Low Level Universal Set?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!

Would you like this set or not?

Yes
43%
No
43%
Maybe
14%

Total votes: 7

MJA1521
Bone Archer
77 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I think a awesome idea would be to make a universal set that is able to work at let's say level 1 or 20 that grants you a small boost to all 4 stats, resistances and exp bonus but slightly goes up with every level and stops at 100?

It would work like Heirloom items from WoW or Ensorcelled items from Neverwinter.

The set would be universal as well so no weapon since many classes need a specific weapon to use certain skills.

Main reason behind this is for 1 it would be a set that you can use at a low level, and leveling new characters up to 100+ is rather boring until you hit Hell 100+. The set itself would be pretty valuable since everyone loves making new characters and to have a set that gives you all you need aside from weapon/offhand who wouldn't want that?

Maybe since the stats scale with your level until 100, they would be unsocketable and can't be mo'd to kinda balance some things out.

Just an idea, would be cool to see it come to life but at the same time I know it might be hard to do something like this.

Thanks for reading. :)
lazyknob
Balrog
126 | 6
Slippery slope... I'll pass.

When an achievement takes a long enough time investment in a game, as mundane as the reward is even for a title, it's an achievement.
Make it a little easier, it becomes a chore and everyone starts bitching about it.
Make it even easier, people start questioning why the fk is it even there? Are the Devs stupid? Remove that piece of sht.
Am I exaggerating? That's pretty much WoW is for the past few years.

Take thunderfury as an example. Used to be rare as fk. Some servers didn't even see one back in the day. But if someone got it, damn congrats even if you didn't know him.

Fast forward Legion, the legendary trinket bis for almost all classes. Somehow every other friend you have has one but you don't. They play one toon, but you raid on 6 toons every week but kaput. It makes you bitter. You blame RNG, you start shtting on devs again...

Varying degrees of time investment or rarities have very obvious spirals into a turd splatter.

There are players who do SSF, let's not spoil it for them. Sieving through piles of rubbish loot is part of its charm.
MJA1521
Bone Archer
77 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
► Show Spoiler

I can see what you're saying but I also said up to level 100. Anything under 100 isn't even worth it. I along with 4 other people I know don't even start a new toon until we got the ACs for the gear and upgrades. By the time we hit 100 we'll have t4 uniques and it's off to bigger better things.
If the set only gives you bonuses until 100 then I see it more like a "speed through the fodder" set.
It would be valuable because it would be the first low level set in the game that would scale with your level up to 100, you would save gambling time and ACs for Tier Uniques and it would get you to 100/Hell as fast as possible.
Let's face it, level 100+ and Hell is honestly the only place we want to be. There's really nothing aside from 2 leveling charm quests that we have to do in Normal and Nightmare.
It wouldn't take the fun away, as a matter of fact I think it would add to the fun, letting you get multiple characters to Hell and level 100 in no time at all.
When people farm the gear for a new build/toon they want to make all they can think of is "I want to get them to 100 as soon as possible."
Well this set would help them do it.
lazyknob
Balrog
126 | 6
I'd be interested to know how Hardcore ladder players would feel about this.
Frankly, I'd rather the Forum Shop sell level 100 characters rather than change the game itself.