Other Diablo II mods

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
kingpin
Prowler
17 | 2
You Can try out project Diablo 2 or path of Diablo. Both keep vanilla feeling.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1437 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Hell Unleashed 2.6 is coming in possibly 1-2 months, most likely the biggest patch in the history of the mod. For those who don't know, HU is a multiplayer based mod, focused around epic bossfights. Game mechanics are a little bit similar to clod, but the game plays much faster, and its much more fun, tons of new areas, bosses, skills, items added.

Most boss AIs are reworked, they wont just sit there and melee the tank, they will be a lot more exciting.

Huge item changes. Previously, there wasnt much to do about scaling dmg on a phys build other than grabbing a weapon with as much dmg as possible, now crit chance, crit dmg, and +%stat mods will be a thing on item, allowing you to scale your damage. Spellcasters also didnt have much to scale dmg, now energy will be a really useful stat to scale spell dmg, like in mxl. Item tempering is introduced, they will be kind of similar to how mystic orbs work in mxl, allowing you to fill missing stats on your gear, and some will be purchasable from vendors, and some from bosses only, i cant wait to know more about this new mechanic :)

Mana mechanics are also reworked. Classes will now have fixed 100 max mana, and mana regen. There will be skills with 0 or really low mana cost, and then big skills with big mana costs. No more mana pot chugging on attack builds at very early levels :) There will be items that give you more max mana, mana regen, or reduced mana costs, those will probably be best for casters to use big skills more frequently.

This is all the spoilers that i know of, so far, and I am very excited about them.

I'll come back if/when we know more, and i hope i got you interested, if you never heard about the mod before. Having more ppl play this is always good, because you cant just sit in your private game alone, because soloing big bosses like actbosses is extremely difficult, if not straight impossible.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Please tell more about HC scene there :D
How about hp rework ? And xp changes and will you ever be able to solo stuff after you overlevel a bit and get better gears ?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1437 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Anonymous: wrote:Please tell more about HC scene there :D
How about hp rework ? And xp changes and will you ever be able to solo stuff after you overlevel a bit and get better gears ?

We will have to see for ourselves. Bosses will do more than just slapping you and throw counters at you apparently. Also over leveling was removed in the current version, there is a severe xp penalty when you are over enemy lvl, and when you are 5 lvl over enemy lvl, you get 0 xp. I guess you could lvl more on bosses since they are higher lvl, but that would take ages.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Not an Aprils fools joke, but Eastern Sun mod is releasing new updated and new season starts tomorrow. There is an option to play on realm. I have played fresh char before reset two days and this is how it looks:

► Show Spoiler

For more info - check this topic, ES is already mentioned here with screens and youtube videos. Basically mod is influenced by Japan culture. New items, cube recipies, dungeons, some end game content and so on.
They have discord and old database which will be updated:
Discord
Database
LoDAlphA
Jungle Hunter
25 | 1
Thanks to Anonymous for bring up Eastern Sun Rises. Our patch was just released and the Realm will reset at the 01.04.2021 6 PM CEST (4 PM UTC). You can find everything else on our Discord.

I can also recommend HU. Silvermàne is putting in a lot of work recoding the game. If you like a challenge you should really try it once 2.6 is released.

Cheers
AlphA
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
So a feedback after a week? of nolife with Eastern Sun. Nice mod with few unseen quality of life features inside the game: custom loot filter and auto stocker - are two main things worth mentioning. Autostocker is amazin feature which stores random materials/gems/runes into containers with a single click of your prefered button. Automatisation at its finest.
There is also nice and stable realm, couple of dozen people play. Nice and small community, so far there is always and active game or two to join or ask for help. Also discord for random questions and showcasing your loots.
New skills and new items enable more builds than classic clod which is also nice but in some cases untested, so you still have a chance to hop in and break the game in your own way :)
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Got my old laptop mod folder on new pc. Time to test which ones are working, 11Gb of good stuff:
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Can't see my mod there, blasphemy
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I don't remember seeing you releasing it... :scratch:

@Anonymous

Are all those mods available on andsimo's server?

Since I see some I could test maybe.