What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2332 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Overwatch binge soon because event. Soon as in 20-24h soon.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Planned to write this review after finishing the DLC, but i just couldnt and I think i should share it earlier.
I just finished the single player for Borderlands : The pre-sequel.

Main focus is probably the backstory of Handsome Jack on how he became the villain for BL2. The story are told by outer protagonist who captured by BL1 vault hunter & the gang. So instead of playing on the land of Pandora, we are playing on the moon (cant believe i forgot the name) and the Hyperion Satellite itself which have capability to fire a huge laser on any surface (moon and pandora). Think like death star from star wars.

Basically the hyperion was under attack from group of mercenaries (soldier?) that wanted to take control of the hyperion satellite. Losing all hope, we (protagonist) are sent back to the moon and trying to regroup to take back satellite. So you pretty much start the whole journey walking around, meeting new npc, beating some boss etc etc.

But the question is, how good it is? Since it is used BL2, it tread the same repetitive looter shooter gameplay of BL2, but minus all the fun and quirky NPC that we get from BL1 and BL2. This time I play as Jack's Doppelganger which is the DLC character that kinda tell a bit more backstory and different interaction with Handsome Jack. However, there arent much memorable boss fight (aside from last boss) and cutscene. Even there are missing a lot of narrative element that occupying your ear while you playing around.

If you ask me, BL TPS is best to be played first before BL2 IMO, although it teased a pretty big world at the end of it. Because it came after BL2, it felt unnecessary and way too safe. I like the new mechanic of ground slam and oxygen / vacuum, but it isnt enough.

As for alternative games : I will suggest something that isnt main stream, starting with Hard Reset which have arcade FPS with weapon customization. Tower of Guns also feel pretty similar especially the feel of low gravity and jumping. I believe Shadow Warrior 2 also should be similar, but i havent play it yet.

*I was told that BL TPS Claptrap's DLC is one of the best, so maybe it could redeem itself later.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2332 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
welp, overwatch event this year was disappointing. nice intro and outro though.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2332 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
♂ This ♂ Took ♂ Forever ♂ To ♂ Grind ♂

https://streamable.com/xcgi8
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2332 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
mortal kombat 11
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Have been a while since i finished a games.

Finally finished Borderland TPS's Claptrap DLC, and I can stay that there are some interesting stuff they did with the 3d world. Almost like in matrix with mindbending and weird physical stuff in it. And it have like the biggest boss ever in whole franchise at the end. I barely beat it and luckily i was specced toward survival rather than DPS (I think it took me more than 30 minute for 2 final boss phases)

Another Neptunia series that I just 100%, which is called Neptunia vs Sega Hard Girls (hard = hardware). Just a bit history, in case u havent know anything about Neptunia, it was based on unreleased Sega console prototype called Neptune (saturn..neptune get it?). There are more back story for the main series, but this one, we have 4 different sega console and neptunia equilvalent (mega drive, game gear, sega saturn, dreamcast).

Games revolved around our protagonist IF (humanized of publisher IdeaFactory) and Segami (represent sega publisher) traveling around times from era of each console. Each era have their own unique problem that both of them tried to solved. You also got some time limit before the big bad boss start to eat the history (quests in the game). Once you run out of quest, then you have to fight the boss.

As Neptunia spin off, this games used like majority of the rebirth series thus, I can only recommend this when u at least finished Rebirth at least. There are several goddess that u might not know, but the games is kinda straight forward with their own quirk / gags. The time travel part concept is good, but it is kinda meaningless as you will come back with incomplete quests new time counter.

Other recommendation : Theme about retrying to defeat big boss = Trillions, which game made by compile heart / Idea Factory.

Still finishing single content of The Division and call it done (about ... 70% done)
Not sure if I want to play another 20 hours ++ single player games atm or not.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2332 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
finished mk11 story and all endings and even though the game looks cool im saddened to see one of my favorite fighting game franchises getting woke. its fairly obvious once you look at the characters themselves but 2 biggest examples are a reference to Trump's campaign slogan but with Outworld instead of America in context with Shao Kahn, and Jax's arcade ending where he actually says "i cant wait til people get woke" ........ and like i said thats only 2 of the examples. there are way more in the story mode alone. R.I.P MK.

wasnt planning on buying this game in the first place and now im definitely not going to support this politically correct bullshit. im going back to Smash Ultimate and Killer Instinct.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Gosh, finally finish the story campaign for The Division (from humble monthly)

Personally, despite this game is best game I can play while watching anime, I just realized how repetitive this game is and "not casual" than normal as it required tactical approach for each encounter. After playing like 28 hours, i finally say there arent much to see with the game as the story mission is sparse and I been wondering why did I do clear all marker on each regions. The world is nice as well as environment story telling, but there isnt any memorable in game for me.

The game all changes when I got to maximum level, main reason is because somehow I got Premium Lootbox at the start of the game, which Im assume because I have the DLC (from humble monthly too). Thus now Im a walking teminator clearing the rest map markers. There is probably some harder content, but im not sure if I want to grind until that level. And somehow Im also got a lot of high level stuff (think like unique, legendary and craft item from median drop from every monster) that made my struggle with gearing at low level much easier.

I personally dont recommend the Division if you playing solo. The fun part came way too late, only 30 hours in while the middle part is just boring quests after quests.

EDITED

Done all markers on map. I dont think i want to grind hundreds of hours for all achievement though. Not to mention that I dont like Battle Royale-ish survival DLC content. I tried dark content abit, enemy are way too tanky in it.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2332 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
grinding PoE trying to hit lvl 94 on red maps
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Was away from PC for about 4 days, and Im struggled to finish games lately, because I bought / installed too many games at the same times.

Finished:

Moero Chronicles
From my favourite budget tier JRPG developer (neptunia series), I know this series isnt going to be very complex or having production value. The concept is our MC with his partner have to go around the world to save monster girls from evil influence. The game are played like dungeon crawler (apparently it is quite famous genre in japan) where you walk around in dungeon, 1 tile at one time. So you build your team up of monster girls with their own unique traits and perks, trying to defeat the enemy.

The game play around simple elemental weakness, buff/debuff, Aoe spell etc, just like normal turn based JRPG. The gimmick here is the boss, where you can defeat them by ripping their clothes and rubbing the body parts to remove the evil influence. If you succeeded, then you can have the girl join your party. The another part of gameplay is to train your girl in the bed (well not really) where you can customized the girl's pantie which changing the playstyle of the particular girl. You could continuing giving present or playing rubbing minigames to increase the affection with MC. So pretty much the main part of games is to find the best team composition, gearing them up and try to tackle the harder dungeons.

However, as much as I loved the games for first couple of hours, the game became way grindier than I liked (I spent like 20 hours for 1 playthrough) which is unacceptable to me, I have to change the difficulty to easy thus i can faster reach the end. The main issue are how experience work and sheer amount of monster girls you can use (think like pokemon, but the feeling you want to capture all 151 and train them to level 99). So I just drop the game after ending and didnt bother to finish with 100% achievements.

Installed and playing atm:
1. Assassin Creed Unity - free from ubisoft for fire on notre dame.
2. Bayonetta - steam sale, hating for not able to rebind the controller
3. Vanquish - difficult, i should switch to normal / easy, not sure if i should play with pc / controller (i like fps / tps more with mouse)
4. Tooth and Tail - no drive to play this atm, about 50% done
5. Neptunia VII - finally i install the best neptunia main games atm, 50 hours journey to 100% achievement incoming.