Life, nostalgia & other things.

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Jampula wrote:^ That reminds me that somewhere around 1.D/F9 I actually feel nostalgic. I was in the army then and it was nice to relax and cheese the crap out of the many bugs of the mod and farm with op throw assassin/soulshatter necro.

Still I'm glad it's getting more balanced every patch.

maxblock barb with 2k dex balanced af :lol:
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Solfege wrote:I think how you feel is natural, Somnus. Especially going through all the shit you're going through right now. I don't think indulging in a bit of nostalgia from time to time is a bad thing, as long as a person doesn't become consumed by it. It can sometimes be of great comfort during times of great stress. But it's a double-edged sword. If a person indulges too much, it can make them pessimistic, or even depressed.

Time is an endless path upon which we're forced to walk ever forward. Sometimes the path is smooth and straight and the road ahead is clear. Other times it's treacherous--rocky and winding and dark. Sometimes we hit what seems like a dead-end: an apparently insurmountable obstacle--be it a giant boulder or a vast chasm--that prevents us from moving forward. It's in those times when we can draw comfort from thinking back to when the path was smooth and straight. But it's a false comfort. It only seeks to ease the despair brought about by our current situation. So, we have to decide: do we stay where we are, satisfied with how far we've come, and live out the rest of our lives fondly remembering the "good old days," or do we push forward, knowing the path continues on, but not knowing what's on the other side? Some people are fortunate to have met other travellers along the way who can help them--even if those people ultimately don't follow. But in the end, the decision how--or even if--we proceed is ours alone.

Sorry if this is corny or makes no sense or just sounds like a bunch of metaphorical bullshit.

It makes a lot of sense, dont worry. Answering your post, Im not depressed or anything, I just got that feel and ''mehh'', kinda like I accept it but I dont want to have to. In fact, I believe I'm a possitive/happy person, or thats the image i have of myself ><!

Jampula wrote:I rarely feel nostalgic as my life was full of shit until I turned 18 and moved on my own. Of course there are still some stuff, like the mentioned tv-shows, Biker Mice from Mars was awesome in my childhood (especially the laughable finnish dub :D)... now when I watch those new versions of it with the gf's kid it just makes me sad.

This is the kind of topic I have to return later when I'm alone and have some weed and whiskey. Too deep for sober me.

Hey, I created this post while high on morphine, it was just floating around my head to say something about it, so I did. Answering to your ''too deep for sober me'', sadly it isnt deep enough for my sober me, so I can still keep going deeper :LUL:
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
mahitovec wrote:maxblock barb with 2k dex balanced af :lol:

Touche :D

Somnus wrote:Hey, I created this post while high on morphine, it was just floating around my head to say something about it, so I did. Answering to your ''too deep for sober me'', sadly it isnt deep enough for my sober me, so I can still keep going deeper :LUL:

I just never discuss about deeper stuff. And no offence, but aren't you always high on morphine? It's highly addictive opiate, and from personal experience stopping or even lowering doses makes you fucked up and you wouldn't be writing on forums.
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
'The ether was waring off. The acid was long gone. But the mescaline was running strong. Good mescaline comes on slow. First hour's all waiting, and then about halfway through second hour. You start cursing the creep who burned you because nothing's happening. And then... zang!'
'Come on now, let's all take some mescaline!'
'One of the things you learn after years of dealing with drug people, is that you can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug.'
mosamo
Abomination
145 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Dreamhunter wrote:'The ether was waring off. The acid was long gone. But the mescaline was running strong. Good mescaline comes on slow. First hour's all waiting, and then about halfway through second hour. You start cursing the creep who burned you because nothing's happening. And then... zang!'
'Come on now, let's all take some mescaline!'
'One of the things you learn after years of dealing with drug people, is that you can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug.'

Fucking great movie