What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Look who's place 23rd in the worldwide ranking.

https://www.ragnarock-vr.com/leaderboar ... wn/level/3
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Just small updates, i have been juggling couple of games & I cant stop playing genshin for some reason.

1. Far Cry 5
Probably one my biggest regret on AAA games. They streamlined so many good system in Far cry 3 and 4 to make it casual friendly. Difficulty is off as AI is stupid and cheating, despite I love to clear map marker, im struggled to continue playing this.

2. Slay the Spire
Just cleared Ascension 20 on watcher 2 weeks ago, it was a long 6 months journey playing it on / off. It required some luck and RNG to finally got a god run. Im pretty much cleared A20 with all characters.

3. Valheim
Another crafting survival that I dunno if im enjoying it atm or not. Unlike terraria (since i dont play minecraft), the gameplay is super tedious & slow. The progression for first boss is smooth, but getting super slow once you preparing for 2nd boss. Not to mention there is no option for smaller world.

4. Carto
Cute chill games with some puzzle revolving moving around map as jigsaw puzzle. Although I not always in the mood to play this, each chapter is pretty short 40 minute though.

5. House Flipper
Another chill game about refurnishing house. Clean up trash, paint the wall, installing furniture etc. The game pretty relaxing but I didnt have urge to continue playing once I finished the story / jobs. It have sandbox mode to furnish house + sell for maximum profit, and the achievement required this mode.

I still juggle many more other games, but rarely I have drive to finish a game atm. Same goes for watching anime, not sure im burned out or something else.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░░░░░░░░░░
░▌▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░▌░░░░▄███████▄░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░░▐███████████▄░░░
░░░░░le░░░░░░░▐░░░░▐█████████████▄
░░░░toucan░░░░░░▀▄░░░▐█████████████▄
░░░░░░has░░░░░░░░▀▄▄███████████████
░░░░░arrived░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀██████░░

Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Row your boat, pillage the land, beat big bosses
I have been itching for crafting survival since early this year, valheim was on my radar for a while, but i turned off because it feel like it was designed to be played with multiple player in dedicated server.

Turned out my assumption are correct. The game are what i considered a game that focus on realistic take on crafting survival genre, but a bit more emphasize on combat. In the beginning you will be playing in safe meadow biome, then you venture in more harsh biome. Going unprepared, you will be aspect to get killed alot. Luckily the game have you covered with ability to cook nice meal for buff, brew potion, make comfortable home and having vast amount of weapons & tools at your disposal. Each biome gave you tons of new stuff to use, it felt like unlocking new era of tech.

However the game biggest issue is everything is grindy, cumbersome & super slow. The game started slow, with ability to improve your skill the more action you have done. I have problem with its stamina issue, especially when you trying to resource gathering while surrounded by neverending enemy. You will be limited by your inventory slots & weight limit, making the game required a lot of backtracking. To make thing worse, everything is clunky from movement, your attack animation, your crafting, building & even dodging. There is portal to fast moving around, but you cant carry ore into it for "logistic gameplay"

I can only recommend vanilla version if you like to take it slow or have a friend to play with. The game is way too slow for my taste and it wasnt in relaxing way. The boss fight is interesting, but i really dislike lost skill progress and item drop on death, make it miserable if you die far away from base.

I used tons mods to make my gameplay faster and more convenient. The game probably will take you 100 hours unmodded, but i managed to keep low 40 hours so I can move to other games. The game is harder than dark souls, like for real.
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Prime_Evil wrote:im pretty sure i just fossil crafted the most insane 2handed axe in the league right now, for the second league in the row. i havent even crafted the rest of the affixes yet. hoping for good Betrayal and ex slams to reach 600 min deeps and 1000 max.

► Show Spoiler

Damn are they all T1? That's a crazy lucky either way... Did the ex slam work out?
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
IM IN SPAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
As usual, somehow i hooked with crafting survival games, especially if the game have missions to chase through from beginnig until the game. Seeing the game finally get 50% on steam winter sales, I immediately pull the trigger and buy it.

