Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
WReckLess wrote:Did we get 1 less max skill level due to "Witch Queen and Mirror Mirror minigames removed"&"optical detector now grants +1 to Maximum Skill Levels (due to Mirror Mirror removal)" so -2 + 1 = -1?

Yes, a gradual reduction of charm stats has been planned long ago. See here.

WReckLess wrote:Did legacy chars get update on their charms because "Tweaked some reward stats, reduced some endgame charm flat stats and moved some stats to earlier charms"?

In the current engine, until Sigma, it's impossible to automatically update a legacy item. We have two choices, either make the old item completely unusable or leave it as legacy.

For multiplayer (non-laddder) it's preferable to leave the legacy item in, after all the person played at the time before the change and earned said item. Also the existence of these items gives non-ladder it's own special "feature" which encourages more people to play there after the initial ladder hype has died, rather than quit altogether.

As far as single player goes we don't really have much control over how legitimately people play there. If one wants to keep a legacy item and use it because it's better than the new version - fine, if they would rather impose some honour system on themselves and throw it out - that's also fine. So giving you the choice rather than outright disabling the old item is again better.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
villur wrote:Im confused now, so MF increases the item quality - I will get more ancient armors and naginatas? Or does it mean i will get more magic/rare/unique items?

there's nothing mentioned about MF in the log. And MF will increase the chances for an item being magic/rare/etc, but it has no impact on the base item that you will get. What will make ancient armors / naginatas more common in this patch is the qlvl rework.

Regarding nodrop change, it basically works like this:
- There are two types of No Drop in median: No Drop (as seen in vanilla d2) and NDTC. The former is reduced by player count while the latter isn't. The change here was to move 50% of NDTC to No Drop, which means a bigger % of the total no drop chance will now be affected by player count - while the total no drop chance stays the same at players 1 setting.

This increases the drop amount on every location in the game, with elemental essences, runestones, trophies and charms being the exception.
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Marco wrote:Regarding nodrop change, it basically works like this:
- There are two types of No Drop in median: No Drop (as seen in vanilla d2) and NDTC. The former is reduced by player count while the latter isn't. The change here was to move 50% of NDTC to No Drop, which means a bigger % of the total no drop chance will now be affected by player count - while the total no drop chance stays the same at players 1 setting.

Was this done to better encourage people to play together?

Edit: Kind of a silly question, let me re-phrase, was this done ONLY to encourage people to play together, and do you have any idea's for the future for playing with other people to be more beneficial?
villur
Rust Claw
86 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Marco wrote:there's nothing mentioned about MF in the log. And MF will increase the chances for an item being magic/rare/etc, but it has no impact on the base item that you will get. What will make ancient armors / naginatas more common in this patch is the qlvl rework.

It wasn't anything in the logs that confused me, but what LH cited about how No Drop works. But I already got my answer :P
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Zennith wrote:Was this done to better encourage people to play together?

Edit: Kind of a silly question, let me re-phrase, was this done ONLY to encourage people to play together, and do you have any idea's for the future for playing with other people to be more beneficial?

well because mp-farming is terrible. I believe the reason why laz created NDTC in the first place was to punish /pX settings in SP.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
the new uber documentation has been released:

Kehjistan - https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/quests/kehjistan
Western Kingdoms - https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/quests/westernkingdoms
Wastelands - https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/quests/wastelands

additionally, there are a few new pages in the docs:
Trophy bonuses - https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/trophies
Poison Damage Explained - https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/poison
Spell Damage Explained - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=186
Armor Looks - https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/armorlooks
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Armor looks is really cool feature!

EDIT: Looks like Yshari Charm doesn't give % HP bonus anymore?

nvm, I see that Void charm also doesn't have 50 to attributes so i guess it's intended.
Edited by thunderman 6 years.
thanosdk
Rust Claw
85 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
From changelog: Boss health bar extension is now always the same, and no longer contains parenthesis

Will this fix the visual bug on defense tooltip after you defeat a boss?

suchbalance anwser about it back then: https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.p ... 313#p96313
redicomerade
Abomination
140 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Are the sleep charm bonuses are back to how they were previously in old docs?? Cause today they are nerfed, for example cubbing cathedral of vanity trophy gives you 10-15% spell damage. Now i see 21-30% again??
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
thanosdk wrote:From changelog: Boss health bar extension is now always the same, and no longer contains parenthesis

Will this fix the visual bug on defense tooltip after you defeat a boss?

suchbalance anwser about it back then: https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.p ... 313#p96313

Most likely it will fix it, yes, at least for most of the cases.
In the past health bars consisted of the boss name, and enough spaces until the string was 80 characters long.
Now it's always 10 spaces on both sides, so Diablo for example would be 26 characters, down from 80.

redicomerade wrote:Are the sleep charm bonuses are back to how they were previously in old docs?? Cause today they are nerfed, for example cubbing cathedral of vanity trophy gives you 10-15% spell damage. Now i see 21-30% again??

will fix