When did you guys first find out about median?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
mosamo
Abomination
145 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Title explains it all. When and how did you guys first get exposed to median? I found the video of aerials run of all the ubers in median 2008, this was in about 2009 or 10, didn't start playing until a few years later though.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide

the first median video i watched. it was about 8 years ago, it was late in the morning and i was nearly passing out from tiredness. it was a featured youtube video and at the time i didnt think i would ever play this. the first time i played was like 2-3 years ago
mosamo
Abomination
145 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Nice, I think a lot of people found median through aerials videos.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Used to play on a clod private server along with bnet, this guy who used to play there told me of this "mod" scene for d2 suddenly booming , and linked me an early version of median (which back then was the latest) , this was like in 2008.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Back in 2010, I registered to ModDB to upload my own mod (General Enhanced) and I was curious to see what was the deal with Median XL since it was one of the most popular (if not the most popular) mod back in the days. First version I played was 1.F9d and then I dropped it once MXL Omega was out.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Uhh that was many years ago. Played Diablo with some friends LAN, then played Median with some friends LAN, 2 of them kept dying to witches in A2 start area, we had a very hard time doing LC2 ^^ since my friend read it wrong - we tried Tfauzt then stopped. One friend kept playing and some weeks later we talked, he had killed dest Baal. So I played it with him LAN. We did so once every year but we often stopped mid way.

Once you have done all ubers within one ladder you should be able to replicate that within a week.
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
A friend showed me the mod around 2008, don't know anymore where he found that.
KaliszM
Prowler
16 | 0

This was the very first median I've played around 2006. I always enjoyed mods over normal Diablo and somehow through some polish Diablo fansite I found out about Median in the download section. I was always total noob about median, but stil I was always coming back to it. I remember that I was playing with one friend by Hamachi and I was even making polish translations for forum users just to make them more familiar with it LUL. I was just a kid back then and I didn't have a clue what am I doing, later I found out forums and everything became a lilbit clear to me. Still just a casual player, but I'm so happy to stick with this mod for so long.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
About a year ago.

Saw some YT video about rumors of a D2 remake. Someone in the comments mentioned Median. Didn't even know D2 modding was a thing. I'm not a gamer, but I loved playing D2 as a kid, so I gave it a shot. Started playing a week before Challenge Season.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Around 2007 when I was 12, was playing lod via hamachi - some dude told me to install mod so I did. when he showed me his shower of rocks baba killing robots in fauzt, I was instantly sold. It's been a decade playing median, quite a deal :)