Other Diablo II mods

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
dark-soul
Vampiress
36 | 10
ZyEl mod should be mentioned too... only downside is it just runs at version 1.11
But it has a insane crafting system with 1000s of cube receipts... the documentation is around 67 DIN A4 long, and if you print this out for better handling, you have 1-2cm stack of paper in your hands^^

Will never be playable with high res. Has many modded areas, many new monsters, and various new items and maths. Skills are left normal, except the cap of 20, changed to 100.
Cap of Char.LV 10000^^
Cap of /players x difficulty changed to 127 (nice for leveling and farming items) :D

During gameplay, the difficulty might get noticeable higher from one area to the following, forcing you to overthink your current build/equipment.
Interessting for those, who have more time and patience for char development, because just to become able to clear "a1 stony fields normal difficulty" (its not a special area, just a normal one) in a slow way, you might need around 10-12 hours of gameplay, to get so far. As beginner proberbly 15 hours.

That mod would deserve a MP-section or community too, like here in median in my opinion. But its maybe a bit unbalaced (too difficult) in many areas and overall. I started to cheat then, after around 50 hours of gameplay with one char (i still was in end of A3 normal difficulty with my necro) with copying/backupping the stash to dupe the rare and most expensive crafting items... and did this ofc till every maximum (+skills/+stats/+%dmg/+IAS/+FCR and so on) was completely reached, or simply till the game or char crashed due to overmaxed stats^^. And i did it with all classes. AND THE ONLY CLASS WHICH EVER GOT THROUGH DESTRUCTION DIFFICULTY THAT WAY WAS THE JAVA-ZON...

Its something for hardcore perfectionists which many time/patience/dedication. But rewarding and very interessting in many points...
Although nothing in terms of lore/background was added/changed in that professional way, we can see in median, so its not a real alternative to median, but a nice foray for gamers who love the extreme.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
I have a lvl 266 paladin who done normal difficulty of Zy-El. Mod is really unbalanced in terms of items - rws in charms, crafting system lets you make almost anything on items. /players 127 and you get better stuff from chests than mobs :D also cows have immune mobs that need life drain ability or resurect skill to res mobs with life drain ability. Otherwise you cannot kill them. Sad.
Only nice thing i remember from Zy-El - collecting pictures parts and cubbing them to get full pictures/posters.

p.s.: please don't cheat and if you do - please don't mention it. Thank you.

p.s.s.: minmax andy is a big no no - super fast, healthy and with poison clouds that drain hp to 1 in few seconds. Farming quest mobs for class charm upgrade. So far got 3 and each time charm gets +1% str/ene on it. Meh. Plus each quest mob comes with a pack of mobs, all of them have teleport when taking dmg, hit hard, have good hp regen and defense. Basically small aldric jitans from mxl. On good side - at lvl 20 each char gets find item (33%) and teleport. Yay ?

► Show Spoiler
kingpin
Prowler
17 | 2
Talic wrote:Yes, Xaphan is currently re-working skills as I know.

Also, mods that are going to be updated soon are those two by SheX i.e. E=mc2 and The black parade. :-D

And don't remember what I read anymore but I think that Dark Alliance is getting some updates soon.

And still waiting for that diablo 1 mod for diablo 2, but I guess we will have to wait a little bit longer, but it is at least in the development.

You are right we working on new patch for dark alliance. We trying hard release it on 23rd december. This will include a number of patches we worked on internal + a special event.

You are also right Xaphan is back working on his mod.

2019 will probably be as awesome year for mod players as its been in 2018. Keep more mods coming!

Also, dont forget buy It Lurks below and support David Brevik (creator of diablo 1 and diablo 2). He working on an impressive solo project game and doing multiple patches weekly. Game is like Terraria meets diablo.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Tell more about Dark alliance mod, i never heard about it.

Minmax act 1 done. What can i say ? Realised second time this year that act 1 amazon merc fits my style a lot. And in this mod i gave her best stuff - almost all gear is those sick uniques and just teleport around while merc does the job. Randomly i take out shamans and other ranged mobs just to help merc out + tank bosses with pots.
► Show Spoiler
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
dark-soul wrote:ZyEl mod should be mentioned too... [...] it has a insane crafting system with 1000s of cube receipts... the documentation is around 67 DIN A4 long, and if you print this out for better handling, you have 1-2cm stack of paper in your hands

is that supposed to be a good thing? :D
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
void wrote:
dark-soul wrote:ZyEl mod should be mentioned too... [...] it has a insane crafting system with 1000s of cube receipts... the documentation is around 67 DIN A4 long, and if you print this out for better handling, you have 1-2cm stack of paper in your hands

is that supposed to be a good thing? :D

You can always use that in this case.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
lol, sure. do you know if all of the recipes are useful?
imo it sounds unnecessarily complex, its not like it improves monster slaying experience...
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
All of them ? No, probably not. I recall using stuff to socket items, runewords and poster recipes. That alone was enough. All other recipes is like having an item editor inside the game. Take any item, remove all stats, add your own desired stats. Kinda kills the whole "kill stuff to get stuff idea".

Anyways minmax mod (or should i call it mini_aftermath_mxl_other_mod) - lightning enchanted mobs are also bugged in this mod. Almost like in ... AfterMath mod. And quest 11 mob is cow king which ... a copy of BPR. lel. To get to Duriel you need to gather staff and amulet (normal huh?) and cubing them gives teleport tome. Which is one time use only and if you failed and leave game - next time go and gather items again pls. Fuuuuuu. Duriel has shower of rocks skill, charge and leap atack, which mod again ?

► Show Spoiler
dreameaterx
Vampiress
35 | 1
Anonymous: wrote:
► Show Spoiler

The stronger the weaker the aura...
Sprechen sie english ? :lol:

Also the /red before the name, unsuccessful attempt to make his name red... :mrgreen:
kingpin
Prowler
17 | 2
Anonymous: wrote:Tell more about Dark alliance mod, i never heard about it.

Minmax act 1 done. What can i say ? Realised second time this year that act 1 amazon merc fits my style a lot. And in this mod i gave her best stuff - almost all gear is those sick uniques and just teleport around while merc does the job. Randomly i take out shamans and other ranged mobs just to help merc out + tank bosses with pots.
► Show Spoiler

I leave that up to players to do, I find this thread special interesting as it talks/plays/shows alot different mods.