Diablo II Resurrected 2020 ...say what?!?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Sound like everyone trusts this random french site and their "anonymous source". I see no credible sources and the entire video you posted has literally no information outside of heresay and is not related to median (which is what the general discussion is meant for).
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
tbone503 wrote:Anyone actually believe this might be legit?

Well, nobodys knows for sure of course. But the name alone makes me think it might as well be possible. Warcraft 3 Reforged for example had a very specific theme when it comes to naming the remake, since what you do is building up all your armys, looting artifacts and so on. So "Reforged" fits very well to the theme of Warcraft 3.

The same goes for "Resurrected", since it's a constant theme in the diablo franchise. Necromancer, the constant revival of the Prime Evils just to name a few.

Plus, Rhykker said that the guy who leaked it also successfully and truthfully leaked other things before this information was revealed. So it could indeed be true.

In addition to that Blizzard essentially ruined their reputation when they announced a mobile diablo. The best way to regain the favor and the trust of the playerbase is to give them what they always wanted: Not a Diablo 4, Not a mobile Diablo, but a remaster of the original diablo 2.

Add to that that blizzard announced at their last blizzcon that they're working on multiple diablo titles aside from the known ones.

Also, after the disaster of the mobile diablo they recruited many new people for a new, unannounced game in the diablo series. It could as well be Diablo 4, but well it's likely that the bosses quickly acted and just decided on a remaster in order to gain back the trust they lost with mobile diablo.

So putting all these hints and clues into perspective: I think it's very likely that Blizzard is working on a remastered Diablo 2 (though they seem to leave the remaster to a different company which is also known for other remasters as mentioned by Rhykker in his latest news update video). But whether that really is true, we'll have to see.

I guess for more reliable information we have to wait at least until the next blizzcon.
Maphyr
Acid Prince
47 | 1
I think it's true... but until Blizzard says something about it, it's just rumor.

I don't have much faith in Blizzard these days and I honestly believe they will find a way to fuck it up somehow, like they did with the WC3 remaster.

Also, my problem is that I don't think I'll enjoy going back to "normal" D2 after playing MXL.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Looks like IGN has some summer event on June 6-8. People speculate that Diablo 2 Resurrected will be announced at this point in time since it's been 20 years since Diablo 2 was released. So it might be only 3 weeks until we know more.