What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Elden Ring Review 2 (still not final)

I feel like I did injustice to the open world of ER. In my first review here I looked at the open world as something bothering and boring. Sure, the map is quite empty if you consider there are a couple of camps where you get only a friggin mushroom once you've managed, but in a different way it isn't. There's so much to explore, even if it's not giving you BIS gear or something that's improving your game, you still get runes to level up which makes other content easier.

As for how far I'm currently: I'm about halfway through. That's mainly due to me noticing that strength builds suck in Elden Ring, so I started a new game. Though I basically ended up with a strength build again :D But this time with a colossal weapon instead of only a giant one and there are lots of benefits to it.

Anyway, after I started a second time I realized how much of a pro the open world is. You can basically just go wherever you need to in order to get stronger. You can run to where a good weapon is pretty early on, then head down into mines to empower it, then go to cealid to kill a boss dragon with extra exp gain for easy 100k runes, which makes playing the game a lot more comfortable in the first stages.

So the first time you play, you enjoy finding everything. The second time you play, you can easily get a headstart. The open world is good for both and definitely fits very well into this genre!

One reason why I didn't like the Open world to begin with was because there was something missing. The incredible map layouts Dark Souls is famous for (like small ledges you need to cross, and hidden paths everywhere). But these exist, too! The first time I hit stormveil castle I hated it. And that's why I love it so much. There are so many paths I didn't find on my first run, even a deep drop into the abyss where you can kill some monstrosity for a nice goodie. I just love these legacy dungeons. That's what I came for. And the open world supports it really well.

Anyway. The general consent of the community seems to be that strength builds are underpowered, but I'll see. I finished Ranni's questline for now and so far I haven't had any big troubles with bosses.

And thanks to the update that fixed the bug where the game didn't use the Graphics card, I don't have any troubles with laggs or the kind anymore. So these seem to be mostly fixxed.

So far I would definitely recommend playing this game. Just make sure to never step foot into deeproot depths.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Ghostwire Tokyo.

Eh...it's decent. People wanting a survival horror experience in first person will probably not get what they want out of this game, but for what it tries to be, it delivers. It's a solid supernatural themed game. Nothing groundbreaking or anything, so in the most barebones way possible :

gameplay kinda trash, very stiff controls and most enemies pose little to no threat even when surrounded and on hardest difficulty. the setting is fine tho.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I really want to do full review with picture & pro/con of this expansion for Dying Light called "The Following", but I just cant. I hate it, i freaking hate it so much.

Remember all zombie slaying & parkour your loved from main game? Throw them out of window, put into driving zombie with super clunky driving in vast open world map WITH NO FREAKING FAST TRAVEL. I did managed to the glitch to quickly move toward the objective, at that point I feel like I no longer enjoying the game, but more toward finishing expansion story for sake of "finishing stuff i bought". You saw me rage with far cry 5, and this expansion is pretty close to highest hatred i have with this game.

So what is the issue? The mission is typically few hundred meter away, which you can drive through with your buggy. Problem is, your buggy will get stuck on random stuff on the floor, and it will dead stop on its track when that happened. While mowing down zombie with buggy is fun, it doesnt feel rewarding like your own ability in the game. Not to mention your car will get slow down when you hit an enemy. There isnt much "humanity" in the story, but instead a cult which somehow miraculous managed to get avoid from turning to zombie.

As usual, I dont see I continue to hunt achievement in game that I dont enjoy. Even other boring / mundane games, i still can watch anime without worried much about game difficulty. This game is too clunky, too tedious in not fun way to way to me. And dont get me talking about the freaking last mission or the ending.

End of rant.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands.

This Borderlands spin-off is...........good. It's better than Borderlands 3 imo, but doesn't quite top Borderlands 2. However yea, it's good. 7/10
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Weird West.

I didn't like it that much. It doesn't know what it wants to be most of the time, either you're fighting regular cowboys on an arena or you're fighting zombies. I get that it's meant to have a supernatural theme but the way the fights go having you fighting regular humans and then monsters on the other fight is pretty jarring to me. That and you can't really create your own character. And sometimes it looks like it wants to be a cRPG like Baldur's Gate but forces aRPG elements into the mix. Idk, its just a very confusing direction.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Nothing major atm, just wanted to share that Green Hell final part for its Spirit of Amazonia just released.
Lets just say it worth the 1 year wait (although for us, it was like couple of months)
Finished final part within 13 hours, granted I played coop so most tedious crafting quest done quickly.

In other news, just playing civ 6 while waiting for final episode of attack on titan final season 2. Lets just say after many info i got from dedicated civ 6 server, finally it took me awhile to realized i need to play differently than civ 5. There are still many micro needed (which i dont like), but at least i understand why certain strategy are required. Just won a science games that i think took 5 hours, gosh i dont like to spend too long in civ. I wish we could go back to faster game like base civ 5 lol.

As for next step, no idea. Im not sure what game to play atm, havent got into mood because of IRL. Probably will go finish game that I have abandoned for months and finish it for good.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Beat Elden Ring for the 4th time with different builds for all endings, and i have to say that while all endings are nice the bad ending "Lord of Frenzied Flame" is my favorite, it has all the qualities of what makes an ending good for an epic if you ask me.

Man. Very few games get as hyped as this game did, and very even fewer live up to that hype, and even fewer of those exceed those expectations. This is easily one of the best games i've ever played. It's not even close. I cannot ever go back to playing Dark Souls or Bloodborne or Sekiro, knowing that those games aren't Elden Ring. Thanks for ruining it for me, Miyazaki.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
That freaking bird, your sleepless nightmare fuel

I accidentally saw a screenshot of this game, and noticed it seem like an interesting game ala Slay the Spire. Luckily, it was given as part of humble choice so I immediately install it and see what was the game all about.

Wow, the game is pretty unforgiving at start. Despite I have knowledge with many card game, this game really quite you to play alot of time to get familiar with the game mechanic. You go into each level, beat enemy, get gear, go to more levels and try to outgear your enemy. The challenge are the side area & and list of enemy that each have its own unique mechanic. The goal is so that you can survive while battling them, while trying to take as less damage as possible.

The game have issue that it required grind for it to get good later. I have seen some gear that unlocked later are much more powerful, so you need to do a lot runs & roll a dice to get that powerful gears. Despite the game is quite straight forward, there are some situation are deemed unfair, despite you tried your best. Even if you managed to get godly gear, at that point you strategic decision is meaningless since you already snowball hard & beat the final encounter so easy.

I dunno if I wanted to continue to unlock all achievements. Total playtime here are how long it took for me to get both ending, albeit i rushed several times. I still recommend it though, just be ready to grind many hours before it get good.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Vampire Survivors. Indie game made by one guy. Danmaku, except you're the bullet hell. Pretty addictive. A lot of stuff "borrowed" from old Castlevania games. Recommend.