What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
bump.

my Cyclone/Phantasm necro can finally progress as intended after 7 fuses.

Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
1k ez pz
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Try to look from different perspective.

Im hunger for a puzzle / quick game to play, thus I immediately unlocked humble monthly for august and download this game. Im aware that this game will be short, but my question if it gonna retain the puzzle complexity.

The game have 1 unique mechanic, that object size can change depending on how you look at it. If you pick up an object, and put them at ceiling, you suddenly will be greet by giant object. Some basic puzzle required this to traverse to next room, like creating a bridge or a stair for you to climb. Then the game expand more by introducing a slightly different mechanic like ability to chance your size depending on how big the entrance & exit door etc. There is some narration in the series, but mostly just mentioned about how the "dream therapy" work.

One my biggest issue with this game is that the game is kinda forced you to find 1 specific answer. As someone who played alot of walking simulator, finding interactable / non interactable felt jarring. Most of the puzzle also rely heavily on this "look elsewhere, make object bigger" mechanic to point that is kinda repetitive. While game trick you a lot with its lighting & false wall, I feel like the game have lots its identity of what kind of games it wanted to be. If you sensitive extreme light & dark, you might find it slightly painful like i did.

This game is superb in puzzle & atmosphere, but because of restrictive & repetitive design, i didnt have problem with difficulty of it. The game get super trippy near the end, and that probably the best aspect of it, despite being super short. (I wont buy at full price though)
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Playing genshin atm after patch 2.0. Main reason i quit last time is because i couldnt force myself to play event or grinding artifact. Let just say it is long burnout after 2 1/2 month play same games. Sure, it will trigger FOMO not getting premium currency, but for me, the enjoyment of the games is mostly world exploration and collecting collectibles.

Thus with new patch, they gave us new region, Japan inspired Inazuma which replicate the warring era of shogun. The island is pretty nice to look at, that i think quite promising despite i saw the map size earlier and think that it will be too small for exploration. As for the story, it is quite engaging this time around, especially it feel you involving in something grand and I already understand the world more (compared to first 2 regions)

Additional, inbetween the game also added couple of other feature. First thing is the player housing. This is something extra to grind for, despite i dont like the duration to research specific blueprint (about 14 hours). There isnt much furniture yet for me atm, but i kinda like that you can hit a normal tree and it will yield some woods to create furniture. This also give reason for you to explore specific region to collect resources.

I have no idea how long I will continue play genshin, atm based on my date, there are 2 big important date which is 28 august. Either I go back to destiny 2 season or replaying Median 2.0 again after for how many years i abandoned it. Regardless, there is next patch 2.1 at early september so I probably play genshin for straight 1 month at least.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
PoE and WoW TBC on private server still. Nothing else going on.

Also, perfect roll Facebreaker just dropped (funfact, Bro Laz designed this unique) . Rolling Hollow Palm Raider soon it seems.

ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I continued playing some Ragnarock and FINALLY made it into the top 100 of the world with one song.

If you wonder why the perspective is so weird: I had to look at the leaderboard with the VR set while taking the photo. My keyboard was too far away for a screenshot.

I managed to get on place 98 on another song, but no top 100 is like the first.

It's still a low difficulty (4/10) but I'm getting there :D I managed to get silver medals on difficulty 7 and 8 songs already.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Playing Dusk.

Pretty good for what it's trying to be.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
So it is done, I cleared main quests for Genshin in Inazuma, so i can explain abit more depth.

1. Story
As grand as the story be, it ended with a cliffhanger which hopefully resolved in 2.1 which will be released on early september (1 week to go). Aside from teasing couple of new 5 stars characters, there are abit story about war & consequences of continuously fighting among the factions. Behind all of these, there are some mystic story on how the islands was formed, like why it covered by furious storm that zap you while you exploring. Some cleansing process & some boss fights, the sky became clear and finally i can clear the map to 100% it.

2. Exploration
As i mentioned before, the world feel more detailed this time around. 1st two region of the game while feel larger, it have tons of empty area that have too many empty spaces in between. Inazuma is smaller, but packs with tons of puzzles, secret stuff, as well as some lore about history of the island. We also have ability to use boat move around islands, which can be annoying at first, but at least most area are still accessible via flying / gliding.

3. Combat
Enemy are introduced in mostly samurai form. Since this is based on Japan, so you get lots of enemy of ancient Japan as well as several design for warring factions. The game also introduced the different element of enemy that already in game. If there are only ice + fire flower monster, now you have new type of lightning

4. Player's housing
Now i understand more how it work, this is actually pretty neat idea. If you played any mmorpg before, this is pretty much as close as profession you can get. You required to unlock more furnishing where it have give you increased gain for income & exp where you can gain even more resource. Best part is definitely ability to create your own farm. Additionally, you put your unused characters here to gain friendship bonus passively.

I definitely enjoyed genshin this time around. Perhaps i could see I played it more than 3 more weeks (first time i played like 2 months earlier this year), at least until I cleared 2.1 new islands. If you a new player, just take note there are enough content story wise for you to play for a month at least. This feel like mini-mmorpg right now, although the game reward you play slowly over long time.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Aliens - Fireteam Elite.

Basically Left4Dead , but in the Alien universe.

It's a lot of fun with friends. Alone with bots not really.

Recommend it if you're into Horde shooters and have friends to play with.

Imagine having friends. That's for losers amirite.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Prime_Evil wrote:Aliens - Fireteam Elite.

Basically Left4Dead , but in the Alien universe.

It's a lot of fun with friends. Alone with bots not really.

Recommend it if you're into Horde shooters and have friends to play with.

Imagine having friends. That's for losers amirite.

The old Left4Dead team made a new game called Back4Blood fyi. It comes with weapon upgrades and a system where you can add unlockable cards to your game (things like: Gain 1 life per zombie kill in melee or +20% shotgun ammo), to make your gameplay unique and have something to work towards.