Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Marrt wrote:
PizzaGater wrote:so true :D amazing how some people would always whine whatever changes will be made.
in this case it's a real progress with much less headache, congrats median team for all your work !

I wonder where you see any whining. The point is exactly, if there will be any changes to justify implementing the loot filter into the game, or if it's even possible. It's obviously ideal to have all important features built into the game.

Can you confirm look filter does not work with 2.0 and/or is not built into 2.0? I see in pages back you refer to this as "necessary". Many people felt that way about maphack on battle net and were banned because it was not an intended part of the game. Same with multiple instances of d2 using d2loader. Just because the devs allow it on realms does not automatically mean they support it or it's development. I believe Whist discussed a loot filter, so hopefully if it is not in now, it will appear in a later patch, like shared stash; we know it will not be in 2.0, but hopefully 2.1.
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Taem wrote:Can you confirm look filter does not work with 2.0 and/or is not built into 2.0?

D2stats loot filter works with 2.0. In-game loot filter does not exist in 2.0 and is not mentioned anywhere.

Taem wrote:Just because the devs allow it on realms does not automatically mean they support it or it's development.

Not sure what you mean with "support". There have been changes to the allowed tools over the time and I'd say if devs have allowed D2stats to be used, then they support the features in it (but do not maintain the tool). I don't think the other cases you've mentioned are similar, as the maphack/d2loader were probably not officially listed as allowed tools.
Pascal_25
Skeleton
2 | 0
:-D Nice!
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1220 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Taem wrote:Many people felt that way about maphack on battle net and were banned because it was not an intended part of the game. Same with multiple instances of d2 using d2loader. Just because the devs allow it on realms does not automatically mean they support it or it's development.

Anything on the tools page is specifically vetted by the devs and allowed on TSW. Why the hell else would they add it to the official site? ;-| You can also go look at the d2stats forum thread and see how it literally opens with the team checking it...

Taem wrote:I believe Whist discussed a loot filter, so hopefully if it is not in now, it will appear in a later patch, like shared stash; we know it will not be in 2.0, but hopefully 2.1.

Definitely agree with this. It'd be great to see an ingame loot filter.

In any case, how 'bout that wereowl?
godoffails
Bone Archer
78 | 8
Wereowl looks much funnier then trap rat :mrgreen:

Trap rat always looked lagging even when he isn't !

https://gyazo.com/ade4b177aa6fafc2904175e24d168587
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ParticuLarry wrote:
Captcha wrote:In the past I suggested guilds would be a good thing to implement, that way players can team up. If not easy in the game code or the battle.net equivalent then maybe via the web site.

Unfortunately, that has nothing to do with MXL as a mod, but with the software that keeps the servers running, pvpgn. The team doesn't have any influence on that, they just use that software. So unless that software is updated, there's no chance for guilds or clans to be properly implemented in the game.

There were 3 possibilities in the short message you quoted - game code, b.net servers and web site.

I think you'll find that the dev team do have "influence" over the multiplayer code. They're paying the bill after all. And it doesn't look like b.net by accident.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Siosilvar wrote:
Marrt wrote:
Captcha wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:Offline tools offers shared stash and free respec, it has nothing to do with the loot filter and stats. If you're thinking of d2stats, it's already unmaintained and we probably won't need it any more with the new features ingame.

It's a bit worrying that d2stats is unmaintained, since it's really useful and seemed to need a tweak each patch to deal with item changes. If it becomes unusable or unreliable that will be a big step backwards. It would be a good thing to prioritise getting its functionality into the main game imo (esp the drop filter).

Instead of implementing stuff like loot filter, speed calculator and documentation into the game, maybe devs should prioritise improving and adding new content? If they are not that hard to implement, then sure why not, but I don't think that's the case. We already have a functioning loot filter that takes 5 seconds to open and you can configure it in any way you like, so I don't see a reason why this should exist in game if it would take a lot of time to implement and achieve the same functionality in the end. Also, the loot filter is a very important part of the game, so I don't think it becoming unusable should even be considered an option. I don't know what tweaks you're referring to, which are required each patch. If it's something like the replacement of str/energy factor with spell focus, that has nothing to do with loot filter. With extended stat sheet becoming a part of the game, we shouldn't worry about such changes I guess.

The problem is that nobody is working on d2stats so there's no guarantee it will keep working. If it breaks at some point, someone has to either fix it or add its features into the game, or we won't have them at all. You can't say "it becoming unusable should [not] be considered an option" and also have "instead of loot filter, devs should prioritise new content", because it hasn't been touched in a year and nobody has stepped up to keep it up to date. I don't think it's particularly likely that the loot filter part will break entirely, but it's always possible.

& that's without considering the fact that, as a necessary feature, it should really just be part of the game so that folks who are new and don't know where the tools menu on this website is still have a loot filter.

Exactly. I seem to remember reading that even D2:R has incorporated this - and they're severely limiting changes to the original d2 so they must think it's important. It was really painful in clod - sometimes an item was "under" so many items you just couldn't even see it.
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
To clarify a couple things:

1) No in-game loot filter implemented, d2stats will continue to be the solution for the time being.

2) Single player will feature extended and shared stash, multiplayer will not. An attempt at implementing it in multiplayer was done, but it had issues and we had to remove it for the time being. There will be other attempts in future versions.
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
whist wrote:To clarify a couple things:

1) No in-game loot filter implemented, d2stats will continue to be the solution for the time being.

2) Single player will feature extended and shared stash, multiplayer will not. An attempt at implementing it in multiplayer was done, but it had issues and we had to remove it for the time being. There will be other attempts in future versions.

Wow, thanks for the update whist! That's great! Ever since PlugY support was lost I was getting increasingly fed up with item muling. I hope future attempts for multiplayer turn out well. Keep up the amazing work!! :)