Addiction

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Maphyr wrote:Addiction is no joking matter. I lost someone very close to me 2 years ago due to alcohol and drug addiction, cirrhosis of the liver is what you have coming your way if you don't find help.

And fuck everyone here who looks down upon those who need help.

I also lost my mother, uncle and cousin to chirrosis, terrible and painful disease. Painful to watch as well.
koffi
Sasquatch
60 | 0
cLoD was actually the most addictive game I ever encountered. I remember checking my mothers work schedule regularly to maximize my playtime, waking up even bit before she left to work at 5-6 in the morning so that I could jump out of the bed and start playing. Heck, I even skipped the classes I would have normally overslept through, just to play. Sometimes I even left school early so that I could get to destroy demons in sanctuary. I didn't even want to go out with friends as addiction grew and LoD became the single most important thing in life. And, as my mother warned, it came to be that even my dreams started to resolve around diablo. Enigmas, über diablo, torches and such. Luckily girls began to seem appealing at some point and that's what finally got me away from computer and d2, but not for good. Never for good..

Rather meaningless wall of text, which was surprisingly therapeutic for the writer to think through, in spoilers.

► Show Spoiler

In a nutshell: drugs are bad if you don't know how to use them responsibly and recovering from their side-effects might take a while, mmkay.

Jampula wrote:Sadly now in prison. Didn't go so well. Not about the above.
Don't ever make anything stronger. Of course depends on country and state.

What motivated you to go for that? :-D I would guess easy money, but need for high quality speed would also be understandable.
How long sentence you got and where are you carrying it out?

And was it you or some of your friends whom had their lab explode not that long time ago?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
koffi wrote:cLoD was actually the most addictive game I ever encountered. I remember checking my mothers work schedule regularly to maximize my playtime, waking up even bit before she left to work at 5-6 in the morning so that I could jump out of the bed and start playing. Heck, I even skipped the classes I would have normally overslept through, just to play. Sometimes I even left school early so that I could get to destroy demons in sanctuary. I didn't even want to go out with friends as addiction grew and LoD became the single most important thing in life. And, as my mother warned, it came to be that even my dreams started to resolve around diablo. Enigmas, über diablo, torches and such. Luckily girls began to seem appealing at some point and that's what finally got me away from computer and d2, but not for good. Never for good..

Rather meaningless wall of text, which was surprisingly therapeutic for the writer to think through, in spoilers.

► Show Spoiler

In a nutshell: drugs are bad if you don't know how to use them responsibly and recovering from their side-effects might take a while, mmkay.

Jampula wrote:Sadly now in prison. Didn't go so well. Not about the above.
Don't ever make anything stronger. Of course depends on country and state.

What motivated you to go for that? :-D I would guess easy money, but need for high quality speed would also be understandable.
How long sentence you got and where are you carrying it out?

And was it you or some of your friends whom had their lab explode not that long time ago?

Great sharing! I'm free now, I have a great lawyer so it was just a slap in a frist and Finlands justice system is a joke. Mostly it was money as addicts are generally desperate to pay, then again I'm addict too so... yeah. And fiancee was involved.

My lab didn't explode.

Propably shouldm't talk about these things, but only few people know who I am here.

Edit:
I didn't realize you're a finn too, I was first at Saramäki (also known as Kakola psych ward) then at Käyrä.
koffi
Sasquatch
60 | 0
Jampula wrote:Great sharing! I'm free now, I have a great lawyer so it was just a slap in a frist and Finlands justice system is a joke. Mostly it was money as addicts are generally desperate to pay, then again I'm addict too so... yeah. And fiancee was involved.

My lab didn't explode.

Propably shouldm't talk about these things, but only few people know who I am here.

Edit:
I didn't realize you're a finn too, I was first at Saramäki (also known as Kakola psych ward) then at Käyrä.

Money is great motivator ;) I thought that drugs could get you into jail for a while pretty easily even in Finland, but I assume that amounts were moderate enough. And what I've heard about Finnish jails is that they're pretty easygoing places, not too much violence(besides some certain groups) and possibilities to get educated are decent.

I also realized after posting that it's not probably too polite to ask about such things, especially since internet is not anonymous and all that.

Psych ward must have been an experience especially in penitentiary. Only person whom I know that has been in there had done some pretty nasty things, but I hope he has gotten better since that. Surprisingly enough drugs played big part in his case also.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
koffi wrote: Money is great motivator ;) I thought that drugs could get you into jail for a while pretty easily even in Finland, but I assume that amounts were moderate enough. And what I've heard about Finnish jails is that they're pretty easygoing places, not too much violence(besides some certain groups) and possibilities to get educated are decent.

I also realized after posting that it's not probably too polite to ask about such things, especially since internet is not anonymous and all that.

Psych ward must have been an experience especially in penitentiary. Only person whom I know that has been in there had done some pretty nasty things, but I hope he has gotten better since that. Surprisingly enough drugs played big part in his case also.

Drugs can get you away for a while especially if you make them, but I was first-timer, so they let me go pretty easy. I would also had a lot longer sentence If I didn't have a mental thing, so it helped.

Psych ward wasn't that bad. I mean it's torture kinda but still helping. And don't believe some Arman shows about finn prisons, they actually can get pretty rough.
koffi
Sasquatch
60 | 0
Jampula wrote:
Drugs can get you away for a while especially if you make them, but I was first-timer, so they let me go pretty easy. I would also had a lot longer sentence If I didn't have a mental thing, so it helped.

Psych ward wasn't that bad. I mean it's torture kinda but still helping. And don't believe some Arman shows about finn prisons, they actually can get pretty rough.

Hopefully you learned enough to not to go back, or at least how to avoid getting caught :) It's pretty tough area of business though and causes lots of paranoia though, which is not too helpful with mental things of any sort.

Never watched Arman for longer than couple minutes, most I know is what I've heard from inmates that I have spoken with. Limb restraint and heavy amounts of drugs is pretty bad from what I've heard, causing more mental problems than solving. But one can not work too long in psych ward if they feel too much empathy for patients, so I would guess that majority of employees have bit of psychopathic or sadistic personality traits.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Yes I've learned my lessons, whiskey and coffee are my only bad habits. :)

People working there must be at least sociopathic, but they just try to do good. At least that's what I liked to think. And the people they try to control in there...

I'm just a small-timer.
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
The slot machine disguised as diablo has been a pretty serious ongoing addiction for me for the past 20+ years.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
-