family with some major war as the background. Battle of jakku is the last mission, which explain why there is star destroyer in the star wars 7. Overall, i think the story is ok but I feel attached much to any character, although im looking forward toward the girl from the DLC.

As for game mechanic, i quite like the space battle and i really wish if they at least contract the studio that made it to bring toward other star wars story like roque squadron or any space battle from the movie. It is pretty quite intuitive to control the ship with mouse especially when u playing around with scale like flying around gigantic star destroyer ship. As for on land battle, the mission go around with various other character from star wars old trilogy and give them several ability that is unique to them. This felt pandering and unnecessary IMO because the timeline arent clear story only intertwined slightly with the main character. However, my biggest negative for this probably the stupid AI of the game. At highest difficulty, they still playing a zombie with no strategy to flank except for going specific point of cover. I simply hate on how precise their aiming and they seem can track where position is once alert, which made flanking not possible. The game have "stealth" system, but it just much faster to shoot all the enemy as it is quite unreliable.

Overall, i guess it is ok game. Not mediocre because the engine is beautiful and i liked the space battle so much. My other recommendation arent much since I dont play many game like this. For space battle, this feel like everspace. For land battle...i guess any other dice games probably.

EDITED

I made a long post yesterday about Virginia and it didnt saved...

Virginia probably one of the most engaging narrative based first person interactive move-like games that I have ever played. It is highly recommend you to experience this game despite the story might be confusing and feel like missing a pieces. Once you finish, then go read the game interpretation and see if the symbolism fit what you think about the games. The is just short experience of 2 hours, going day by day experience and it felt real.

If you hate walking simulator, i suggest you give this game a try. It is not exactly an open world walking simulator, but ur senses will be stimulated throughout the playthrough. Huge thumb the direction of the game, how they design the story flow / story board, the mood setup by the visual and atmosphere and last the animation itself. This game is told without use of any voice, and you personally will be able understand what the message the director have.

As for other first person narrative experience, I recommend Firewatch and maybe Soma again. For story based like, I suggest Oxenfree. As for weird mindbending twist experience : Layers of Fear... i guess.

EDITED NO 2

Finished Unravel

As i said earlier, this hearthwarming small yarn creature going on big adventure. There isnt any story in this game except that you as MC want to collect specific amount of yarn badges. This game have its unique mechanic of yarn (or rope) where you can pull an object, tied to make anchor, make a spring, make a platform, swinging and many more.The game mechanic isnt that deep to be honest, but just like many games I played for last 1 month, this is quite atmospheric game especially when everything else is a giant and you just a small creature running across huge ground.

Play this only if you really like puzzle platformer, or else there are many more that is better. I struggle a bit in the middle because Im not exactly having fun because of how basic the game mechanic are.

Other recommendation : Trine Series which have more action and ability to switch characters. Max: The Curse of Brotherhood also another similar game that I played. Lastly probably Castle of Illusion which have mickey mouse (although this is more atmospheric platformer than puzzle)
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Overwatch, and a few other single player games for now. New PoE league cant come anytime soon.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Played PoE a lot and last night my hc char exited fight on act 3 top of tower. Today i found this char in sc league. Is there a rule that you cannot exit fights ?
Anyways did learn great deal of stuff so far, game is nice graphics/sound/ect vise and a bit dull gameplay vise. Aoe skill spam all the time against dumb mobs in similar layout dungeons. Mobs have hard time if you stalk them by the doors or entrances, easy to lure, easy to smash. Act bosses did some challenge, but duelist with dual strike cursed gem has no problem there. Charge up skill on boss minions, release main atack on boss, walk away and reapet if needed. Already seen items with 4 sockets and this gives idea about further progress in general. Skill forest is meh - you are forced to decide in the very end which path you gonna play and stick with it.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
If all else fails tp is your friend to exit a boss fight and replenish pots. Also acts are a joke, literally the tutorial area to get extra skill points and respecs along with unique jewels on some rewards. Game starts after you beat story mode and start mapping to unlock Atlas nodes to get to shaper areas + shaper himself and his uber version (plus Elder at some point) . There's also a side dungeon called Apex of Sacrifice which you can go to by using all 4 different Vaal fragments on the map slots, it will teleport you to Atziri's dungeon where you can kill her, she drops some gg stuff that makes a lot of builds have a much easier time drugding through higher map tiers.

And thats not even including every league's gimmick though you start doing that while doing acts anyway. It's just that during mapping they start to matter much more. Maps go from t1 to t16. By t7 or 8 youre gonna start struggling with a build that clears campaign+ lower tiers ez.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Some youtuber whose videos I watch quite often bragged a lot about Dark souls, so I thought: Fuck it, let's give it a try.

Funny thing: Ever since there's the Dark Souls Remastered version (the one that many people say sucks), the original game can't be bought anymore. So yeah... Obviously the devs don't want my money.

