What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Bought some unique maps and finally done it.

Advanced stash management OCD stuff:
► Show Spoiler
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2327 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Project Edgelord is going according to plan.

Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2327 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Beat Elden Ring + all its optional bosses.

This is FromSoft's masterpiece. As far as setting and "story" if you can call it that goes, my favorite FromSoft game is still Bloodborne, but Elden Ring is their best "soulsbornering" game so far by a mile. This game is amazing, even tho the PC port is really badly optimized, it can get really bad with framedrops sometimes. Luckily there's a fan made mod that locks the framerate so that wasnt much of a problem for me. It was well worth the wait, and it's up there on my GOTY 2022 list. Realistically tho, it might not win GOTY since these kind of games are too niche to be up there with the likes of say, God of War or Horizon Forbidden West. I highly recommend any FromSoft fan to buy this game.

Now...If only Sony would port Bloodborne to PC so i can 100% it there as well... Do you like money, Sony?
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Prime_Evil wrote:Beat Elden Ring + all its optional bosses.

This is FromSoft's masterpiece. As far as setting and "story" if you can call it that goes, my favorite FromSoft game is still Bloodborne, but Elden Ring is their best "soulsbornering" game so far by a mile. This game is amazing, even tho the PC port is really badly optimized, it can get really bad with framedrops sometimes. Luckily there's a fan made mod that locks the framerate so that wasnt much of a problem for me. It was well worth the wait, and it's up there on my GOTY 2022 list. Realistically tho, it might not win GOTY since these kind of games are too niche to be up there with the likes of say, God of War or Horizon Forbidden West. I highly recommend any FromSoft fan to buy this game.

Now...If only Sony would port Bloodborne to PC so i can 100% it there as well... Do you like money, Sony?

That was fast :D Nice 1

You could theoretically play it on PC with PS Now if you have a PS4 controller. But I stopped Bloodborne after the 1st boss because of a permanent delay of 0,2 -0,5 seconds since it's only streamed to PC.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Reason for world destruction : Nuke, fanatic, and WOMEN

This is short spin off of Far Cry 5 which I deemed as one of the worst game I played recently. So the main question is, why would I play the spin off back to back when it will surely will be disappointing?

Turned out I have a blast. My issue with the game previously was lacked of progression, this game emphasized on progression in form of tier level. You weapon are weak at beginning, become super OP at end game, as you can endlessly upgrade it. The game also encourage you to walk on ground the first, then keep improving your arsenal. The game also introduced a lot materials that you can gain from various interesting activities, like attacking strong outpost and go to expedition to gather resource.

If I wanted to say the issue with the game, perhaps the game would be too "sandbox" for some people. Most unique experience only came from story / side missions, but other than that you are pretty much use your powerful weapons against huge horde of stupid AI. But thankfully, despite AI cheating here, the hard difficulty is more manageable than FC5. Hence it can feel repetitive as there 10 outposts & 7 expeditions which you need to complete 3 difficulties. Main villain is mostly annoying and I dont care pretty much.

Despite I enjoyed the game, I dont think I can recommend this to everyone. I kinda like the sandbox, the progression, the world but some other people might find the story is too boring, so you decide it yourself. Whatever it is, I recommend this more than FC5.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2327 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
welp , Elden Ring just reached 12 million copies sold on steam alone in just 3 weeks, previous FromSoft best seller was Dark Souls 3 in that time frame with just 4 million iirc, seems like FromSoft games aren't niche anymore, haters!

game of the year for sure, i had Returnal as my GOTY before but now theres just no contest.

playing Dying Light 2 right now, its uh.....i guess the Parkour is nice, the combat seems a bit more of the same out of DL 1 though. idk.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Can you work your way out.... together with your bro?

After playing game "It Takes Two", apparently my friend also bought the predecessor game which is this game. So we get together and play from start to end in multiple sitting.

If you heard / read from internet, you know this is one most genuine take on more story focused co-op games that put into 2 different perspectives. Both character entered the prison and together they found out that they are hunting for same person. As the player, you with work together in multiple situation from inside prison and after they both escape it. Best part of the character are when they both share their moment, their family and the several intense encounter with enemy throughout their journey.

However, just take note because this game is meant for most people, generally I considered it is on easier side. There are couple of interesting puzzle here and there, but it is still easy to figure out as the objective is being laid out for your convenient. Though the game is what i considered solid gameplay wise, there are some part i felt clunky, mostly where it related to its cover based & detection avoidance. Thankfully not many of those section and didnt ruined whole experience.