The game is probably what I can call minecraft in space. The huge part of the game is journey through multiple planets & find mysteries in each planets. Instead of multiple biomes in 1 planet, the biome diversity are mostly differed from planet to planet. You have desert, tundra, lush green, & the hardest toxic gas planet. The challenge mostly are related to find way to power your base, as each planet have different day / night cycle & wind speed. As you unlock more tech, you will able to travel inbetween planet to find more rare resource to build endgame tech.

My biggest issue with the game is how bad some UI design are. Example would be your printer, which you able to print building, tools or vehicle for you to use. Somehow in late game, once you have like 40 items, you have to navigate them by pressing left & right button instead of more intuitive menu design. The game biome different mostly between surface, cave & mantle level, but there are simply no reason for you to explore once you have enough resource as the game generous enough with multiple ways to convert your resources. I might even said it broke the game & make it too easy.

I admit, not everyone gonna enjoy this. I personally like its chill atmosphere & resource gathering. With no combat, your challenge is when you exploring in the beginning. Once you know the trick, the game became too trivial & easy. Even myself spend huge amount of time building big base (have nice automation), but it useless on larger scheme.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Will you two finally rekindle the love?

This game have been on my mind for a while, but since it is pricey so I was waiting to time to finally get a gamepass or EA play since it is just a game that I probably for once. But somehow my friend willing to buy, thus I dont need to spend a dime.

The story is pretty typical about a family where the parent argue to each other to get divorce. Their daughter, feel sad so that she made a wish to make both her parent able to love each other again. Thus the begin of journey of to get to know each other. The fun part about the game is because they became small dolls, everyday daily items suddenly became giants with more space for imagination. Game is fun, have a lot of "gimmicks" that most of them required interaction of both players.

The game is great, nothing bad to say about it. Personally I would say that game is no way game of the year material, but it is well direct and polished made it higher on very good tier. However because the game is kinda design for casual player, the game is easy and most puzzle are pretty easy to solve. The gimmicks also varied in the quality, some of them are super fun, but i get bored with various of the gimmick. The game tried to add stuff like minigames where both player can compete with eachother, but for me this is just a filler content.

If you have a friend to play with, get this game ASAP. The experience worth to play once at least. Perhaps I was abit harsh, but I generally get bored more than many other coop games I have played before.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
God of War PC port is pretty good.

Yes.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Finished Dark Souls Remastered.

What fascinated me the most is how all the maps are intertwined, and how you can open up shortcuts everywhere. That was definitely one of the more exciting experiences, finally realizing where exactly you are. The bosses are pretty decent. If you check out their movesets first, you can easily find out some points where you can safely hit them. That makes the fights interesting at first and gives you a feeling of success once you manage to kill them.

I also like how there's almost no music in the game. It adds to the athmosphere of a lone warrior in a dark area full of hostile monsters. The enemies are also quite challenging until you understand their movesets, and the importance of a shield and the dodge roll.

I made a couple of runs, trying to reduce my death count as much as possible. I finished the best run with only 3 deaths. The first death was me falling off an invisbile floor in the crystal cave xD I'm still wondering whether I should just go for a new game+ or start Dark Souls 2. I think a NG+ should be fun, though I would probably play the game through another time to pick up everything first.

There are 3 spots I hate in this game though. The first one is the archer silver knights spot in Anor Londo. I wish I could erase all memories of how terrifying a place that is. The second one is Tomb of the Giants. What's the point of making the player unable to see anything unless you magically know that you need to get a helmet from Lost Izalith first just so you can navigate that area? Horrible design choice imho. And the third one is the cliff below the bridge from the hydra towards the 3 cat mini bosses. That's the kind of spot where the developers must've thought: yeah, fuck the players.

I can forgive these 3 spots in an otherwise extremely awesome game. 10/10 would play again.