So. What alt-coins are you investing in?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
What’s your portfolio like and what makes you confident in your investments? I recently bought into IOTA, Electroneum, Crypterium, and Ripple. Any suggestions?
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
>willingly scamming urself

kek
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Aspirine101 wrote:>willingly scamming urself

kek

Is that so? You do realize they said the same thing about ethereum, BTC, and litecoin, right?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I always buy the new gold coins (Euro). I invest around 110€ for a 100€ legal gold € that can be used either for casual trading in a supermarket or sold to numismaticians for a much higher price. Those coins are usually worth much more right after obtaining them due to their authenticity certificate.

For example: the German 100€ gold coin from 2002 is already worth 531,70 € (link for proof (it's in German though): https://www.scheideanstalt.de/deutschland-100-goldeuro/ ) So yeah. Where else can you get 400% on your invested money in only 15 years?

Other than that I'm a friend of the Islay distillery Laphroaig, which grants me access to buying special whiskey of limited editions that are only sold to friends of the distillery. I have 2 of those whiskeys now. I got the first one for 150 € (0,33 l only :D) and it's worth around 300 € now after only 3 years.

What makes me confident? Well those gold coins don't lose the value since they're made from gold. The higher the gold price goes, the more I'll have when I finally sell it. Thanks to their different imprintings, they'll be worth much more, but it basically can't drop below the original investment. That's why it's very safe.

And concerning the whiskey: There will be idiots who drink their bottles or open them and thus they'll lose value. But when those people do, my whiskey will gain value. So yeah, it can only go up as well. Luckily I lost interest in opening the 2 bottles since I already tasted those whiskey on the whiskey festival in Berlin.
nikolaipka
Core Lord
380 | 17
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
BTCZ :)
danemaster
Fallen
1 | 0
I havent invested in bitcoin becuase as the saying goes "dont panic buy and dont panic sell" , so I understand that if I would buy coins right now, KNOWING there is no actual marketvalue in the currency, and the only real investment idea is in the block chain technology, then i couldn't justify to myself that there is a reason i would buy bitcoin specifically (which means I would be panic buying). Ripple is different in that it has an actual purpose other than just currency, however it is not decentralized, so im not a huge fan, however seems like the smartest investment, but is also currently in a huge bubble, so it would also be a panic buy.

Once there is blood in the streets and the market compensates for the overvaluation of cryptos, and all prices plummet.... and Bitcoin falls to ~6-10k, I will invest heavily, but until then I wont invest a dime (keeping my money in brokerage account getting 11% annually in this great market!)

Also if you are invested in bitcoin or any crypto and after reading this post dont sell your bitcoin as that would be panic selling, just wait it out after a huge drop if there ever is one, and hopefully many years from now it will be higher than ever. Or if fear gets to you just set a stoploss at 30%
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Invested heavily into these :

ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Voodoo wrote:I wonder what your crypto mood is now after the bitcoin fever of 2017 :) Lots of my friends started investing into BTC but when it when down from 20k most of them left cryptomarket.

The thing with crypto is: nobody knows.

While Bitcoin has had its halving only a few months ago, the following bullrun is still not in sight, which comes down mostly to chinese bitcoin farms slowly releasing their bitcoins to the public to keep the price low. Due to the US economy being raped atm, I don't see enough buying power in the market to overcome the next hurdle. If Corona really hits hard with a second wave, I don't think Bitcoin will go over 12 k this year. But well, Corona is an exceptionel circumstance. If it weren't for that, I'm sure Bitcoin would go straight to 40-50 k until november next year (since that bull run usually lasts around 1,5 years) if not more.

As for alternatives that have convinced me aside from Bitcoin:
Miota: Huge potential and already many contracts with energy corporations.
ADA: Has just recently had an update that made staking possible. The price shouldn't get much lower than it currently is, since many people are holding and holding to get their profits. In Germany this falls under taxation, which is why I don't stake. I probably should, since it's still a profit depite taxes, but meh, I don't want to get in trouble with the tax office and even they have no idea how to tax that.
Aside from these 2, I see some potential in XLM, TRX and XTZ.

And one hint: never buy XRP. It's a rip off. It was at around 5 Dollars per coin when they suddenly started flooding the market with billions of coins and make it worthless. That's what you get from centralized coins. Only invest in decentralized coins.

Whatever you invest in when it comes to cryptos, pull out all your investment in 1 year and 2 months, since that's when the big fall will begin.
Jekajio
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
ParticuLarry wrote:
Voodoo wrote:I wonder what your crypto mood is now after the bitcoin fever of 2017 :) Lots of my friends started investing into BTC but when it when down from 20k most of them left cryptomarket.

The thing with crypto is: nobody knows.

While Bitcoin has had its halving only a few months ago, the following bullrun is still not in sight, which comes down mostly to chinese bitcoin farms slowly releasing their bitcoins to the public to keep the price low. Due to the US economy being raped atm, I don't see enough buying power in the market to overcome the next hurdle. If Corona really hits hard with a second wave, I don't think Bitcoin will go over 12 k this year. But well, Corona is an exceptionel circumstance. If it weren't for that, I'm sure Bitcoin would go straight to 40-50 k until november next year (since that bull run usually lasts around 1,5 years) if not more.

As for alternatives that have convinced me aside from Bitcoin:
Miota: Huge potential and already many contracts with energy corporations.
ADA: Has just recently had an update that made staking possible. The price shouldn't get much lower than it currently is, since many people are holding and holding to get their profits. In Germany this falls under taxation, which is why I don't stake. I probably should, since it's still a profit depite taxes, but meh, I don't want to get in trouble with the tax office and even they have no idea how to tax that.
Aside from these 2, I see some potential in XLM, TRX and XTZ.

And one hint: never buy XRP. It's a rip off. It was at around 5 Dollars per coin when they suddenly started flooding the market with billions of coins and make it worthless. That's what you get from centralized coins. Only invest in decentralized coins.

Whatever you invest in when it comes to cryptos, pull out all your investment in 1 year and 2 months, since that's when the big fall will begin.

Completely agree with you about XRP! I read on some forums that some time soon it will cost over 1000$ per coin. That was funny. And a lot of people believed it. I hope that we are about to witness the next bullrun so it is high time to make some investments into crypto. But which coin to choose that is the question ;) and here is the answer https://primexbt.com/blog/invest-in-cryptocurrencies/ Hope it will help you! 8-)
Edited by Jekajio 3 years.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ADA and TRX had 17% and 8% gain yesterday. I already thought the bullrun begins, but we need to wait until Bitcoin hits over 12 k. Only then can we finally start the bullrun. And it's currently stillat 10600.

Yeah, I made my first purchase in XRP when it comes to crypto. I invested at 0,32 and it dropped down to 0,19. Worst investment I ever made. Afterwards I started reading more about crypto and realized that XRP is something you should just stay away from.

As for which coin: There are so many that it's hard to choose the right one. If everything goes wrong, just invest in Bitcoin. You may not have that big of a profit with bitcoin, but it's what leads the whole crypto market. Except maybe TRX and some cryptos whales put their money in. Spreading your investment over several different things is always smart.