Dream of an uber

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
hi, i just woke up and had a dream of an uber.
in terms of mechanics it seems similar to collecting the scrolls and ring for the ring of pride at the void uber but idk if it was a remake of that uber or a new one.

the setting is on a big map in river of flame style. however its not a river (coherent path), its a lava sea with individual, larger islands in it. the uber is also divided into multiple maps (like 4-5) that can be accessed through portals like the one that leads to the kabraxis uber.
as with the void, the objective of the uber is to find a number of uber bosses and kill them for their reward. however for this uber, its unknown (and random) where the uber bosses are located (at all. all there is to know is that they are on the islands and that more than one boss can be located in a level).
another "cool" (imo) feature of the uber is that the uber bosses are actually visible on the map like hadriel is in the river of flame (basically a red cross with the bosses name above it), however this red cross isnt actually created by the boss itself, but rather by an invisible monster that cant be killed and is just there to mark the spot, that wont move or go away once the boss is dead. this is simply for style and to make it easier to locate the bosses since the levels are so big.

thats it. more of a design than a mechanic dream, but well. hope this was at least a little bit entertaining
Darthaghar
Pit Knight
112 | 10
void wrote:...

Reminds me of an uber I dreamnt of called duncraig ! it had 100% chance to drop sacred base items (any quality) and for some reason all the mobs died in 1 hit :mrgreen: :roll:

,but for some reason the barrels instead of staying stationary... they chased you down in a reasonable speed and try to catch up to you as best as they can almost as if there was a hidden force controlling them behind the shadows
► Show Spoiler

but there was a secret about this place...there was this random Father clock right in the middle of the map and every once in a while it would start dinging and the barrels would go *insert epithet* :bounce: :bounce: and that would be an event called "Happy Hour"

Well my dream was not so flashy but you get the idea xD I saw myself farming Duncraig and I got real lucky for some reason... :D

Also I really love your randomness idea but why would there be a map ? "Void" means nothingness so you would think there is "nothing" in that uber except things that want to kill you... inside empty black space
► Show Spoiler
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
xzmnick
Abomination
153 | 0
That actually sounds like that vanilla RoF uber.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
so basically your uber is like kabraxis/void?
I don't see anything new there?

edit: lol tetris effect. yeah it's exactly that
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Darthaghar
Pit Knight
112 | 10
Prime_Evil wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_effect

Hey don't laugh about it or underestimate Tetris!! xD I know a Tetris player which might blow your mind :-]
playing Tetris for him is like typing 160 WPM (I think it stands for Words Per Minute http://play.typeracer.com :mrgreen: )
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Mine was about ennead challenge being a different boss for each class. And LC2 another boss in the same area.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Darthaghar wrote:Reminds me of an uber I dreamnt of called duncraig ! it had 100% chance to drop sacred base items (any quality) and for some reason all the mobs died in 1 hit :mrgreen: :roll:

,but for some reason the barrels instead of staying stationary... they chased you down in a reasonable speed and try to catch up to you

thats awesome lmao :lol:
xzmnick wrote:That actually sounds like that vanilla RoF uber.

what does rof stand for?
Quirinus wrote:so basically your uber is like kabraxis/void?
I don't see anything new there?

youre completely right quiri, there is nothing significant to my dream in terms of gameplay/uber mechanics. what was really great was the atmosphere of it, thats it . and well, dreams have their ways of twisting perception and i cant show anybody what the experience was like, so descriptions are really all there is to it, and in all honesty, killing a bunch of bosses in huge levels will in reality turn out to be a totally mundane experience :|
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge