Other Diablo II mods

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Same here, I wish that Xaphan will be able to finish le royaume des ombres one day, there is always that one topic from kingpin which makes me believe that Xaphan will finish his mod.

Don't have a screenshot but currently started to play a little bit of Voidstone, looks interesting, and finally latest version of Battle for Elements works fine so I can test it a little bit. :cheers:

BfE:
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Reckoning mod

Can download from moddb site or join the discord and get all info from there. The creator is same person as for Puppeteer mod.
General idea/summary - this mod is different from all other mods in one specific way. This mod goes from 0 to 100 very fast in terms of getting ridiculously overpowered gears, like armor with lvl 30 conviction on equip or +7 skill amulets. But that will not make you overpowered because enemies get buffs and immunities too. Game is split into two parts basically - regular run through acts which is speed up with a chance to level up to 70+ in act 2 normal dungeon where you get xp and set drops. Second part is ubers after you done acts. Ubers are divided into tiers from 5 to 1, each tier up - tougher mobs, more immunities, dmg, ect. Each tier gives materials to craft gears and use them for next tier. Step by step you reach tier 1 and later tier x. And win. More info about ubers and crafting - here.
Advantages:
Differet approach to balance issues ! Godly items and tough challenges.
Has realm, discord, ect.
Skills are reworked, synergies, ect.
New items, rws, materials, crafting, uber dungeons.
Still in progress - things improved and update
New concept of quest scrolls (collect items from mobs, cube with scroll - get rewards)
Disadvantages:
Grinding one tier until enough mats for gears to be able to survive next tier

Screens:
► Show Spoiler
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Battle for elements

Just started it - so review is not full and complete information might come later. General feeling after few days of playing - very slow pace of advancing through mod makes it almost feel like adventure type of rpg rather than mindless hack and slash. I remember playing it years ago with bowzon and having some luck. So this is not full new mod for me, but i forgot most of it.

Advantages:
New map system - a lot of content to discover. New places to go, new mobs to kil.
Unique torch system - light up torches to make areas brighter and more visible - realy nice feature.
New runes, rws, class weapons, socket materials and so on.
New crafting system, a lot of things are hidden and left to discover while playing/guessing.
Plugy works - free restats, respects, ect.
New type of mercs - A1 javelin zon that uses poison skills \m/

Disadvantages:
For now mainly one - slow progress. Skill tiers are x8 and xp is super low. Players 4 is default but can be modified to players 8. Maybe i picked wrong char, probably summer type will do better. But if you go melee - expect to use simple atacks all the way until lvl 8 or lvl 16. And there is no real way to rush it, since chars have low hp, mobs do hurt and slow-n-steady wins the race.
Gearing problems - you will end up picking every magic ring/amulet/jewel in general and cube them forever since 10xblue = 1 yellow, 10xyellow = 1 unique. Heaven for hoarders like Segolia who picks everything :)

Screens
► Show Spoiler

Will be continued...
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Act 2 done. A little bit dissapointed, less puzzles and new areas compared to Act 1. Xp grind is still slow, mobs do hurt and item repair prices are driving me nuts.

► Show Spoiler
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Ancients done and Baal left. Found more portals to new areas, lots of new mats, monter blood, fragments and so on. Monster dmg becomes more and more random, sometime you are surounded and can keep leeching to survive. And next moment Shenk comes in and two shoots you...
What else is new and great about this mod - monsters have two phases - kill one and it becomes a new enemy (check screens with frenzis boss).

► Show Spoiler
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Normal difficulty done.

► Show Spoiler
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Two new discoveries from moddb - first one is Necromatus. Not much to say about, just that it is very easy - cube blue into yellow, yellow in unique, drops insane, ect. No challenge.

Second - Escape from Afterlife. Unique approach, lots of stuff to discover, lots of cancer challenges to figure out, ect. One simple example - the weight limit. You get items/charms and best ones have weight penalty. More weight you got - slower you move. Also new class of items - life bound stuff - it dissapears if you die :twisted:

► Show Spoiler
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
That Escape from Afterlife seems interesting. But is it worth it to install another copy for second drive?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I picked up HU again. It received a big update with the latest patch. No more potions, you have regen based on your max hp now, no more ubers in normal (and possibly nightmare), which is pretty good because all you did was run trough them after overleveling and overgearing af, which still took a lot of time. But the charms are still there from a much easier and faster source. They are also in the proccess of reworking bosses to make them more interesting.
Also, there is a solo patch released with the current version. 50% reduced enemy life, and 20% reduces enemy spell dmg. Here is my character in nightmare just after completing normal:

► Show Spoiler

If anyone is interested to play on the mod's server, as this is balanced around multiplayer, just pm me :)
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I'm interested. Just need to setup my Diablo. Haven't never tried HU but should't be too hard.