So I got it in a different way (not the 70 € from ebay way). The controls suck so much lol. I died twice so far. Once to some skeleton because I forgot where the attack button is and basically jumped at him twice before running in a circle and getting hit for the 2nd time. The other time there was this freaking boss-like enemy right at the start. I saw only on my 2nd try that there's a way to ignore that one and run past him. And honestly, that broken sword you get in the beginning had soooo low damage lol. There's just no way to kill that demon with just that sword.

Haven't played much yet, but so far it's a funny game. I decided to play a mage, and hit enemies from far away. 1 spell = 1 shotting skeletons, so I got that going for me for now. I'm looking forward to actually starting to play the game xD
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Here is why DS Remastered failed :

A lot of what players had expectation-wise was not met, and some of the changes that did happen were retarded. To be 100% truthful its more in line of those last-gen ported games with upscaled graphics and framerate, even tho DS1 original was already HD, just not full HD. The term "remastered" got lost in translation right there. Some people expected a better fancier port than what the original was when ported from the consoles, and thats exactly what they got. Others expected something more like Resident evil 2 Remake which is a true reboot of the game, and got disappointed.

The original was as i mentioned a very very very very VERY VERY VERY VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY poor port of the game, seriously its godawful, lacking what you would expect to be basic features even in ports like increasing the resolution to 720p but nope, like consoles because its a console port, youre locked at 480p. You would have to use mods to get to that point eventually, sort of like bethesda'ing , but on a bad port. By the way the original stayed on that crappy state in steam until remastered came along. Remastered fixed this which is fine. However, another point of contention is Namco Bandai (the publishers) were only providing owners of the original with a 50% discount. Which means you either had it on your steam library before or pay full price. For essentially just a fancier port. A lot of people felt like this was a slap in the face, like Namco Bandai telling them "LUL PAY UP FOR A PATCH TO FIX THE ORIGINAL BROKEN GAME."

Thats the reason its got a bad rap. Personally i prefer the original on consoles better than the shitty port obviously, but i'd only consider the remaster as an upscale in gfx and fps to the original, but with new particle effects and slightly better shaders.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Hmm I see.

Well, my pc has some troubles. I don't know why, but my pc freezes very often lately. Even for games like Neverwinter or Dawn of Man which I tried both lately, my pc overheated and froze. Plus it's annoying to hear my fans going through the ceiling all the time. That's why I wanted to have a lower resolution and graphics in order to enjoy the freshly installed Dark souls, that's why I only wanted to play the original Dark Souls, not the remaster since remaster usually comes with a higher base resolution and more demanding graphics. And even then my pc froze yesterday again, and all of my progress was lost, so I had to start over today.

I did read the term "cashgrab" quite often in the reviews of the remaster lol.

I can fully understand though why you'd say the game is an aweful port. I literally couldn't open the first freaking door with my keyboard. Not a single button on my keyboard and mouse worked. Sso I had to try and get my old PS3 controller for pc to work. And even now the controls are aweful. Why do I need to press start in order to lock a target? Why do I need to press the right stick in order to open the menu? It's all just so confusing and is far from making any sense.

PS: I'll probably buy a real gamer pc in the near future. I'm just so tired of my pc freezing that often. It sometimes even freezes during defragmentation... which is not good for my SSD...
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Yep "cashgrab" seems about right. Its very suspicious when no DS2 remastered was announced yet or alluded, i wonder why, surely has nothing to do with the fact that DS2 is known for being the worst DS game in the trilogy, while DS1 is known as the very best. And yeah the port made everything play janky. Its just unfun to play it. The remastered fixed some of the annoying game breaking bugs of the port but not everything is 100% ironed out, like that one super rare bug in the original, Blighttown glitch, that makes your screen go black every time you use sprint on anything but the wooden walkways..... and if you die its a checkpoint on your status so....if you die and turn game off with that happening when you reload your character you wont see anything because its saved. This bug only happens very seldomly now, granted.

Also, this just now, nothing fancy but sure :

https://streamable.com/i54f1

https://streamable.com/bemi9
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Honestly, if I were a game dev I wouldn’t remaster a game that‘s not worth it, either.

And knowing about that bug is quite important I guess, huh?

Also dat name in your replays lol.

FYI: killed the first boss with 2 deaths. First time I jumped down and got stuck in the corner. 3 hits and I was dead. 2nd time I stood up at the cliff and shot my magic skills when suddenly that demon jumped and destroyed that cliff. I fell down and 1 more hit was enoug for him to kill me. The third time I used a different strategy again: I chanted my spells from the cliff and when the guy jumped, I jumped down. I only received some light damage from the fall but no damage from when the boss dropped to the ground again. Then I just ran away to the other side of the room and shot my spells at him until he was dead within 7 casts.

#easy lol

Now I‘m farming a few level ups in the next area. After that I‘l progress further.