If you have close buddy to play this, I definitely recommend this. Dont play with random person as it will ruined the concept. Try to play it as blind as possible without reading any guide (i tried abit to judge how the long game, so we can take a break for another day).
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2327 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
So yesterday was my day off. After real life stuff went by including all chores and checking out my car at the mechanic yesterday i got home and booted up Horizon Forbidden West. I already was a big fan of Zero Dawn so i might sound a bit biased here. What is there to say about this game in my experience : the graphics look phenomenal, it really pushes the limits of the PS5, it's next level shit. The foliage, the facial hair, even the fur on armor looks very realistic, even the way your arrows will wobble in mid air and then when stuck to a target, it's a treat for the eyes, though sometimes there's one too many god rays but thats a nitpick of mine. Very good voice acting probably some of the best i've heard in a while. Movie quality even. There's so many weapons, like almost too many. It can be overwhelming just to put your finger into what you're supposed to be using for certain enemies. That's not necessarily a bad point of the game mind you, i'm used to a lot of weapon choices especially coming fresh from Elden Ring. There's also a lot of gadgets (basically items that change your gameplay sometimes just a bit , sometimes significantly) .

The bad part : Story, not necessarily that it's bad but its pacing is really bad. For a game that's story driven they should've spent more time perfecting it rather than having a dick size contest on the graphics. There's a lot of exposition sometimes unskippable, and most of the times it takes you out of the game, one second you're having this epic fight vs a massively huge robotic dinosaur thing then the action stops and theres a sudden "oh boo hoo my mom left us when we were 13" or some shit like that. It's very jarring with that sudden change of atmosphere.

Yea, overall its a solid 7/10. It's a very good game if you can look past the pacing. Maybe next year it'll be ported out to PC hopefully in a optimized shape, but that's wishful thinking.

Elden Ring is still infinitely a better game.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Half goofy, half serious, bland executions.

Bought the platinum edition during recent steam winter sales, and if you read my IRL update, you know that I suddenly got plenty of free time. After finishing multiple open world FPS, i dread to play another one (coop games doesnt count).

You need to know abit about predecessor of these game, which called "Dead Island". While it is not a sequel, the developer reuse some of the concept and added more serious story as well as a parkour system. At first, I kinda like the idea because we dont have many first person parkour based game, thus it will be interesting at least to move around. The combat is abit rough, but it will get better as you unlock more skills & get more gears with powerful mods. Enemy are genuinely terrifying, especially if you tackling the game at night, making it a nice risk vs reward gameplay.

Oh boy, I will first say that this is probably my 2nd hated games after Far Cry 5. Not because of boring gameplay, but because of how many outdated / weird design decision this game have. Example, you supposed to move around fast around scavenging loot & gear, but you will have to wasted alot of time watching opening chest or doing freaking slow lockpicking minigames. The parkour system also failed or at least didnt work as I wanted that lead me to deadly fall to death. Sure the story is serious, but there are just too many NPC that just retarded or stupid.

I will personally say that I hated & rage quit alot more than many other games combined. While I made a mistake playing hard at beginning, the issues I have with the game still exist in normal difficulty. Play it only if you a masochist.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2327 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
iwansquall wrote:Half goofy, half serious, bland executions.

Bought the platinum edition during recent steam winter sales, and if you read my IRL update, you know that I suddenly got plenty of free time. After finishing multiple open world FPS, i dread to play another one (coop games doesnt count).

You need to know abit about predecessor of these game, which called "Dead Island". While it is not a sequel, the developer reuse some of the concept and added more serious story as well as a parkour system. At first, I kinda like the idea because we dont have many first person parkour based game, thus it will be interesting at least to move around. The combat is abit rough, but it will get better as you unlock more skills & get more gears with powerful mods. Enemy are genuinely terrifying, especially if you tackling the game at night, making it a nice risk vs reward gameplay.

Oh boy, I will first say that this is probably my 2nd hated games after Far Cry 5. Not because of boring gameplay, but because of how many outdated / weird design decision this game have. Example, you supposed to move around fast around scavenging loot & gear, but you will have to wasted alot of time watching opening chest or doing freaking slow lockpicking minigames. The parkour system also failed or at least didnt work as I wanted that lead me to deadly fall to death. Sure the story is serious, but there are just too many NPC that just retarded or stupid.

I will personally say that I hated & rage quit alot more than many other games combined. While I made a mistake playing hard at beginning, the issues I have with the game still exist in normal difficulty. Play it only if you a masochist.

There is a way to fast travel in this game, kinda, and only works on quests that you can track. Go into the quest log , track a quest, exit the game, then click Continue at the main menu and the game will spawn you in the vicinity of the quest you were tracking. It's a bit weird and counterintuitive but that's how to do it.