Fastest Diablo 2 LOD speed run in 22:09.120 / 33228 frames - Any% segmented theory run

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
igloosPat
Cultist
20 | 3
Hi,
I have made a Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction (1.13d) speed run where I have tried to find the most optimal way of beating it, using all means possible in the game.

This is a segmented run, meaning the run is done in segments and put together later. Unlike RTA's, each segment is ran and recorded many times, sometimes over 100's to get the desired result.
This is a heavily (ASTRONOMICALLY) luck manipulated run, meaning the run takes full advantage of the game's theoretical limits and parameters.
This is a human played run, meaning no tools were used to execute the speed run.

This means; no 3rd party tools are used during this run, no hacks, no cheats, no impossible drops or items. In other words, everything you see here is 100% authentic and legitimate, and you could in theory boot up your game and do this run on your own installation right now and emulate this run precisely.

This is only created to serve as entertainment and a proof of concept for a theoretical optimized Diablo 2 LOD run. This is in no way created to disrespect the great Diablo 2 LOD segmented speed runners or RTA speed runners or anyone else for that matter.

There are however some obvious time saves. I am not going to mention all, but I know that sub-20 minutes is easily possible. This comes down to:

- Better maps
- Execution
- EXP routing
- Item routing
- Put 10% FCR instead of 10% FHR on Circlet.... (this mistake lost 500 frames = 20 seconds)

The final times are as follow (in-game game play):
Act 1: 9941 frames / 06:37.640
Act 2: 11100 frames / 07:24.000
Act 3: 3981 frames / 02:39.240
Act 4: 2507 frames / 01:40.280
Act 5: 5699 frames / 03:47.960
Full run: : 33228 frames / 22:09.120

Non-commented run: https://youtu.be/4nEBKLKrUYs
Commented run together with MrLlamaSC: https://youtu.be/Mia7tKcQcrg

I hope you enjoy it! :)
- igloosPat
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Damn, that was pretty good, I particularly liked the way you straight up destroyed act 3 from start to finish. Good stuff! Now get that sub 20 time!
ELBOWgrease0000
Cultist
23 | 4
just curious have you messed at all with using "-seed####" command line switch to optimize map layouts for the procedurally-generated maps?
ive been tracking various seeds #s for like farming runs for example, was wondering if a seed# on my comp would generate the same map layout on someone elses's.
pretty sure that it would/should, cuz i think thats its purpose.

point being you can use a specific seed# to generate (re-generate) a specific map layout- for example a very short run, or advantageous blink location- to practice with and use on your runs.

u tried messing with this and if so, care to share any good seeds?
DerWeedologe
Lava Lord
94 | 2
I found a old Thread Seed Command Use

i havent tried it yet.. but here is what they say:

1. type in -seed command with map number
2. save & exit (I don't do anything after game is loaded, no runs, no killing, no talking to NPC, nothing)
3. remove -seed command
4. load character like normal

If I follow these steps, I help ensure that dupes don't happen. :thumbsup:
jrlafrance, Jun 16, 2006